“One of the best Thai Restaurants I've been to”

Jazmine Thai Cuisine - Panama City Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Thomas Drive
Description: Sawaddee Ka. Welcome to the only upscale Thai restaurant in the beach area of Panama City. Jazmine Thai Cuisine offers authentic thai cuisine, along with fresh sushi selections and full bar. Dine in casually elegant setting at an affordable price. Your special meals made fresh to order, as hot as you can handle, no MSG. Try local favorites like Paad Thai, Tom Yum, and curry dishes. Lunch specials from 11a.m. to 3p.m.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I must say I was really not expecting such a restaurant in Panama City Beach. I don't mean to be dismissive, but much of PCB seems pointed more at the lower end of the food spectrum so I assumed Jazmine would be too. However, I was in for a big surprise.

Everything about Jazmine (aside, perhaps, from its name) is exceptionally classy. The decor of the restaurant, the quality of the tableware, the treatment by my serve, everything. This is not one of those dime-a-dozen Asian restaurants that survives largely by take-out and doesn't put any effort in -- Jazmine is a restaurant worth sitting down at.

And finally, the food. Even before tasting it I was impressed by their level of knowledge about gluten (wife has Celiac's disease) but tasting their Massaman Curry blew me away. One of my favorite dishes in the world in general, and this was probably the second best one I've ever had. The Panang Curry was excellent too, though the "hot" turned out to be too spicy for me (and I don't consider myself a rube, spice-wise, so take note). And even though we were eating dinner in what seemed like a very upscale setting, the prices were very decent -- 11.95 per curry.

All things considered, I can't recommend Jazmine enough if you like Thai food and a great restaurant setting.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Thai is my favorite food and after reading the reviews, I was prepared to be wowed. I was not.

We ordered off of the lunch menu. We ordered our food medium. It was served mild, or maybe extra mild, there was some flavor but not much. My curry dish had an odd sweet flavor I could not place. I had asked of they would saute my Tofu and they confirmed they would. It was not served that way and I really don't care for the texture of tofu the regular way, but after tasting it I decided to not bother sending it back, even if that was corrected I was not going to love my lunch. Husband stated his Pad Thai was equally bland and blah.

There was one very memorable aspect. Their ginger dressing on the salad was the best I have ever tasted. Out of this world

Reviewed January 6, 2013

There is a real Thai atmosphere with the decorations! Love love love this food!! The pricing is very reasonable too. If you are not sure what to order they are very helpful explaining their menu.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I visit this place once every month or so. i like going there for lunch more than for dinner. Service is faster during lunch and the lunch prices offer more value. The facility is very nice looking and there is a nice ambiance inside the restaurant, especially if you are looking for a quiet romantic dinner. If you are a fan of spicy Thai Food you are going to have to ask them for Thai hot or hot because the medium and mild are bland. I recognize that this is the southern USA and lots of people do not have the tolerance for the really hot food. I made the mistake of ordering medium once and it was bland but when I asked for Thai hot the food was the medium that I am used to. Service for the most part is good. It seems to be slow during the dinner hour at times. Overall I recommend this place for Thai Food, there are not many in the local area. As I previously mentioned, Lunch is better.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

The food and service was great here...I hadn't had this type of food before, but I let my husband order for me, ....delicious