“Terrific property, great value”

Marriott's Legends Edge at Bay Point
Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I do a lot of tripadvisor reviews, and I don't usually give a 5-star rating, but when you can get such a large, nice and comfortable space for a pretty reasonable price, I give credit.
Admittedly, my expectations were fairly low as I was traveling on business and had heard less than flattering things about the panhandle area. We decided to rent a villa as the prices for our small group were the equivalent of staying in downtown Panama City but we preferred to stay near the water. Really happy we made that decision.

The villa was enormous, beautifully appointed, comfortable and quiet. Ours had two full bedrooms, two giant bathrooms, a kitchen with everything you would need for a kitchen, and a common living area as well as a small patio. It's not truly a "villa" in the sense that it's not a standalone structure, but that's what our room was called. The nearby beaches have such white sand I picked up and poured it into my suitcase - I mean, it was really striking, white sand.

This really isn't a business hotel, but probably most people don't use it for that. One word of warning, there is no room service. The check-in lobby is stocked with frozen dinners, drinks, etc., but you are on your own to either use the well-stocked kitchen or head out somewhere off the property.

Room Tip: there is no room service
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I just stayed there for 4 nights. When I first got there I noticed the hallways leading to the room needed some paint, the elevator was slow, it creaked and the floor was buckling, really gave me an uneasy feeling.
The room did seem to look clean and comfortable until after a day I noticed ants all over the kitchen and some in the bedroom. I told the management and they came and sprayed, but the ants were back the next day!

I'm sorry I can't recommend this marriott property !

Room Tip: Don't go! there is a newer vacation club right next door called the reserve, looks nicer and we...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank L P
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Legends Edge at Bay Point, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of Marriott's Legends Edge. While we appreciate your feedback, it is disappointing to hear about your experience. This is not typical of our resort experience and we would appreciate an opportunity to personally respond to your concerns. Please contact our customer care team at 800 860 9384 or via email at customer.care@vacationclub.com so that we can personally respond to you.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Traveling with friends we wanted to stop in the panhandle area on our way home to site see and find some good seafood. We had this hotel booked earlier in the week but cancelled out because of the pending storm predicted. After the storm fizzled we rebooked at a much lower rate. Nice surprise. The room was fine. Two king size bedrooms with separate showers/bathrooms, a full sized kitchen, living area, eating area, and lanai. This is a time share area but we did rent for only one night. The only downside is it is a little hard to find and not close to the activity.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My family and I stayed here in April for spring break four days. We had a two bedroom villa it was very large rooms full kitchen. The villa was so clear! The staff was on point and friendly and helpful. Awesome pool lovely and so peaceful. My kids had a great time on the full basket ball court. And the Beaches here are breath taking! The Hotel is about ten minutes from Panama city..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank pwilson1344
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Wow we had an awesome week up here ! Very clean resort , awesome staff ! Great pools and hot tubs ! Lovely walks in the area , beautiful surroundings and gardens ! The staff did poolside cook outs , fresh n good ! Trivial pursuit was also fun by the pool especially if u were sipping on a frozen Margarita or ice cold beer ! Mmmmmmmm

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have never been to this side of Florida before. The beaches have white made of quartz (and we were told it comes from the Appalachians as a result of friction from the seawater). There is nothing like it, even in comparison to the beaches of the Caribbean. Marriott's Legends Edge is about 10 minutes away from the PC beach area. We flew in via the ECP airport where it seems like only Delta has access to it. Although there are taxicabs lined up, we found Absolute Taxi (run by the lovely Igor) to be pleasant (phone number 805-319-6350) and therefore I highly recommend that you use him. It cost us $60 from the ECP to the Marriott, about 28 miles. We did notice a lot of car rental booths in the airport itself. Some things that I highly recommend for you to do while you are there -- the Dolphin Encounter run by Capt. Anderson's Marina, runs everyday from 5:30-6:45 at $12 per person, I believe from March through Oct. 30. The Marriott organizes the same dolphin trip every Wednesday which also costs more as you are picked up and dropped off from the Marriott. It is only a 5 minute drive to the marina, so take your pick. We saw what I thought were hundreds of dolphins playing. Also visit the Panama Beach City Winery (I made a separate review of it) and if you can, do it on your first day so you can buy a couple of bottles for you to enjoy during your stay. And if you do get bored during your stay, drive to Destin, about an hour, where there seems to be more happening in their beaches plus the premium outlet stores are there, and New Orleans is a 4 1/2 hour drive away. Overall, the Marriott is quiet and relaxing, I do find it catering more to the older crowd. I took away 1 star as I was disappointed to find their one and only restaurant (Blue) is permanently closed. Great Jack Nicklaus golf course for golf lovers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Momfixit88
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This property was absolutely fantastic. My family and I visited in early August for a week to relax and enjoy some fun in the sun. This Marriott property is well worth a visit. The villas are clean, inviting, and very spacious for a family of 4. The property is near the golf course at Bay Point but is also within a 5 minute's drive of the marina where fishing charters and head boats are available. Check-in was a breeze as was check-out. The associates at the property were at our beck and call for anything we needed. The pool and sauna was fantastic. The BBQ grills worked fine. Frankly, if you're interested in a timeshare ownership with Marriott, you could do a lot worse than Legend's Edge.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool are fantastic!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family