“Good food good service”

Bayou On The Beach Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

We ate the oysters raw & cheese and were very good. Who dat shrimp is the bomb. We have been 3 times in less than a week. Pretty sure we will go again before we leave town.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We had read all the reviews and decided to try Bayou On The Beach on a rainy Wednesday evening and we were NOT disappointed! We were seated by a very friendly hostess and our server, Vivian, was there at our table with a big smile and menus and took our drink order. I decided I wanted to try the sautéed crayfish basket and my wife went with the fried shrimp basket. I added a side of Cajun smoked sausage.

Vivian brought our order to us in nothing flat and we dug in. The crayfish tails were prepared similar to scampi and were scrumptious just as my wife described her fried shrimp. The best she has tried in PCB and very fresh from the Gulf. The Cajun sausage was a huge portion and was tender and smoky good.

On Wed. and Sat. evenings a solo guitarist plays favorites tunes from the late 60's and 70's. He was great! We can't wait to return to get authentic Cajun cuisine. Terrific dining experience and a truly fun atmosphere and we were told the owners are originally from Lafayette, Louisiana. They are closed on Sun. and Mondays.

1  Thank Kenneth W
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We were here for Thunder Beach. I read their reviews and decided to try it. We sat a the bar and were greeted by Ashli. She was great! Just wish our food was better. It was 9:30 pm when we came in. She served our drinks fast and we placed our order. We ordered a Fish basket and a bowl of Jambalaya. My basket was good, but my wife's Jambalaya was real salty and lukewarm. I'm sure if we got here earlier the next time it will be better. We will try them again.

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Great spot to stop and have some awesome oysters (when in season, of course). Other food items are good as well.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We had lunch at Bayou on the Bay as recommended by friends and family. We were certainly not disappointed. We ordered a dozen raw oysters to begin but had who dat! shrimp and ordered another dozen oysters. Would loved to have tried other items on the menu but we were so happy with getting tasty, fresh, cold raw oysters, we decided to satisfy our craving for those. And the price was fantastic!! They also advertised happy hour specials with $1 draft PBR beer - my husband says we will make a special trip back for that. Our wait person, Deborah, was so nice and informative. She even told us how she makes their oyster cocktail sauce - yummy. They also have another sauce they make in house that is served in Crown Royal bottle but we found it a little more spicy and flavored that we liked on our oysters. All in all - a perfect ending to a lovely visit to Panama City - we will be back!!