“Fresh oysters a win!”

The Sandbar Seafood House and Deli
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Casual dining that in a local atmosphere featuring booths, tables and large party/community tables also including sports bar and oyster bar feels. Meals are cooked fresh to order with nearly everything house made.
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Hubby had a dozen raw on the half. I had one. Very fresh. Prices ok. Then I had the seafood bisque, soooo good. My entree was kinda disappointing. I got the shrimp and scallops with garlic mashed potatoes and squash. Got 3 small Scallops slightly undercooked, and about 10 shrimp were peel and eat. Potatoes not so good and squash lacked seasoning or flavor. Hubby had the baked 3 cheese Cajun oysters, pretty yummy. I had a virgin piña colada and hubby had the shrimp spring roll appetizer, both great. All in all pretty good. We liked it. Our server was super nice and helpful.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I read the mixed reviews about this restaurant here and elsewhere. We had a large group with us (family vacation). Everything we ordered was acceptable and some items were very good. I was especially impressed with the steamed snow crab legs I ordered. They were cooked just right and all of them were fresh and meaty. Seasoned perfectly, too. I'm not sure if I received a full pound (as ordered) but it was probably close.

The only gripe I have is the cost of some of the items. For instance, I ordered a half-salad to go with my meal. $4.59 for a small bowl of mediocre Caesar salad is outrageous, especially after spending $18+ on the à la carte pound of steamed snow crabs. Around $2.50 would be a more reasonable price, or better yet, they could have just thrown that in for free.

But they did leave us a pitcher of Pepsi on the table for unlimited refills. And the servers were excellent. Very attentive to our needs and came back to check on us frequently. The men's room was also clean and functional. The overall cleanliness was very good, too. Plenty of extra napkins and disposable small plastic forks for digging out crab meat were on the tables.

We got to the restaurant early (before 5pm) so there was no wait to get in. But business was picking up as we were leaving. It is a rather small establishment.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my dining experience. No one in our party was disappointed. We will most likely return here on our next visit to the Panama City Beach area.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Absolutely our favorite! We tried several different items from the menu. From Buffalo shrimp to bacon wrapped shrimp, peel and eat royal red shrimp, scallops and the wife had commander Dave's shrimp (like a spicy Louisiana scampi with fresh herbs and spices) complete with bread for soaking up the scampi sauce it was in. EVEN THE BREAD WAS GOOD! All of the food was fresh melt in your mouth. We got there about 7:00 pm and were told by exiting patrons that it was worth the wait, however we did not wait at all, table available, but we elected to sit outside. Very simple, very good! The also have carry out and fresh seafood to purchase and cook yourself. They were in my top 5 favorite restaurants of all time period! I love fresh food! Waiter was awesome! We said we were thinking about fresh peanut butter pie but were to stuffed, the waiter brought us a "broken" piece on the house. Family of four walked out stuffed to the rim for under $100

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

This place is a little tricky to find, but totally worth it. The food was fantastic!! Great fresh seafood with quite reasonable prices. Our service was impeccable!! We were only in town for a long weekend and went twice!! It is kind of loud and had a bar atmosphere but the quality of the food totally made up for it. If you want a romantic, quiet dinner, go elsewhere. But otherwise, this place is a must.

It's not the cleanest place you will ever see, but certainly not dirty. My very picky father had nothing but praise for this place, which is very hard to do!!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Laid-back, casual, excellent food! And, the prices are better than other places in the area for what you get. I had a quesadilla packed full of crab and another time some tasty shrimp!