Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Last year we ate here and I wasn’t sure we’d return, but decided to give it another try. Had a delightful waitress who was very attentive. It was a rainy, cold evening so I had a bowl ( yes a full bowl) of She Crab soup and husband had a bowl of Seafood Gumbo! Both were outstanding. Soups were steaming hot, tasteful and accompanied by warm bread. My soup was the best I’ve had here in PCB! It’s very rich, so next time I may just order the cup and then get a second if I am still hungry! The seafood gumbo, also delicious. The order of hush puppies was huge and way too many for the two of us, but also hot in temperature and spice. Lots of TVs with sports keep you entertained if that is important. We will definitely return!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,670)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It goes without saying that the food at Dee’s Hang Out is terrific. You can find all kinds of reviews from multiple sources telling you that the folks at Dee’s know how to cook, and we agree. We ordered a special of blackened redfish with sides of greens and some beans and rice. We’d come in from a 9 hour drive tired and hungry. We weren’t on top of our game and forgot to mention my allergy to MSG. A few minutes after our order was in I realized what had happened, and we flagged down Amber, our waitress.
Amber could not have handled the situation any better. She listened carefully, went hustling back to the kitchen, found out that the blackening mix they use “might” contain MSG and ordered a new piece of fish for my meal. She returned to the table apologizing for the use of MSG and what would now be a slight delay in our meal. We were amazed! Within a few minutes our meal was on the table. It was delicious. Amber checked back to make sure we liked the chef’s seasoning on our fish.
Dee’s Hang Out has a definite following. You can tell that the waitstaff know many of the folks who eat there. Then there are people like us; people who are passing through or staying for a week. Regardless of which group you fall in to, at Dee’s Hang Out you are treated like you really matter. They want you to enjoy the food and have a good experience while doing so, and they are willing to go above and beyond to make that happen.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It has been a while since eating here so when we decided on a seafood restaurant while visiting....we knew where to go. I enjoyed a platter of fried oysters, flounder, shrimp and hush puppies while others had a shrimp po-boy, steak po-boy and 2 kiddie meals. We were all happy with our meals and service staff.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our first visit. The food and service was good (didn’t knock our socks off). We’ll certainly give it another try.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

So...so! Disappointed in red beans and rice. Not so hot! Portions are nice, however. Don't believe we will be back.

Date of visit: October 2019