“Great location, needs some TLC, but exactly what I expected”

Landmark Holiday Beach Resort
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Having read through the reviews of this property on TA prior to our recent trip, I felt like I had a good idea of the pros and cons of this resort. My week there confirmed this and I was not disappointed in our experience(I was there with my two college aged kids).

Yes, this is an older property showing its age that would benefit from a more diligent maintenance crew. Our unit, a 4th floor end unit, was just right. Spacious, clean, mostly quiet and easily accessible via stairwell (not ever swept during our week that I could tell). Check in was breeze and was told by friendly clerk that there were spring breakers here also, but quiet time was after 10 pm so to call security if there were issues. Never had to. Resort is on western end of PCB beaches so not a huge spring break hang out. Mostly families which I appreciated greatly. Found a parking spot most days out front, but when full parked across the street which was a very short walk.

Being on the beach is what its all about for us so in this respect I have no complaints. Chair rental was friendly and affordable and we watched the sunset from our balcony daily. Being lulled nightly by the sound of the waves was a treat for a Midwesterner! The resort did have a family oriented schedule of activities for the week. We only did the lunch grill out which was fine. Did not have much interaction with staff, but did have a toilet needing fixing which was done within the hour. I would stay here again.

P.S. 1.2 miles west of resort on Front Beach Road is Thomas' Doughnuts. Go there early in the morning so you don't have to stand in line!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Denneryboy

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed MLKs birthday weekend. The view from the balcony was stunning, and the observation deck on the 16th floor was amazing. Niceties included hoses and showers to rinse the sand off right at the boardwalk in front of the hotel. The staff was lovely. We were allowed six towels and if we wanted maid service it was extra. I didn't mind as the condo had a washer and dryer. I didn't find stripping the beds to be a big deal when we left, taking out the trash was no problem, there is a trash chute on every level. Starting the dishwasher after using dishes, why would we leave dirty dishes anyway? no problem.

cons:
the condos are showing their age. Our toilet rocked, the stove top had been sprung at sometime and the oven door didn't close correctly.
The screens were torn in both rooms and the bedroom sliding door to the balcony didn't work.
The pool and the hot tub were extremely over chlorinated. It stripped our hair, dried our skin, and faded our bathing suits. My husband had bright blue trunks a few years old that have been in other pools and beaches, but faded about four shades. My orange trunks that I bought last year faded. When we hung my bathing suit up it dripped dye, even though it's been washed before and didn't fade. My husband worked in pools all through HS, and worked two years full time at a public year-round pool and he could not believe how much chlorine was dumped into the hot tub and pool.

The view, the friendly staff, were fives, sadly some problems with maintenance brought the experience at the Landmark to an overall three.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank becky k
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We just returned from a four day visit with my parents who were staying at the Landmark for two weeks. The Landmark is a older timeshare property right on the beach in PCB. All the rooms have a wonderful view. However, the property is well used and it is a timeshare. Being that's its a timeshare you do have your own washer/dryer and full kitchen. However, it also means that you are to take out your own trash and stripe the bedding before leaving. Wireless internet was available in the room. They had a great three bedroom and two bath place with plenty of room for everyone. Oh, they also had planned activites throughout the week -- we attended a two hour free concert at the activity center. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: You can hear the evalators in x04 rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank WestCoastTravels034
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

NO Wifi. Just a place in need of major upgrading and maintenance . Paint peeling . Tube TVs .They make you strip the beds, take out trash wash dishes . Location good. Beach good. I will not be coming back.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank dman456
Reviewed January 2, 2013

No WIFI only usable in lobby which only has 2 chairs and 1 desktop computer. Parking Sucked. Parked in overflow almost everyday. Had to take out own garbage, strip bedding and start dishwasher. Charges $25 for every 15 minutes past 10am check out =:( I was not impressed on Christmas day there was a tornado warning for the bay area and no one was available to find out where we were to go for shelter (we were on the 12th floor), The elevator was terribly loud - sounded like a freight train everytime it ran. Slept with the balcony doors open so we could hear the ocean just so we could fall asleep. Bluegreen Resorts blow this RCI resort away!! It cost us $700.88 for 7 days. Could have stayed at the Holiday Inn on the beach with all the anemities for only a little bit more money. Should have done that instead. Will next time!

Room Tip: Choose a different more up to date resort! DO NOT STAY IN ANY ROOM ENDING IN **05
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Richbewitch
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We loved the gorgeous view provided from our room, and were happy with the spaciousness of the condo. Our unit was very clean, and the staff was friendly. I could tell the office staff tried to keep "the spirit" of the place positive and welcoming. The beds were very comfortable; kudos to the pillow top cushions, what a nice touch! The indoor pool is what our kids used the most, and it's a really good one.
Request a condo which is not adjacent to the elevators; they are noisy and you do hear them regularly. Also, they are a bit slow, and at one point (for 1/2 hour one morning), non-functional. We never heard noise from any of the other visitors, which was so nice.
It's time to get wireless here. Crazy that people need to flock to the front office to use laptops!!
This is just an average place; no frills, but gives you the necessities. I would recommend some work on the sliding doors; when it rained, we had to put a towel on the carpet in front of them to keep the carpet from getting soaked.
Again, come into it with the expectation that it has great views, a super comfy bed, and meets your basic needs, and you'll really like it!

Room Tip: Avoid a condo by the elevators.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank love2goIowa
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here before and I now notice a slow decline in value. The WiFi is intermittent on the 14th floor. The staff seems to be on the job but not on the ball. Maybe be the last visit there for me.

• Stayed: November 2012