Tripadvisor
Panama City Beach
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews bed was comfortable the breakfast area yogurt stayed one night short drive panama city clean hotel the room was nice spring break pets pier pcb
Selected filters
Reviewed January 12, 2020

Stayed one night and found it pretty comfy. Continental breakfast was nothing to write home about, but was pretty decent for a hotel breakfast. The staff was pleasant and helpful and coffee was available in the lobby all night. Its not far from pier park, but on a busy summer day it could take a while to get anywhere, but that applies to every place on the beach. Just that there is not anything really within walking distance that is "touristy" and is quite a distance from the water. The bed was comfortable and passed the "black light" test. I will most likely stay here again, unless I want to be closer to the beach.

Date of stay: December 2019
Mike-LaQuinta, General Manager at La Quinta by Wyndham PCB Pier Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Thank you, D1298IWscottc, for your review. I am really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at La Quinta by Wyndham PCB Pier Park area. I hope you have safe travels, and we look forward to seeing you again. Have a great day!

Reviewed January 10, 2020

We checked in to this hotel and planned on staying one night. The check in was easy and the front desk attendant was friendly. After checking in we noticed the hotel to be pretty dirty and run down looking inside. The elevator was dirty along with the hallways to the room. Once we got to the room, it was even worse. It looked like the room had not been vacuumed well in months. There was dirt and food behind the chair and lamps. Thick dust in the TV stand. The walls, sheets, mattresses and chair had stains on them(I have pictures). We checked out right away and told the front desk agent we could not stay in a room this dirty. He then went up to the room with my husband to see what we were complaining about. He then called his manager and she told him to refund us our money. We checked out and were on our way to our final destination....albeit darn tired, but we made it 10 hours later. DO NOT STAY here until they get this place cleaned up! One week before we stayed in a LaQuinta in Chattanooga, TN and it was clean! Standards should be upheld across the brand! They clearly are not.

Room tip: Rooms are dirty!
Date of stay: December 2019
Mike-LaQuinta, General Manager at La Quinta by Wyndham PCB Pier Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2020

Thank you, mspavlik, for your feedback.
I want to apologize for the state of your room. This is not the experience we try to provide for our guests. No guest should have to leave because their room is not up to simple standards. This is unacceptable and quite frankly it's embarrassing. We are currently re-training our housekeeping team and we will be using this feedback to help improve areas we are lacking in. Again, thank you for providing us with this feedback and I hope this experience does not sway you from considering La Quinta in the future. I hope you have safe travels.

Reviewed January 9, 2020

We have stayed at many LaQuintas across the US.. this one was the dirtiest.. and there was NO hot water.. staff explanation was that the tank must be low... we never did have HOT water for the entire stay.. room was dirty.. mild and hair all over the bathroom... GROSS

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mike-LaQuinta, General Manager at La Quinta by Wyndham PCB Pier Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Thank you, B1540TZmaxm, for your review.
I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel. I am very sorry about the issues with hot water. We did find that a faulty valve was affecting the temperature in the west end of the building. This has since been replaced. I have also met with my housekeeping team regarding the issues you detailed. We have re-training currently going on with all members of our housekeeping team. I have also reached out to you via email to hopefully mend this relationship. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you have a great day.

Reviewed January 8, 2020

Black mold smell was overwhelming I'm still recovering from the smell and a sickness of it did not get to sleep the neighbors are too loud did not get to use Internet only good thing about this place is the breakfast.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mike-LaQuinta, General Manager at La Quinta by Wyndham PCB Pier Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Thank you, Relax05514689281, for your feedback. I want to apologize for the issues you experienced while staying at our property. This is not the standard we set for ourselves. Most importantly, I would like to speak to you about the mold issue you experienced. We just had our annual inspection and everything was good, so I want to make sure this is looked into immediately. If you would be so kind as to contact the hotel so I could get your information, room number, date of stay, etc. I would very much appreciate it. Thank you again for providing us with this feedback and giving us a chance to correct any issues.

Reviewed January 4, 2020

Super friendly staff. Location is about 3 miles from Pier Park (driving). Carpet needs to be replaced and room needs to be cleaned better(remove stained furniture if necessary) There is ample parking. The hours for breakfast are 6 a.m. - 9 a.m. regardless of holidays. This appears to be a franchise hotel not corporate.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mike-LaQuinta, General Manager at La Quinta by Wyndham PCB Pier Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2020

Thank you, aprestia, for your review.
I agree with your assessment on the carpet and furniture. We are actually replacing all the carpet in the hotel and furniture. We started this project last week and are hoping to have it wrapped up by February. We are hoping this will create a new look/ vibe for our hotel.
I want to apologize about the mix-up with our breakfast hours on New Year's day. The normal holiday hours are 7 a.m. - 10 a.m. We mistakenly scheduled our team as though it was a normal Wednesday. That is 100% my fault, and I am sorry for that. I have set up protocols so that this will not happen going forward. I want to thank you again for your feedback and I hope you have a great new year.