“Clean enough to warrant a future booking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach Pier Park

La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach Pier Park
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Clean enough to warrant a future booking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had apprehensions about this hotel as we read reviews after we had booked two rooms. We took our chances with it as all other hotels were booked.
Location: not walkable but close enough to the beach, away from all the crowd and mad motorists.
Hotel: Staff at the reception were friendly enough. After a hassle free check-in we made our way to our rooms 101 and 204. This review is for room 101. Room was spacious and came with a microwave and an empty mini fridge along with the usual TV and such.Thankfully there were no doggie odors either at the corridors or in the room. Neither were there any hairball surprises in the restroom Linen was clean though the extra blanket in the closet was raggedy and had holes in it.
There were dogs on our floor and this room was right by the emergency exit that the dogs used to walk out to do their 'business' but it wasn't a disturbance.
Food:Breakfast was mediocre at best - white and wheat bread,bagels,boiled eggs (cold), premade omelets, sausage patties, waffles that you make with dispensed batter, cereal , oats in a packet, frozen yogurt, orange juice and coffee. There was one lady who took care of all refills and cleaning and she did a fantastic job given the crowd in the tiny room.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cynlex

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Prattville, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

It's hard to find a hotel that will allow you to bring your dog (especially a big dog), and it's even harder to find a beach that we can drive to that will allow dogs. Well, Panama City has both. We chose the La Quinta near Pier Park because it's not far from the dog beach. I see some recent negative reviews, but we stayed in mid-August and had no complaints. They gave us a room on the first floor. Our window looked out to the pool area. They have a little area for your dogs to do their business and even provide baggies to pick up after your pup. The staff at the front desk was always friendly. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and we had no issues. The shower head wasn't my favorite (I'm short and the water seemed to try to beam me in the eyes, and it wasn't adjustable), but it was manageable. I know what wet dog smells like (trust me, we have two at home), but the hotel didn't smell like that to me. The rates were reasonable, the breakfast was fine, and the hotel is just a short drive from an Irish Pub we like, from the Dog Park, from Pier Park and from the dog beach. This La Quinta does appear to be a little older than say the one in Atlanta near the airport (and the rooms are smaller), but it's not a bad stay. I would recommend it to anyone traveling with a dog (because if you aren't traveling with a dog I would totally say stay in a condo on the beach!).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
4 Thank Christie D
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I wasn't expecting much from this hotel - just a clean place to sleep and get ready in the mornings. Unfortunately, it failed to deliver on any of the basics.

The bed was uncomfortable to the point where I slept only a few hours. The pull out sleeper in my "executive suite" was so bad that my kids preferred to sleep on the floor. The air conditioner was loud and only moderately effective. The water pressure in the shower was so meek that it was more of a dribble than a spray. There was a small television (31"?) that had poor reception on every channel.

To top it all off, the staff (at least those that I interacted with) are either incompetent or completely lacking in service skills. At check-in, there was an issue with my reservation. When I showed them the reservation information on the La Quinta website, they proceeded to tell me that the La Quinta website is not their website!

If you're staying in Panama City, I strongly suggest you not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Smartnole
Montgomery, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

First, let me start by saying the hotel smelled like wet dog the second I stepped into the hotel, and I should have turned around right at that moment. Second, I was double charged by the hotel and my bank luckily caught it and removed the extra charge. Third, I reserved a room on the forth floor because I was told no pets go on that floor but sure enough a dog was running down the hall and peed on the carpet. Next, we move to the room the review before me wasn't lieing the dust on the furniture was so thick it was white. It looked like it hasn't been dusted in months and my friend was sneezing the entire trip. I would demanded my money back and left had my friends not been so eager to get to the beach. The bed sheets were old and need to be replaced. They don't change the sheets unless you take them off the bed and demand they change them like us. Our mattress had a big pee stain on it and I wish I would've took pictures to show everyone. The carpet had numerous stains on it and one I stepped in barefoot which was GROSS!!!!!. We did not eat the breakfast of course the hotel was a dump so I was certainly not eating there. I mean I work for Marriott so I wish I would've stayed at our property but I only picked this location because of it location. I am stressing to anyone reading this so not over look this review like I did you will be disappointed and mad.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alishab248
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This place is relatively new but it suffers from a quality management group taking care of it. I thought it was pretty dirty for such a new facility. The elevators were vacuumed only where the big vacuum head would reach leaving a 2" border around the edge that was filthy and had been for a long time. I had fresh oil stains on my sheets together with depressions in the bed which wreaked of someone laying on the bed before I checked in. I did not see any reason to change rooms for a similar problem, so I just vacated the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank onceinawhile31
Centralia, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

After driving 12 hours I was looking for a place just to sleep in PCB. I found this hotel was close to our condo so booked it. Our room was dusty, about an inch thick on the lightbulb, and the A/C unit was noisy. Not very impressed.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The room reeked of mold from the leaky a/c unit. Mold was in the shower. The bedding smelled like body odor when we arrived. Breakfast room was filthy and trashes were overflowing. Told the front desk and nothing was done. Not going back.

Room Tip: avoid rooms 217 and 219.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family