“delicious pizza!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I ate at Island Piazza with a group of friends while visiting PCB and my whole group LOVED it! The texture and flavour of the crust was superb. There is pretty much every topping imaginable. Signature piazzas were great but I personally loved being able to create my own. This is a small pizza place place NOT a fine dining restaurant. BUT the pizza is sooooo good!!!! I highly recommend it! Will definitely be back on my next visit.

Date of visit: October 2012

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I ate here for the first time on our recent trip to Panama City Beach. We read other reviews on here so decided to give it a try. Their pizza was amazing! Great price and a large variety of toppings to choose from. You pick the type of crust, sauce, cheese and up to 10 toppings for only $7.99! Loved it, we'll definitely go back!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We visited this place back in October of 2011 after he had just got started. We ate there several times (picked it up and took back to our place for an ocean view). Pizza is unique and very reasonable priced. Nice beer choices at a good price. Several specialty pizzas were tried and all were good, including a dessert pizza. Not fancy but that keeps overhead down. A real entrepreneur who bought an old pizza by the slice location to make his own hand made pizzas. The crust is unique and I hope that does not change. Get several to take back to your place to warm up later for lunch and dinners when you do not want to have to go out. Not the typical chain pizza which is nice while on vacation in FL, but you want one after you are tired of seafood and high prices.

Date of visit: November 2011
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Honestly, don't waste your time at this place. I was very excited to go here after reading these reviews but I was really disappointed. I NEVER write reviews but I felt like I needed to try to warn people.

The pictures and reviews make this pizza out to be very heavy, thick and filling. The pizzas are dinky little things, not thick or heavy at all (even with a lot of toppings). It reminded me of CiCi's pizza (really thin, dry and cheap looking). It honestly looked worse than frozen pizzas to me. Yeah, it's only 8 bucks, but I could spend the same amount at Hungry Howies and be MUCH happier. It's kind of neat to be able to pick out of a list of so many toppings but ehh, it's really not worth it. The toppings didn't look fresh, they were diced up really, really small and were probably frozen.

The ONLY thing I liked was that the crust had a nice "crunch" to it. That's it. I got the white out pizza and my boyfriend got a custom with a ton of toppings and both just looked like a joke. It's not even worth 8 bucks, just go somewhere else with your money.

I REALLY don't get what all the hype was about. I think a lot of these reviews must be fake or something.

Date of visit: October 2012
1  Thank simplyme215
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Fueled by the great reviews on TripAdvisor we ventured to Island Pizza Creations Monday evening for what we hoped was really going to be the best pizza on the beach. The location is a bit surprising and doesn't have the typical feel of a pizza joint as it's in a shopping center and has volcano and tiki murals on the walls. There is some outside dining via metal chairs and tables and indoor tables as well. We arrived around 7:40 and there were no customers and the sole employee (owner? manager?) was cleaning up. Though the menu is fun and offbeat (pickle topping on pizzas?) and offers more flexibility than chain pizza parlors, we're pretty basic pizza eaters so opted for a red sauce on Italian crust with mozzarella, feta and black olive. We were a little confused about kid's size and adult size but ordered the adult pizza with two soft drinks. The price was certainly reasonable at $12.89 for everything. We only had to wait a few minutes for the order and expecting a pizza pan with a yummy, hot pie, were surprised to get our order equally divided and served on plates. Not sure if this is the norm or just a convenience because of the late hour and kitchen clean-up already in progress. The restaurant closed (at 8:00 PM) while we were still eating. The pizza didn't really look, smell or taste any better than any other pizza and the seasoning on the Italian crust was a bit overpowering. We likened the pizza to a cross between Dominoe's and Papa John's. Staff was friendly and nice, the restaurant was clean and the price was great, but it didn't lend the same atmosphere one would expect from a pizza place. Overall, we're glad we tried it, but will return to the much maligned Mellow Mushroom on our next visit. We have 'Shroom at home and are used to the fairly consistent fare there - I can't say it's the best pizza place anymore with the advent of their more commercial environment (not like the awesome murals and funky atmosphere or 'hippy' pizza bakers in '74) but we were surprised there were so many negative reviews for Mellow Mushroom on TripAdvisor.

Date of visit: September 2012