“Yummy”
Review of Hognose Snapper - CLOSED

Hognose Snapper
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We liked this place. Good food for price . Small laid back.and not crazy busy. Got in fast. Everyone was nice.been here several times so its consistent. Thanks

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Arrived around 4 with no wait and service right away. Atmosphere was quaint even though it was not beachside. They have early bird specials and we took full advantage. We ordered the smoked tuna dip and lobster spring rolls for an appetizer at $5.50 each. Smoked tuna was the best we have had in PC. Mostly tuna and less "dip". Homeade chips were excellent. The wife had blackened mahi mahi with jasmine rice and I had the fried seafood platter. Everything was tasty and the crab cakes were amazing. The bill was $47 for the two of us and that included fresh baked bread, two appetizers and two entrees. Would definitely recommend visiting the Hognose Snapper.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My family and I were down at the beach for 8 days on vacation. The kids don't really care about going out to eat as long as they have chicken fingers and fries... On our 4th day there, we were very unhappy about all of the food that we had been getting at the big places... I won't name drop, but you know who I'm talking about. Long lines... and the food taste like it's fresh from the walmart freezer to your plate. Not real fish or shrimp. While talking to some newly made friends on the beach, he asked if we had ever been to Hognose... He said it was the best food he had ever had at the beach and that we should check it out.. No waiting to be seated and fast, friendly, service. When we got there, just as promised, no wait to be seated.. We were seated at the "chalkboard table" which was awesome for the kids to go crazy on. This was at about 5:30PM so we got the early special (3-6pm) which is basically half off entree's. I had the grouper sandwhich, my wife had the Mahi-Mahi, and the kids had chicken fingers and fries. All of our food was AMAZING. Best food we had all week... They also give you homemade bread which is fabulous and their ranch dressing dressing is homemade and also INCREDIBLE!! The kid's said they were the best chicken fingers they had ever had. We ate there 2 more times before we left and were just as satisfied as the first time. I imagine next year, we may just go there every single night and try something different. Especially with little kids.... it's so hard to wait for 2 hours to eat... and who wants to wait that long for a nasty walmart freezer burnt shrimp meal anyway?

Thank you Hognose for keeping the seafood, well... seafood.

4  Thank Beachin_B
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Unexpectedly arrived for the early bird before 6pm. Had the blackened Mahi Mahi with rice. It was very good. My daughter had the chicken Alfredo. She didn't like the Alfredo sauce but I thought it was very good. It just wasn't the typical tasting Alfredo sauce. The bisque was very good too. Affordable appetizing place for dinner. Didn't have to wait for a seat at this particular time. Server was very friendly. Food came out timely. Would certainly return.

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Food, service and atmosphere were top notch. Smoked Tuna Dip with home made chips was to die for! Waitress was very friendly and the restaurant decor was unique. Will definitely be back next time were are in PCB.