Review Highlights
Very friendly crew

The crew was very friendly and funny. We thought pricing was good for experience. Something we... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Brittany B
Cincinnati, Ohio
via mobile
Beautiful day with my granddaughter

I booked a 5 hour fishing excursion with my 7 year old granddaughter. We had a super fun and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $32.10
from $50.00
from $65.00
More Info
All reviews treasure island caught fish hour trip captain charlie red snapper deck hand chops untangling lines per pound lady fish bring sunblock six hours snack bar on board out of season small cooler successful trip head boat
Selected filters
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I went on an afternoon fishing excursion with Jubilee on their Treasure Island boat. They allow coolers on the Treasure Island which I thought was good. Their other boat, the Jubillee, has a snack bar and thus they don't allow coolers.
It was easy to make a reservation by calling their local phone number. While the reservation agent didn't seem that knowledgeable, she was courteous. We checked in at their building and encountered a lady that was obviously bothered by the customers. I tried to change one of our group from "fishing" to "riding" and she abruptly informed me that we would still be charged the full price. While I understand that we wanted to change at the last minute, she was not at all interested in customer service.
Once on the boat, the five hour trip included 3 hours of "cruising" and 2 hours of fishing. The mates were friendly and helpful. Leo was our mate and really helped us.
We caught quite a few fish and took them next door to the Treasure Island Fish Market who charged $.60 a pound. Not too bad. We picked up the filets the next day.
Overall, for a bunch of neophytes, we enjoyed the trip and hope to enjoy the fish for lunch tomorrow.

Date of experience: April 2012
4  Thank GolfCookDad
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Slow season is February, but they don't update their web site or their phone message to tell you this. We were disappointed to find out that not only will the weather not cooperate, but even if you get a do-able day, the fishing boats aren't exactly anxious to take fishermen out either. Jubilee had canceled the one 8 am trip they were running because the water was a little choppy at 10 mph winds. The other advertized trips were not running anyway.

Date of experience: February 2012
2  Thank Andele4302
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Long, boring, and painful story short: I booked an 8-hr 'deep sea fishing' trip for my husband's 40th birthday. It cost $130. We got on a crowded boat (no seating room inside and it was a cold start to the morning) and boated for 2 hrs before dropping our hooks in the water. Five minutes here, a few fish (7" snapper), and the guides decide to go elsewhere. 20 minutes more boating. Drop lines in. Lots of hits (again small ladyfish mostly, which we kept for fish bits) but after about 20 minutes of this the captain decides we want bigger fish. Next spot, no fish at all, we wait there 20 minutes bouncing our lines, and then the Captain announces that we have lost an engine and will have to return to shore. Since we will be running at half power we therefore need to leave now. It's almost 4 hrs back in to the dock on 1 engine. Now these things happen, boats occasionally break down. It's disappointing, but we can try again another day. Except we paid for an 8-hr charter and had our lines in the water for 1 hr. To 'make up for that' and 'thank us for our patience', they give us back $5 a person. Seriously? So it cost $120 instead of $130 for a few tiny fish, almost zero fishing and a day wasted on a slow moving broken boat. Totally unacceptable. I'm sure other people have lucked out and had amazing experiences, but to me, that type of business practice is totally unprofessional and I wouldn't risk going back.

Date of experience: October 2011
13  Thank Wildocean
Reviewed October 26, 2011

It's a party boat so I was prepared for a lot of people and the inevitable tangle-ups between lines. I thought the crew did an outstanding job of giving prompt attention, and the captain sure put us on the fish. Between my friend and I, we probably caught close to 80 lbs of fish. Mostly beeliners with a few snapper (out of season so we couldn't keep them) and a couple of grouper. My buddy had a shark on but it broke his line before he could get it in. I was amazed at the different variety of fish being brought in by the other fishermen and fisherwomen.

I knew place next door would clean and fillet your fish for you ($.60/lb I think). What I didn't know is that they would also hold it for you for three days. We gave all the fish away except the grouper because we were camping and didn't have any place to put it. had I known they'd hold it I could have picked it up on my way out of town. The grouper we got cleaned and took it to a restaurant to be cooked.

Date of experience: October 2011
3  Thank Wanderlustone9
Reviewed September 29, 2011

All was explained, best price, crew was very helpful and kind. Everyone caught lots of fish, Capt. put us in just the right spots, boat was clean, Great Experiance.

Date of experience: September 2011