“Treasure Island was Great; Jubilee was So-So” 3 of 5 bubbles

Jubilee Fishing
Seneca, sc
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Treasure Island was Great; Jubilee was So-So”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

We went to Panama City Beach to fish for red snapper. Jubilee Fishing has two boats that operate out of the Treasure Island Marina. The first day we went out on the Treasure Island Boat. There were 46 anglers on this 6 hour trip and everyone caught a good many fish and practically everyone caught the 2 fish limit of red snapper. My husband and I both caught 2 really nice size red snappers. We caught more than 2 but couldn't keep but 2 each due fo Florida fishing regulations. The crew was helpful and friendly. The Treasure Island Boat does not have food/drink for sale on board so if you take this trip, be sure to take a cooler with you. It was HOT on this July day but we had a very good time. The second day we were only able to book the 5 hour trip on the Jubilee. While the crew was very friendly and helpful, there were just too many anglers on the boat. A total of 79 folks were trying to fish alongside 5-6 deckhands. There were way too many tangles and too many fishing in one spot. Most people caught a few small and there were a few red snapper caught but only a few.

My biggest complaint with the Jubilee and Treasure Island is that you don't get enough fishing time. On the 6 hour trip, we got about 2.5 hours of fishing time and on the 5 hour trip, we got about 2 hours of fishing. The rest of the time is spent riding out to the fishing grounds or moving around with about an hour of the time moving in/out of the harbor at idle speed.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Ktrammell1

Anacoco, Louisiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great boat and Great crew”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

The only reason I give Jubilee Fishing an average rating is because I did not get my money's worth of fishing. I chose the 5 hour trip for the family and I. The boat was great. The crew/deckhands were great and the captain was great! The fishing...well...not so great. The fish just were not on and the constant tangles were frustrating. My high expectations for at least 4 fish per stringer was dashed! However, I did take away an appreciation for the deck hands of these fishing boats. They work their butts off and deserve their pay with tips! If I were to do it again, I would choose Jubilee. However, I would do a longer trip to at least have more opportunity for that huge stringer.

Visited July 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome day of fishing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

My two sons and I went fishing on the Jubilee yesterday. We were originally scheduled to go on an expensive charter boat Monday afternoon. Due to the tropical storm, the trip was cancelled, and the boat was booked the remainder of the week. The Jubilee was Plan B. Captain Charlie and his crew were very attentive and helpful. They were literally running the deck to assist the guests. Not only did we catch and KEEP about 40 nice fish, but I spent about 1/4 of what I would have spent on the chartered boat. I left our catch with the place next door to clean and filet at .60 per pound and $1 per bag for vacuum freezing. Total cost of day day was about $250 for a 4hr fishing trip for 3 and 26 pounds of fileted fish, including two nice- sized Red Snapper.
I HIGHLY recommend The Jubilee.

2 Thank trussel5
Raymore, Missouri
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Lots of fun and fish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

We went on this 'party' boat for deep sea fishing and had a blast. We were on the Jubilee. The captain was great, the crew was helpful and energetic and we caught lots of fish. I am from the midwest, we fish here. However, this was the easiest fishing I had ever done. The crew got our poles ready, they gave great and easy instructions, they provided us with bait. All we had to do was bait our hooks, reel in the fish then say "fish up" and a crew member would come get our fish off the hook. If it was a red snapper, they were in season, they would measure them and let us know if they were keepers. Then they take your fish, put it on a stringer and keep track of it for you until you were done fishing. My family and I went on a 4 hour trip. My 9 year old son and 6 year old daughter were with us and it was a great time. At no time did anything inappropriate happen, no foul language, everything was great. We caught 15 lbs. of fish and had a blast. I will definitely do this again if I come back.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Aly A
Wilburton, Oklahoma
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Deep sea fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

We wanted an adventure. So we decided to go deep sea fishing. The price was right. My daughter, two twenty year old sons and I went on this 5 hour fishing tour. The captain and crew was very informative and took us to some good fishing spots. My son caught a 24" red snapper. and everybody caught something. My daughter almost caught a shark. It was a very exciting adventure. Thankyou to the captain and crew of Jubilee Charters.

Visited June 2012