“Chinese Delivery!”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Very good food...but we had to wait awhile to be delivered..well worth it though!

Reviewed December 30, 2011

Great food, clean and nice atmosphere. Language barrier and quirky table service is the only down side. Don't always get exactly what you ordered and they have trouble understanding someone your requests. Great price/value though and all of the dishes are tasty and very well presented. Sushi is the best I've found in PCB

Reviewed November 4, 2011

I visit Panama City Beach once a year and have eaten at Jin Jin 88 multiple times. Very consistent in terms of service, food quality and overall dining experience:
- Easy to fin, easy to park. Parking is easy, as it's in a small strip mall. It's off of a busy highway.
- Overall decor is nice. Large statue at the front door is a bit of a surprise. Dim (not dark) lighting.
- Booths and tables. Comfortable seating. I have only gone in the evenings and only eaten in the restaurant. I have seen folks come and get takeaway too. They deliver also. They also do sushi, which I have never tried here. I go here for sit down Chinese.
- Clean bathrooms.
- Service. Servers are wonderful. Polite, helpful. They watch the tables in case the diners need something, but do not "hover" over you.
- Appetizer. Best fried dumpplings and dipping sauce I have had in years. A hint of spice to the dipping sauce. Seriously good.
- Food. I usually go with a spicy chicken and vegetable dish and have never been disappointed (Kung Bo chicken is my favorite). The dinner portions come with rice (steamed white or fried -- both good) and an egg roll. Food is hot and served promptly.
- Appetizer ($6) + dinner ($8) = $14. Very good value for the money.
- Open later than most places (10pm). Check website to be sure. But if you are hungry late, would be ideal.

I go back to this place time and time again because it does everything perfectly, and consistently well.

My only complaint: the chopsticks. They are metal and with such a smooth surface, it makes eating with them difficult. But that makes me eat slower, which I know is healthier. I suspect that for takeaway maybe they have disposable wooden ones that I could ask to use also. I'll do that next time.

Hope the comments helped.

1  Thank gb10
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Since I could see from the ordering window what was going on in the kitchen, I can tell you this place does not make your order from scratch. Orders are prepared by scooping pre-made and pre-cut vegetables and sauces from bins and then combined. The food tastes old, not fresh. I did not enjoy anything from this place. I see they have a couple locations, the one I went to was located in the Publix shopping center on the West End of the beach. It was YUCK.

3  Thank Tom L
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I'm from the NY/NJ area, where there are tons of fantastic Chinese restaurants. When I moved to this area a few years ago, I couldn't find any good Chinese food places. But, within the past year, Jin Jin opened in Panama City in the same plaza as Michaels. It's run by the same people that own the one on the beach, and this is definitely the best one around. With the exception of one thing that was just ok, I have loved everything else that I've tried in the past few months. I've always complained about the Chinese food in the area, but this is the one place I'll go.