Top of the Gulf Suites
$169
Hampton.com
$237
Beachcomber By The Sea(Panama City Beach)
$135
Bikini Beach Resort(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Pool
$204
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$135
Comfort Suites Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$115
ComfortSuites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach Pier Park(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$109
$98
Beachside Resort Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$219
Chateau Motel(Panama City Beach)
$159
  • Pool
All reviewsmanagement companiesolder complexcar showground floor unitread the fine printowned condopool or beachthomas drenjoyed our stayvacation spotemerald coastbeach serviceinternetrulescookwarespinnakercondominium
Reviewed August 28, 2011

my fiancee & I & our 2 teenage sons. Stayed 15/19. I booked it on line the room we was suppost to be in had an ocean view&when we checked in they charged us extra 60 for cleaning &45 for insurance & we didn't know there was NO room service . You have to wash your on towels! they shouldve made it clearer

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank jesusaves1
Reviewed August 26, 2011

It was a great weekend get a way for our family of 5...great location, and the price can't be beat, fabulous swimming pool and the staff at the front desk was so nice....we rented from an individual who we got a code from to open the door and we never had to interact with the staff, but went in to ask her a few local questions about the fire works etc... and they were so helpful and sweet. The price was great, it is an older building, and I guess it may be luck of the draw what condo you get they are personally owned I think, we were thrilled with the unit we booked at vacation rental by owner....I think this couple has two in the building we were quite happy with our choice of staying here, so much we are going back to the same unit for Thunder Beach in the fall. Great place for the price and the location. Laundry room on the floor so all was well....Give it a try you want be disappointed. There are better places by far out there on the beach but for a inexpensive studio condo it was GREAT, we stayed forth of July weekend. HAD A BALL!!

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank c h
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The worst experience and spoilt my vacation. First of all this is such an old buliding and it requires some cleanliness and painting. The day we checked into the condo the toilet flush was no working and we were 4 of us . Me , my hysband, my mom and my kid. There were only 2 towels and they mentioned they would not replace it. The person at the reception was so rude when asked for help. There is always a bad terrible smell coming. Please please dont ever go into this property. Better to pay a few bucks more and stay in a better place.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Sal123_11
Reviewed June 6, 2011

My husband and I wanted a quick weekend trip while the kids were with grandparents. This was a great price so we were looking forward to going. This condo is the standard for the saying "you get what you pay for". The building is very old and needs lots of work to be brought up to the standards most people are use to in a condo complex. We stayed in room 825. As soon as we got there I wanted to move to another room. The comforter had stains on it, the shower curtain was torn and the bottom was black with mildew, the floor tile was white with white grout, however the grout was almost black from being so dirty. I never walked on the floor without wearing my shoes. The comode seat did not fit the bowl of the comode (wrong shape), the caulking around the comode was suppose to be white, however it was black also. the comode was not anchored well so everytime you sat on it you could hear it lift up and then hit against the tile. There was no fixture covering the light in the bath room. Just a light bulb. One of the lamps did not work. There were lights blown in the ceiling fan above the bed. The outside of the freezer had something orange all over it, and something the same color was on the wall over the shower head. The A/C did not work well so the room stayed hot most the time. There were 2 good thing, the view out the window (no balcony). However, in order to keep the room cool enough we had to keep the curtains closed all the time. And a nice pool. I will add that the manager Barbara, did take the comforter and have it dry-cleaned to remove the stains and return it to us that afternoon. But after seeing something that resembled blood stains on a comforter we were hesitant to use it again. My husband even made the comment he was glad we brought our on pillows. We will never go back, or recommend this condo. The only people this place might work for is someone with very low standards!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Yahtzee13
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We should have known better than to book a unit with no reviews and at such a low price so I guess it's our fault but Top of the Gulf is a very old building; we stayed in unit 825. This particular unit was VERY outdated. It had a stuffy and stale smell, the rug in the room appeared very dirty the comforter and blanket had stains that I'm sure were washed but the stains just won't come out because of how old it is. The couch appears dingy and dirty and is not fully its color because its so old. The toilet looks disgusting with orange rust outlining it we had to buy a toilet rug to cover it up and we found food particles and trash under our bed. We wanted this to be a romantic vacation but we felt so uncomfortable that romance was out of the picture. The air conditioner never really worked during our stay...it was so hot at one point we just sat in the OLD lobby for a few hours because it was unbearable. I hate to be so blunt about things because the manager Barbara was very nice and seemed genuine but I have to tell the truth about the unit and the building. We slept on the sheets with no blanket on top 1 because it was hot as all get out and two because we just felt dirty and didn't want anything in the unit to touch us. We didn't even go out at night because we didn't even want to get ready in the room, the only place we felt somewhat comfortable on were the sheets. The hall and wall ways in this building just smelt stuffy and stale. I wouldn't consider us high maintenance but we do want to sleep in comfortable and nice conditions while vacationing....like home. Some people may be okay with these living conditions but when stuff doesn't appear clean even though they might be you still won't be comfortable. I can say this however! The view is breathtaking...waking up in the morning and looking out of the window made us smile. Overall, I would not recommend this unit and if I did recommend it would only be for an elderly couple, I'm talking people in their 80s . I wish that I could have saw other units in the building because it is so old I wonder if other owners are able to make their units comfortable or if they are kind of ruined because of the buildings age.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
9  Thank kacdanz
pcbbmw, Front Office Manager at Top of the Gulf Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2010

While Top of the Gulf is an older property, the weekend that Kacdanz stayed was truly a memorable weekend. The cooling towers ( air conditioning units on the roof, that control the entire property) had a busted water pipe, and the entire property was without air conditing, NOT a good think in Florida the last week of July. Some 12 units were flooded from the water line, and other were inconvienienced by not having air conditioning for several hours. Just like if you were at home, you cannot forsee problems. The plumbing contractors and the HVAC technicians were here to make the repairs, but this still took a few hours.

The interior ( furnishings, decor and cleanliness) is solely the owners responsibility, as each condo is individually owned. As we live in a salt water environment, rust can and will happen.

In this unit where Kacdanz stayed, I know the rugs have been removed, and a new Lazy Boy sleeper sofa was purchased, as well as new bedding. We hope Kacdanz would reconsider staying at Top of the Gulf again.

Each person has a different opinion on what is clean or nice, and dirty and old. Not all guest like the "Beachy" themes, "West Indies" look, or "Animal prints, monkeys, or elephants".

But Top of the Gulf condominiums is a family friendly, economical property. One of the few that has a "kiddie pool" for toddlers and small children. We are a beach front complex, have a seasonal snack bar, and is within walking distance to restaurants, family entertainment, a golf course, and nightclub life. We are a great location for Thunder Beach Week, and next to the Ironman Florida event "START / FINISH" line.