The building is old, the condo "owner association" collects money from the condo owners but doesn't let them change things unless they approve them. They need to let the owners update more things, especially the door knobs/locks, etc. The association is responsible for things getting fixed at the building itself, not the individual condo owners. The condo owners can only do what is approved. There is a maintenance man for the building who will come & fix things.
As for those of you who reported how bad their condo was, especially the one who stayed in room 511, "you get what you pay for". I don't know about 511, but I know there are a lot of other places in this building that are very nice. The people who stayed in #511 are the people that left their hot water heater spraying water all night without telling anyone which caused our ceiling & everyone below us ceiling to leak. Maybe you should take into consideration that people who stay in these places are the ones who destroy them and ruin it for everyone else. There were people who let their kids run wild thundering down the halls and occasionally knocking into people when they ran around corners there. They also let them swim really late without parents being there disturbing our sleep, but we didn't rent an adults only place, so we didn't complain. As for saying there wasn't an ocean view, your room was 2 floors above ours (311) and we had a great view, did you have your blinds closed or your eyes open??? None of the condo's have a balcony, you should have read the description & asked questions. If you expected luxury, toilet paper, house keeping, etc. you should have went to a hotel. These are CONDO's, you obviously have never stayed in a condo before. They do not provide anything except what is listed unless they tell you they have a minimum supply of toilet paper, shampoo, etc. You have to provide your own food, toilet paper, paper towels, shampoo, soap, etc. There is no maid service, the cleaning charge you pay for is to clean up the mess you leave. Granted, the service they use could stand to clean better and wash the bedspreads more often. And if they see a stain on furniture or bedding, they need to try to clean it or contact the condo owners who pay them. After seeing some things some of the people who rent these places do, I would never want to buy one. Maybe the renters would take better care of their places if they screened their renters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at St Thomas Square on Panama City Beach is a truly unique vacation destination. The Inn is located just across the street and sits along the magnificent Grand Lagoon. The Villas and Plaza are not a busy, crowded high-rise condominium. It is actually a European Villas and Plaza with all the comforts of home set in a quaint, relaxing atmosphere. The Inn is one of only a few locations with a boat dock along Grand Lagoon. Grand Lagoon will give you easy access to St. Andrews Bay, The Gulf of Mexico, and Shell Island.There are several floor plans to choose from that accommodates 2 to 8 people. If you are traveling as a couple, family or group, rowers, triathletes, baseball, softball, cheerleaders, divers or bikers, we have rentals to fit every budget. All Villa’s and Plaza units have fully equipped kitchens and all but the studios have a washer/dryer. Though The Inn is across the street from the beach, it only takes a minute to walk across the street to the open sugar white sands and pitch your gear for a fun filled day of sun. We are within walking distance to Club LaVela, Spinnaker, Emerald Falls Family Entertainment, and Hammer Head Fred’s. There is a Mexican bar and grill on the property, a hair and nail salon and Panama City Beach Winery, Gift shop that has a large selection of the best Florida Citrus wines available. They have wine tasting daily – our top pick is the Mango. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Top of the Gulf Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Top Of The Gulf Hotel Panama City Beach
- Top Of The Gulf Panama City Beach