“If you want a great fishing trip.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jubilee Fishing
Portland, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“If you want a great fishing trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We enjoyed ourselves so much we went out fishing 6 times while there on vacation. Both Capt Charlie and Capt Kenny put us on fish every time we went out. With the help from the deck hands, Alex, Leo, Brandon, Phil, and Dave, we had a excellent time. These guys work hard to be sure we had the best experience possible. We are looking forward to seeing them again next year.
Thanks for all the fun men, Joey Simmonds

Fairview, Tennessee, United States
“Best Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We went on the six hour trip. There was six of us four fished we have the other two were riders. We had the best time we have ever had in PCB! The lady in the office was super nice joking and kidding around gave us some hints before our trip. Captain Kenny was AWESOME he found the best spots to fish I bet we caught 30-35 fish not counting what we could not keep.The deck hand Leo was totally fabulous we found him most helpful in knowledge of the fish what they were and repairing the lines the couple of times we needed him. We absolutely loved it in fact we may go back before the week is out! The prices are really great too for all you get a great time, great fun the boat is great too, the entire crew was totally awesome!! We will go back the next time if we don't this week. You can't go wrong here!!

Miami, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Got Fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Went on seven hour trip on 14 September. Totally different experience than other head boats I have been on, in a good way. Ship was clean and modern. The cabin was air conditioned and had an electrical outlet so I could charge my phone to take multiple pictures of the fish I caught (really). The crew took time to have a small class on how to deep sea fish. When I was fishing the crew continued to coach in a discrete way. When I ignored some of their suggestions, they did not push.

Captain Charlie put us over fish and the crew provided updates to him on the bite. When things slowed down, he moved on. This kept the action up throughout the trip. Our group of 25 caught over 300 pounds of legal fish. One person caught a five foot shark on one of the loaner reels. According to the Captain the shark could not be landed because of permit issues and liability. The group did get good video of the fish vs man fight.

After-wards the crew placed the fish on a frame for a group picture. Special thanks to Captain Charlie and First Mate Brandon.

1 Thank AirborneShodan60
Smyrna, GA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great Time on the Jubilee II!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is my second review of the Jubilee Fishing charter. You can read my original review from August 29, 2011 on this site titled "Great Time on the Jubilee".

Prior to my original trip with the Jubilee in August 2011 I was uncertain as to the quality of the experience due to the limited reviews (I believe there was only a single review that preceeded my original review on TA). For this most recent trip, I had the expectation that it would be as good as the original, and I couldn't have been more pleased with the result.

The scene: Guys trip weekend to Panama City Beach. Our reservation was Friday, August 24th for a 5 hour trip starting at 9 AM. I made my reservation by phone with Donna which was a simple process. She even asked if we had a preferred position on the boat, which was helpful since I liked the position from last year.

We arrived at the marina at 8:30 for a 9:00 start. Parking is plentiful and there are restrooms available for use prior to boarding the boat. Paying for reservations was quick and simple. You are given a ticket with you boat position number on it so there are no mad dashes for certain spots. If you like to be more in the sun, the back and front of the boat is your place. If you prefer the shade, you could position yourself along the rail. There are always plenty of places to get in out of the sun, and an air-conditioned cabin if you really want to cool off.

The weather was sunny and mild and the water was light (1' - 2'). The boat had approximately 34 persons onboard - not sure how many it will actually hold. They still positioned everyone together as close as possible in order for the deckhands to be able to respond to customer needs, etc. I thought it seemed strange they wouldn't give everyone a little more room, but it worked out okay with only an occasional tangled line.

Travel out to the fishing area was pleasant. The captain narrated during the trip out and explained some of the views we were seeing as we went through the bay. There were a couple of briefings (1 for safety and 1 for tips on how to use the equipment). I especially thought the fishing discussion was helpful.

The captain moved the boat 3 times during our time at the fishing areas. When it seemed that one spot was slowing down, we would move to a different area. This gave everyone time for a head break or to cool down and get a drink.

It seemed as though everyone was pretty successful in catching fish. We caught triggerfish and red snapper (both out of season so it was catch and release), lane snapper, white snapper, vermillion snapper, catfish (there may have been other types too that I am not aware of). The deckhands did a great job of making sure everyone that needed assistance was attended to. The boat crew really do make this fishing experience 5 stars for me.

I was fortunate enough to catch a 40” amberjack at the last stop. The deckhands worked with me to help bring it in and coach me during the process. I would consider our second visit to the Jubilee a complete success.

Now for the interesting part of the trip. When I was speaking with Donna at the reservations desk, I asked her what she thought of the recent reviews on TA. It turns out she was not familiar with TA reviews which I found puzzling given they are an attraction on the site. When we got back I spoke with her again and she had read some of the reviews. I explained to her that the owner can also respond to the reviews (not certain how to set that up) for both complaints as well as favorable reviews. I hope my review will have the first “Owner’s Response” from Jubilee.

All in all a very successful trip and we cannot wait to go back next year. Thanks for a great day Jubilee!

Visited August 2012
St. Louis
“Great first deep sea fishing experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband and I took our ten year old son on the Jubilee for the 9:00am-2:00pm cruise yesterday and we had a great time. We caught several white snapper and a few smaller fish. The captain took us about an hour and fifteen minutes out to the first fishing spot and we all caught a couple of small fish, then tried three more spots once the fish seemed to stop hitting. One spot we left because there were dolphins stealing the fish off our lines. The staff were incredibly helpful with baiting hooks and stringing the fish that were caught. There were probably 40 anglers on the boat, along with another 20 people along for the ride. The water was fairly rough due to rain in the area but the captain did a great job of keeping us moving ahead of the storms. My son had a great time which was the main reason we were there, so I'd call this trip very successful. If you want to catch bigger fish like amberjack, you may want a longer trip that goes out to deeper water.

Visited August 2012