“Parasailing gone wrong or not???”
Review of Aquatic Adventures

Shell Island Dolphin and Snorkel Excursion
Ranked #15 of 88 Tours in Panama City Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Aquatic Adventures has been serving the Panama City Beaches for decades and has exceptional experience in making your vacation memorable. The Panama City Beaches are known worldwide for the beautiful crystal blue waters and sparkling white sandy beaches. Aquatic Adventures in Panama City Beach is located on the west coast of the State of Florida on the Gulf of Mexico. We have watersports for every level of thrill seeker, including banana boats pulled by jetskis. The banana boats are wonderful for hot days on the beach and a fun ride for the family. The jetski captain can give you a smooth ride if you want to just cruise around or they can speed things up for a more wild ride. It is up to you! Dolphin tours will delight your inner explorer as you come face to face with the ocean’s friendliest dolphins. A guide will teach you to swim with the dolphins and you can even go shelling if you are wanting to get some awesome shells. Parasailing is the next level of thrills, in which the Captains and Crew will make sure that your adventure is safe and exciting. Sail away in one of Aquatic Adventures sailboats off of Panama City Beaches that are available for rental or cruise around the water in a pontoon boat. Both are available for rent or for charter with one of our experienced captains. Wave runners are also available to rent and at reasonable prices. Aquatic Adventures offers a variety of aquatic services and rentals in the Panama City Beach, Florida areas. From the skilled fisherman to the beginner, Aquatic Adventures has the best 18 foot fishing boats available for charter or for rent. Captains are knowledgeable and experienced in boat safety. The Gulf of Mexico and the Florida coast has some of the best fishing waters in the world. The Aquatic Adventures captain’s goal of the fishing charters is to make sure that you return with a “Big Fish” story of your own from the Gulf of Mexico!
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Parasailing gone wrong or not???”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I was taking my son and 2 nephews parasailing while staying in Florida. We went to the hut and the guy talked us into doing the "special" 1200ft 3 dips for $80. He said we would be next up and sent us to a hut a little further down. When we got there she said there were actually 5 ahead of us and it would be at least an hour wait. After waiting well over an hour we got on the banana boat to go to the boat. 2 little girls were going to parasail together so they went with us. First, I had noticed the guy pulling the banana boat going slower for previous customers. When we got on he took off so fast we were bouncing off the waves, which they were all kids and enjoyed it, I on the other hand am older and it hurt my back and I almost fell off at one point but he didn't pay enough attention to slow down. When we got to the boat the driver of the boat said the winds had picked up and we would have to go 3 at a time instead of 2 (which would be 3 trips. I think he was trying to save himself an extra trip). I went with the 2 little girls that I didn't know. Before going up they didn't give any instructions and although I kept asking questions since it was my first time and I was a bit nervous. The guy just said we would be fine and hooked us up. We were tandem so i was above the 2 girls. We got up fine but after the first dip the girl infront of me started screaming that she was slipping. As she was starting to panic I quickly slipped my arms under hers to help hold her up. There is no way to signal for help so we were screaming and waving but of course they could not hear us, so they assumed we were having fun (so I thought). I held her this way for the rest of the trip and by the end of it my arms were hurting so bad and my body was shaking. When we got back to the boat I told the guy she slipped and his response was "yeah well she wouldn't have fallen.. that is what the harness is for". If it is possible for people to slip and not fall then they should have given us that information prior to going up. There were no instructions offered for emergency situations and no way to get their attention. The girl was upset that the incident happened and then upset that she thought she ruined my trip. I just wanted out of there!! I was not going to let her fall while I was up there. Later, while speaking to my nephew he said he had told them he thought we were actually waving to be brought back in the and the guy laughed and said "I bet $10 the girl in the middle slipped and she thinks she is going to fall". These were kids ... even if you think someone was in fear for any reason, whether right or wrong, he should have brought us back in! We also viewed the pictures and the girl in the middle was hanging lower than the girl in the front. The strap that goes between the legs attached to the harness was still about 6inches from her body. The life vest was covering part of her face and she was having trouble breathing. I can't understand how that strap would have made a difference or how her slipping another 6 inches wouldn't have completely obstructed her face by the vest.

Visited August 2012
9 Thank stacy h

Farmersburg, Indiana
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great value”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We booked an all day pontoon through tripshock for $230. It was a great deal. The location was behind the lagoon motel and we went to the wrong one first because because it has their main location on the voucher. I remembered something about the location but couldnt find the info anywhere after booking (my fault not theirs). We didn't have the nicest boat they had but it ran and had a stereo. The staff was friendly and got us rolling right away. This is always our favorite activity in the area to do. Highly recommend them for the price.

1 Thank crashinsatelite
Birmingham, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“AwEsOmE”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I had a AWESOME time! We rented 2 jet skis for $129.00 each. The weather was great the water was the most beautiful water I have ever seen! I though it was going to suck until i realized we were starting out in a "no wake" zone.....SLOW! Once we were clear we got to ride like a jet ski was made to be ridden....FAST! I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who is scared of the water...there are other options. It is about 2 miles from the dock to the gulf. Once we left the bay and were in the gulf we found the dolphin! It is awesome to see wild animals up close! I was worried we might not see to much since they are wild and who knows where they might be but our tour guide was GREAT! She not only found dolphin but one had a BABY or "calf" as she told us they were called. Just riding out into the gulf on a great day would have been enough to make it worth every penny but seeing dolphin, rays, and finding sand dollars made it AWESOME! I wish I could do this everyday!

5 Thank Tommy C
Darlington, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“pontoon rental”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We rented a pontoon from this company. The staff was great and friendly, the boat was very nice. It was our favorite thing that we did during this vacation, will probably do this again. Would definitely use this company again.

2 Thank Paula G
Lecompte
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Pontoon rental”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I reserved a pontoon for a full day on their website, pcbeacHadventures.com. Filled out all the information, received and email with confirmation number. Went to their place the day before the rental and was told they rented it to someone else because I did not reserve with a credit card. The website DID NOT request a credit card. Will not deal with them again.

5 Thank LaOutdoorWoman