“I would not visit again.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Dee's Hang Out

Dee's Hang Out
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“I would not visit again.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

The restaurant smells bad, like really bad. Food was mediocre. The only "decent" thing was their service.

Berryville, Arkansas
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

What a great place! After having a bad experience at a larger restaurant Dee's was fantastic. Great food great staff great atmosphere! Loved it! We will go back!!!

Florence, Kentucky
“Loved this little place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Dee's is basically just a little hole in the wall type diner. Very small and located in a strip mall. That is the only reason I gave it 3 stars for atmosphere. We went there our last night of vacation on a recommendation from a fellow vacationer we met on the beach. He had eaten lunch there and was raving about it, so we thought we'd give it a try. We were not disappointed!
We had a party of 11 (family and friends) so we went early; about 5:00. Only waited maybe 15-20 minutes?? A server came out to where we were waiting and asked if we would like drinks. He was extremely friendly, helpful with menu recommendations, and prompt with our drinks and checking on us.
The restaurant is very small and with that comes a little stuffyness once the place fills with bodies. But that is my ONLY negative comment and it actually did not bother us one bit. (I only included it because I'm sure that will be an issue for some people).
The menu had a great selection/variety, IMO. Everything from chicken tenders, to soups, salads, Po Boys, Steak, fish & steak tacos, and Cajun dishes. Plenty of fried seafood selections as well. Oh! And they also have oysters...baked and raw on the half shell.
We ordered the following appetizers and all were great (keep in mind we were dining with some picky eaters): fried pickles, smoked tuna dip, Hang Bang shrimp (kind of like Bang Bang shrimp from Bone fish), and hush puppies.
Our entree's were: chicken tenders for a couple of the kids (came with fries & maybe 3 large tenders--a lot of food), calamari, popcorn shrimp, Catfish Po-Boy, Jambalaya, New Orleans style BBQ shrimp, Cajun platter and one had the night's special of blackened grouper with a sweet creamed corn sauce and cheese grits/red beans and rice for sides. All were DELISH!!! The "special" was amazing and is what my husband ordered (and he's not a fan of corn!!). I had the Cajun platter because I couldn't make up my mind. It came with two small pieces of fried catfish, cole slaw, a hushpuppie, a cup of gumbo (keep in mind this isn't the more tomato based gumbo, but the kind that has a deeper color and what I would describe as a more coffee taste??), and lastly, the platter had probably the best shrimp etouffee that I've ever eaten (especially outside of NOLA). Those that got the New Orleans BBQ shrimp (one being a teenager) LOVED it! The shrimp were huge! Also, make note it's not the typically BBQ ANNNDD it's peel and eat. It's NOLA style BBQ with a more Worcestershire sauce flavor than tomato....but they said it was excellent.
Lastly, our server was Mike. He did an outstanding job! He was very friendly, very prompt and very knowledgeable of the menu items and the ingredients in the dishes. He informed us that outside of the fries and I think one other item, everything was made in house including condiments. We also had one person get banana pudding to go. Huge portion. She said it was great as well.
I highly recommend giving this place a try. We will definitely return & wish we had heard about it prior to our last day in PCB.

1 Thank travlingirl13
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Just what I was looking for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Local place not a chain and it shows. Service and food can't be beat. Had a group of 12 and they had no problem accommodating us.

Bloomington, Illinois
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Dee's is almost hidden in a strip mall but we were so happy to find. We tried the tuna dip appetizer--delicious. Oysters were fresh. Tried the mahi-mahi which was wonderful. Service was great. We will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2014