“Yummy!”
Review of Hognose Snapper - CLOSED

Hognose Snapper
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Doesn't look too great from outside and hardly anyone there. Waitress was nice. Ordered calamari, crab cakes and shrimp for appetizers. All delicious. Also received complimentary bread. My husbands Maihi Maihi (sp?) was delicious as was my seafood sampler. My father in law got fettucine and seemed to enjoy it.Great cheesecake and key lime pie for dessert. My one complaint was there was no kids menus but we just fed them off our plates. There was fries and chicken strips on the menu. So far this was the best food we've eaten in Panama City beach. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: March 2013

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I have been looking forward to eating with Lexi and the crew at the hognose snapper for six months! When I got to Panama City Beach I was excited to find that they had moved into a larger nice freestanding building. A sign that she and her husband must be doing something right... it's pretty simple... fresh seafood cooked perfectly! My buddy and i started off splitting two appetizers the crabcakes and the smoke Tuna dip. I challenge anybody to show me a crabcake that could possibly be better... And the smoked tuna dip was unbelievable. I had the blackened grouper sandwich that was simply wonderful served on a fresh baked bun. My buddy had the grouper Imperial which was a pan cooked piece of grouper with crab meat sauce on it that was simply divine also the special vegetable of the day was one of my favorites... collard greens. All paired with a great glass of the house wine and we were pleased. I can't wait for my next trip.... It's only a couple of hours away...maybe I will go tonight!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Vacationing in PCB, we wanted to try the local culture-what a great find. It lived up to all the excellent reviews given for service, food, down home atmosphere. If in the area, it is definitely a place to dine. Jessica did a great job sering, was very charming (southern charm). I had the crabcakes and my wife had the shrimp.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've eaten here twice and I'm impressed with both the quality and the value. This is one of those chef-owner kinds of place they spotlight on the Cooking Channel. On my first visit, we shared the best fried green tomatoes i've ever had (yes, I did have the sweet tea and cheese grits for the Southern trifecta) and I had the blackened grouper sandwich. On my second trip, I had the daily special, a blackened prime rib sandwich. It was served on the house-made bread with house-made remoulade sauce, lettuce, and tomato. Yes,the accompanying fries were house-made. Notice a trend? That is what sets Hognose Snapper apart from the competition.

Date of visit: February 2013
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We are snowbirds, staying in PC Beach for a few weeks. We had friends come to visit us, and we were looking for something "different". We found a FABULOUS restaurant in PC Beach! Hognose Snapper may not look like much on the outside, but what you get inside more than makes up for it. The food is creative, delicious, and presented artistically.....all at a reasonable price. The decor is funky and eclectic, but fun. This is a "must" when in Panama City Beach!

Date of visit: January 2013