“"George thought you would have enough gas to get back."”
Review of Aquatic Adventures

Shell Island Pontoon Rental
Ranked #15 of 88 Tours in Panama City Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Aquatic Adventures has been serving the Panama City Beaches for decades and has exceptional experience in making your vacation memorable. The Panama City Beaches are known worldwide for the beautiful crystal blue waters and sparkling white sandy beaches. Aquatic Adventures in Panama City Beach is located on the west coast of the State of Florida on the Gulf of Mexico. We have watersports for every level of thrill seeker, including banana boats pulled by jetskis. The banana boats are wonderful for hot days on the beach and a fun ride for the family. The jetski captain can give you a smooth ride if you want to just cruise around or they can speed things up for a more wild ride. It is up to you! Dolphin tours will delight your inner explorer as you come face to face with the ocean’s friendliest dolphins. A guide will teach you to swim with the dolphins and you can even go shelling if you are wanting to get some awesome shells. Parasailing is the next level of thrills, in which the Captains and Crew will make sure that your adventure is safe and exciting. Sail away in one of Aquatic Adventures sailboats off of Panama City Beaches that are available for rental or cruise around the water in a pontoon boat. Both are available for rent or for charter with one of our experienced captains. Wave runners are also available to rent and at reasonable prices. Aquatic Adventures offers a variety of aquatic services and rentals in the Panama City Beach, Florida areas. From the skilled fisherman to the beginner, Aquatic Adventures has the best 18 foot fishing boats available for charter or for rent. Captains are knowledgeable and experienced in boat safety. The Gulf of Mexico and the Florida coast has some of the best fishing waters in the world. The Aquatic Adventures captain’s goal of the fishing charters is to make sure that you return with a “Big Fish” story of your own from the Gulf of Mexico!
athens,tn
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“"George thought you would have enough gas to get back."”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We rented a pontoon boat again this year from Aquatic Adventures.
NEVER AGAIN. The boat they gave us was old and worn. We soon realized, when other pontoons were passing us like we were sitting still, that this year was very different. After going to Shell Island, we rode around in the gulf. On our way back, the boat just stopped. We called the company and they sent a boat to tow us in. God was with us. We drifted right into a dock at BayPoint Marriott! When the tow boat got there, the man checked and said "Well, George thought you had enough gas to get back." We got on the new boat and towed the other to the gas. Drove the new boat back to the dock to be met by George. Did he say "I'm sorry" NO! Nor were we offered a discount off the trip or a coupon for a future trip. What really bothers me was no apology from anyone. We will rent from another company next year .

2 Thank paintmama

Carrollton, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jet Ski Dolphin Tour To Shell Island”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I did the guided jet ski dolphin tour. We had a blast and I would recommend this tour and company to anyone. This was one of the highlights of our stay, while vacationing, in Panama City. We really enjoyed our tour guide Colt. He was very informative on the safety rules, but also allowed you to have a fun time as well. He was caring and attentive to make sure everyone was having a great time. We were able to see several dolphins on this tour. They were beautiful!!! Colt also made sure everyone in our group left with a few sand dollars. Riding the jet ski out to Shell island was a blast. Shell island was beautiful as well. I would recommend this trip 100%. It was a blast.

1 Thank Michelle A
Garland, Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Had fun on the Jet Ski Dolphin Tour”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Wife and I did the Jet Ski Dolphin Tour on afternoon while in PCB. Overall it was a great time. They have a free shuttle service that will pick you up at your hotel and we took advantage of that. There were a couple of hick ups with our pickup but the shuttle driver was very nice. The tour got started a little late but it was no big deal.

Our tour operator was a really nice guy. He was very mindful of making sure that everyone was safe while also still having a good time. There was a wide age range in group from a very little girl of about 6 (riding with her dad) to people in their 50's. Some were experienced with Jet skis and others were not. I think he did a good job of balancing safety and fun.

He did know where to find the dolphins and we did see several. We did not however get off the jet skis and swim with them as the ad had kind of led you to believe. We then went out to shell island which is really neat.

Overall it was a worthwhile experience.

1 Thank A_Shane_C
Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Don't pay in advance”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Beware of paying in advance. I paid cash for 2 jet skis when 4 of us were at the beach for a seminar. We booked for the following day. The weather turned bad and we decided not to go because it was cold and raining. My husband and brother went for the refund because my friend and I were in the seminar. The beach hut person sent them to a shack in Panama City on the beach. The person there said it would have to be sent by mail and took our address. We were still okay with that since we understand bookkeeping. They said it would take about 10 days. 3 weeks later we still did not have a check. I telephoned the number on their receipt and was given a "number" for the manager. I telephone him about 6 times and never got a return call. Finally, I was so angry, I left a message telling him I was a lawyer and he could either refund my money or I would take legal action. I followed up the same day with a letter on my letterhead. I got a call the same day from someone (whose name was not the name the shack agent had given us) saying he would put a check in the mail that day. I got it in about three days. I suspect they have a name they give their agents to give out if it is someone looking for a refund so they know not to return calls. I don't think I would have ever gotten our money back if I had not been an attorney. So please, please don't give them your money.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank Rebel1960
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great fun for all.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The family went on a Dolphin tour and a stop at Shell Island on the way back. The capatain of our boat, I believe his name was Luke was awesome. Said he has only worked there 9 months but he was very proffesional and took care of us. We found some dolphins and the captain stopped and let us watch for a while. Shell island was cool we snorkeled for shells and a couple dolphins even showed up to swim with us.. Great fun worth the money.

1 Thank Tp1989