“Beautiful ride...”

Capt. Anderson's Marina - Fishing & Cruising Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: There are so many fun things to do here at Capt. Anderson's Marina that we don't know where to begin! With almost 60 years as North Florida's premier water excursion facility in Panama City Beach, we are the marina "where the fish are always biting and the kids are always smiling"! Capt. Anderson's Marina, located on the Historic Grand Lagoon within minutes of scenic St. Andrews Bay and the bountiful Gulf of Mexico, is open year' round and a must-do on your vacation list - we can help you put the fun stuff in your trip~! FISHING: We offer 5 HR, 6 HR, 8 HR, 10 HR, 12 HR, half-day and all-day Deep Sea Fishing trips on 5 large head boats (party boats) as well as private sport fishing on over 25 smaller charter boats. Come spend the day on the newest boat in the fleet, the Capt. Anderson 10 HR Deep-Sea Fishing boat and experience salt water fishing at its best! We also have a conveniently located Fish Market here at the dock to clean and pack your fish for travel. Just imagine how you will be eating fresh fish for dinner that night! DOLPHINS: The Capt. Anderson III is our double decker boat taking visitors on narrated Dolphin Sightseeing Cruises loaded with fun and adventure! Join us during the day for the 3-1/2 HR cruise which includes a visit to pristine Shell Island, an Eco-Tour (watch a trawl net pulled up to check out the cool sea life of St. Andrews Bay!) and of course go see the Dolphins frolic and play! Or, choose serenity and sunsets with the 1-1/2 HR evening cruise that is the perfect way to get out on the water, listen to music and relax while viewing the Dolphins and the beautiful sunsets that Panama City Beach is famous for! SHELL ISLAND: Our large, comfortable PCB Shell Island Express Ferry will take your family from the Grand Lagoon through St. Andrew's Bay over to the dock at legendary Spanish Shanty Cove on Shell Island where you can spend just a couple hours or the whole day! We have the easiest way to get to Shell Island with a large dockside parking lot (FREE parking!) where you can off-load all your beach equipment right at the shuttle departure area. Upon arriving at Shell Island, it is only a very short boardwalk to get to the pristine clean white sands! Go exploring, swimming, shelling, or just relaxing on a stretch of the sugar sands that is like your own private beach with no condos behind you! The shuttle also offers Paddle Board rentals so you can check out the oyster beds, sea grass, and diverse ecosystem of Spanish Shanty and St. Andrews Bay!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Senoia, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful ride...”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This was a great experience for my cousins...i have been every year since i was little and have never had a bad experience...shell island is beautiful and the boat trip was amazing...we saw 7 dolphins and we love to feed the seagulls on the way out...amazing time and great price...

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Amber A

Fayetteville, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Captain Andersons Deep Sea Fishing”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I had booked a fishing trip with Captain Anderson's back in February for the week of spring break 2012. About three weeks before my son's decided to go so I added him to my reservation. I went the day before the trip just to make sure everything was okay. Well the woman at the ticket counter was VERY rude and informed me I had not picked a spot for my son's friend. She told us the boat was full and there was no place for him even though they had taken the $60 fee. She then said he could be a rider. I got a full refund for all for passengers. I can understand a mistake made but the rudeness of the person is inexcusable. Of course no one at Captain Anderson's has called with any type of apology. I will never book with them again. We did go right around the corner the Treasure Island and they were super nice and my family had a blast on the fishing trip with them.

Visited April 2012
10 Thank Cathy W
kenh5909
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Ladies Left at Dolphin Island by Capt. Anderson Cruises”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Capt. Anderson's Shell Island and Dolphin cruise LEFT two over 60 year old ladies on Shell Island. This island is not habited. When we got back to the dock (yes, we were 5 minutes late), the boat had sailed without us. The crew had a head count of passengers and we made the crew aware that we did not have a watch. We asked if they could alert us by blowing the boat horn, but they said "no". There were other people on the beach that day, so we gauged our time by the number of people still on the beach. The crews' lack of concern for their patrons is appalling!! Our tickets were numbered and our name and phone number were computerize, matched and printed on the tickets. They also took a boarding picture of us. The "what if's" and liabilities are endless. We never received a call later checking on us to see if we were okay or any call from the company. Shame on this boat captain and crew.

Visited September 2011
6 Thank kenh5909
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good value for some time on the gulf.”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Only saw 2 dolphins from a distance but not for lack of trying the captain kept moving us to different locations to look for them but no luck. I think the rocky waves had a lot to do with that. Tropical storm lee was coming in so the water was very wild. Loved feeding cheetos to the seagulls and just being on the water, good experience:)

Columbus, Georgia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Lots of Dolphins”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We decided last minute to take a short trip to the Gulf. We happened to drive by this marina and saw the signs for the many cruises it offers.We chose the short and inexpensive dolphin cruise since the skies looked a little dark and gloomy to chance a long excursion. The boat ride was comfortable and entertaining. the staff was wonderful and very involved with the guests. They even brought us Cheetos to hand feed the seagulls as the boat went in search of dolphins. My two teens loved this!! Soon the dolphins were jumping right next to the boat. It was amazing. I saw more dolphins in this hour trip than i saw in my entire three years of living in Hawaii. I would go back and do it again!! (oh and we managed to miss getting soaked by the storm by five minutes. Whew!)

Visited July 2011