“Oyster Bar”

The Sandbar Seafood House and Deli
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Casual dining that in a local atmosphere featuring booths, tables and large party/community tables also including sports bar and oyster bar feels. Meals are cooked fresh to order with nearly everything house made.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Sandpiper Seafood House and Deli has some of the best oysters Ive ever eaten. the other menu items were just as good. The management and staff were so very friendly it really made you feel like they where already your friends and made the expirience worth while. The best part was the price-you cant find oysters that inexpensive any where else.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stopped by for a quick bite and ordered the fried calamari and drinks. What a disappointment.

The calamari bodies were cut into thick rings, lightly breaded and then overcooked until they were rubbery. The breading didn't stick to the flesh and everything was super greasy. Some of the worst fried food we've had and the worst ever in Florida and we've been coming here for 37 years.

We were the only people outside and the service was lacking. Nothing major, but we did not feel welcome like we do at other places in PCB.

Other reviewers were pleased with their food, but we can on speak to the calamari we ordered.

I don't think we'll return to try their other menu items.

I can not recommend this restaurant based on just one menu item.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We discovered the Sandbar through tripadvisor and we ate while in PCB!!
This is a great place to eat seafood,I loved my oysters.
MY fiancè ate fried calamari and were amazing.
The staff is friendly,if you ask for free wi-fi they provide you the password to use the net.
Try the Sandbar you will love it !!

1  Thank norvegiasara
Reviewed January 10, 2013

While staying in Panama City Beach during most of December I discovered the Sandbar.
I found the service fast and friendly, I really enjoyed the shrimp and raw oysters,When ordering a dozen oysters I usually received 14 or 15. I found the food and service very good ,I Will be back if I ever go that way again

Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is the closest restaurant to the Beachcomber Hotel where we stayed. The food was okay but my husband did not care for the creamed seafood soup. The waitress very nicely took it off our bill without us asking. The deli has lots of meats & seafood dishes.