“Loved by a local!”
Review of Deadeye Dick's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Deadeye Dick's Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
“Loved by a local!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Boyfriend and I went here thinking it would be a tourist trap, but we were wrong. Service was nice. Good selection at the salad bar. A little pricey (we expected it). You have to try the Baked Potato Casserole! Fantastic!!

• Visited July 2013

“A bit on the pricey side but good!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

When I originally called this restaurant on the phone they told me they had all you can eat prime rib....which is my husbands idea of an awesome dinner. So we go in and they have a nice salad bar right when you walk in. The hostess who sat us said pretty much everything comes with the salad bar other than if you order an actual salad. So we sit down and order drinks then asked the waiter about the all you can eat prime rib. She tells us its not prime rib but pork chops....and it doesn't include the salad bar. Then they had a 16 ounce steak, 16 ounce potato and a 16 ounce beer for $16. Sounds great.....doesn't come with the salad bar. To add the salad bar it was another $6.99. By this time I was ready to leave and make another choice for dinner but we had already gotten our overpriced drinks so we would've had to pay for them anyways. So we ended up eating here which was good food...but I think th workers need to be better informed of promotions and specials so they don't falsely reel guests into their restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Overpriced and sickening”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The only positive thing I have to say about this place is the server was awesome. Worst NY Strip I have ever had. The salad bar tasted old and also made me extremely sick for two days. How this place is in business still is beyond me, especially since its sister restaurant Dirty Dicks is good.

Charleston, SC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had to stop to puke on I-10 the next morning...”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My father, who lives in town, wanted to try this place for his birthday, so my entire family, 10 total, had dinner. The prices are outrageous for the quality of food we received. I don't think any of us liked what we ordered. The salad bar was overall mediocre for the price and, unfortunately, the next morning, my husband had to pull over on the side of the road so that I could vomit up all the food from the salad bar. It wasn't even digested, like my body was physically rejecting it. Not the way I wanted to start my 9-hour drive back to my home state. My younger brother also felt ill after eating there that night.

We were first seated (turn right go past the salad bar) and the table was under the A/C vent. Being in the middle of summer the A/C was cooling but was also dripping onto the table, ok, no big deal unless you're the poor family member who has to endure it. I can see how someone may get annoyed while eating.

Although, the salad bar had fresh greens and veggies, and had very good tasting, homemade, dressings, unfortnately the rest of the salad bar had hors douvres and tapas style food that was stale (dinner was at 6 pm, food tasted like it was there since lunch) and some things were a bit pretentious (roast duck on bruschetta with honey roasted pecan and marshmellow...etc) with no culinary execution to back it up. The hummus was too dry and I believe the fruit salad was what caused the regurgitation.

Now on to the main courses. This place claims to be a steakhouse, but the waiter recommended to my father to get the hangar steak. Really?! the butcher's cut?! Really?! starting with a mediocre cut will never end in a high quality steak. The Ribeye that I ordered was well cooked and well seasoned. The grilled veggies that comes as a side item tasted like it was over seasoned with curry power. I suppose if you like that curry taste it's not bad, but I don't expect that much curry seasoning on grilled veggies. My husband ordered the beef brisket - it came out with 1) no visible smoke rings, 2) no red/pink, all brown= over cooked, and 3) drenched in BBQ sauce. Although the BBQ sauce tasted good. Those are the 3 worst things anyone can do to a brisket. My husband was offended that any self respecting chef/ownder woud ever let that brisket leave the kitchen and felt like since the restaurant is in a tourist town that the restaurant just pulls one over on people with no conscience. Since it's a tourist town new tourists will continue to come no matter how bad the reviews. Quality is not as high as the price.

Loganville, Georgia
“Awesome Salad Bar”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We usually eat at Dirty Dicks Crab House on every visit, but this place was new to us and it's located right next door.The service was great and the food even better.I had the Mac&Cheese w/ Prime Rib (I wish I had some right now..) it was delicious! ! My husband and oldest daughter had ribs and our youngest had the childs steak,which she loved and the plate is a frisbee that you take with you.We all had the best baked potato ever and added the salad bar also.I could eat from the salad bar daily.It had so many unique items that were fantastic..I can't wait to go back next summer.I wish we had one here in Atlanta ;)