WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in Panama City Beach
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Will Stay again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I loved this hotel. Everything was so close. When we got to the hotel, we received a map that had every place you can think of on it, Walmart, Target, restaurants, shopping, etc. The staff was very friendly and helped in every way possible. The breakfast was free and was very delicious. This hotel is not on the beach, but they have a pool with a splash area. This was very fun for for my child. The famous Pier Park is about 5 minute drive. It has everything there, rides, shopping, food, movies, Target, etc. Most of the other attractions are about a 10 minute drive, the beach, food, shopping, Ripleys Believe It or Not, Walmart, etc.

Overall, I would stay here again. The hotel was very clean and peaceful. It was not noisy, to say we went in July with many other families staying there. The rooms are big and spacious. The beds are comfortable. The bathrooms are super clean and fresh. The only thing I did not like about this hotel was there was no microwave or fridge in your room. They have a microwave downstairs on the main floor with access anytime. The front desk agent told me that they have a revolving pair that a guest can request but it is not a definite that you will get it.

The staff is excellant! The location is great! Just stay here!

Room Tip: You should request the microwave and fridge pair.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank clesas1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

I found the one staff member with whom I dealt directly both friendly and helpful. I especially liked her recommendation of a local fish house (J. Michael's) - excellent food, very popular and only about 2 minutes from the Hampton.

The beds were comfortable and the room was spacious enough. There was a fridge and microwave in the room and I am always pleased when the fridge is quiet, and this one was. There was a very limited selection of TV channels for those who like that, which could be more to do with Panama City Beach's somewhat remote location. Nevertheless, if you like a good selection on your TV, this location is limited

Finally, I have a complaint that is neither characteristic nor exclusive to Hampton Inns but which I see all too frequently on my travels. The problem is what I call "dwarf toilets": toilets so low to the ground that they are more suitable to garden gnomes than human beings. For some, that might encourage them to look to other hotels in the area when they visit Panama City Beach.

Oh yes, one final little problem. Putting the address into the GPS, the exact street number wasn't found. When I got close to the Hotel, I had to pull over and call. I was told that one had to "fool the GPS" by using the correct street address but listing it in Panama City instead of Panama City Beach. It is in fact in Panama City Beach and it is listed that way on the Hampton pages. Hampton should include a note to that effect on the page that deals with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Dr._Jack_L._Edwards
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

The second floor was damp and the carpet buckled from moisture. Compared to the St. Petersburg location, this was shabby! The furnishings were worn and soiled, as was the carpet.
On the positive side, my air was non functional on the first night, but after reporting it I came back to a new unit that afternoon. The breakfast was also completely prepared by six (unlike the St. Pete location).
The staff were all very courteous and my room was restocked and cleaned daily.
All in all though, this is not what I would expect for a $100+ room!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Regina R
St Louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

stayed over the 4th of July holiday. The staff (including all shifts & all levels) were nice, friendly and very accomodating. Although we were not on the beach...it was a short drive to beach access...and we had no beachfront traffic to deal with. The rooms were very quiet, clean and comfortable. The free breakfast had everthing you could want to eat. Excellant value for your money.

Room Tip: stay in rooms that away from elevator & ice machine
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TYJOPA
, Manager at Hampton Inn Panama City Beach, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us over the 4th of July. We enjoyed having with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on us we certainly appreciate it.
Oro Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

very friendly staff. clean hotel, breakfast was nice. plenty of parking. not at beach but just drive down a short ways and you are there. 5 min drive to beach and many resteraunts

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Panama City Beach, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope the next time you are all the way out this way from Arizona that you choose to stay with us again. We loved having you with us.

Auburn, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at this property last month. My family and I stayed for about 5 days. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. They have wonderful staff. The GM Jody was very personable. Breakfast was very good. Everything was well stocked and the breakfast person was awesome! Overall great hotel and excellent staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jo M
Dear Jo-0625,

I am so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed Peggy and Yura at breakfast and your overall experience was satisfying. We look forward to you and your family to join us again.