“So good we ate here 2 nights in a row!”
Review of Dee's Hang Out

Dee's Hang Out
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Birmingham, Alabama
“So good we ate here 2 nights in a row!”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

First night (Friday) was a two hour wait but we were able to sit at the bar after waiting about 45 min. I had the special which was grouper with asparagus and fresh goat cheese and a garlic cream sauce. All I can say is AMAZING! There wasn't a bit of food left on my plate. My mom had the seared ahi tuna as her meal and it was also delicious! We also shared a side of the red beans and rice which had a great flavor. The second night (Saturday) we went earlier, around 5:30, and there was no wait. I had the shrimp and sausage jambalaya but with noodles instead of rice, had a fantastic flavor but very rich! I had a lot of leftovers but it was just as delicious the next day. My mom had the seared ahi tuna again! Overall service was good and we were very happy with our experience both nights! Will definitely be returning.

Athens, Alabama
“Great experience”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Best she crab soup on the planet! I should know because I order it everywhere I see it on a menu. This is the best. We really enjoyed our food and the servings were large!

“Fed's should be featured on the Triple D show”
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Friday night wait for 2 was 50 minutes, but it was worth it. We both had po'boys, she had the prime rib me the shrimp. I also had a cup of chicken gumbo and a side if red beans and rice. The gumbo was chopped full of chicken and sausage and the flavor was fantastic, served with a side of french bread, which allows you to sop every drop of goodness. The shrimp po'boy was fantastic, crammed full of small tender shrimp, if I have one negative comment, that would be there was a little to much lettuce found stuffed under the shrimp. Her prime rib po'boy had so much thin sliced meat, she had a tough time holding it together. She allowed me a sample of the meat, but that was only if it hit the plate, it was so tender and delicious. She said the au'jus was wonderfully beefy and not salty. I forgot to mention my red beans and rice, sorry to say I love Popeye's red beans and rice, I know a chain, but Dee's fell a little flat after enjoying the fantastic spicy gumbo and knowing I love Popeye's beans and rice for comparison. We wanted to get dessert, but we were to full after eating our po'boys, we had the 6" buns I don't know how anyone could eat a 10" bun, which is also offered. Would we go back, heck yea, especially for some of that gumbo.

Mount Gilead, Ohio
“Perfect local spot - you should try it!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Took the family here on vacation. We love to support the local industry versus something more commercialized. We went around 5PM before the dinner rush as we had a 6month old with us. Food was delicious and prices were just as good.

All dishes were plenty of food and some for lunch the next day. Our party consumed crab cakes, several popcorn shrimp dinners, fish tacos, and chicken tenders. Sides varied from cheesy grits, to red beans and rice and french fries, oh and sweet potato fries too!

My favorite were the hush puppies.

Staff was helpful and not intimidating being that it was out first time there.

Will make it a point to come back as our seafood stop on future vacations to Panama City Beach.

Our meals were 9.99-13.99

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Drewman1234
Lebanon, Tennessee
“Great food, Great prices”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We visited here for the first time. They have extremely reasonable prices and the food was really good. We had the fried pickle appetizer and wow, they give a LOT of food. My husband had the popcorn shrimp and fries. He was very pleased with his meal. He wasn't a big fan of the coleslaw. I got the meal with fried shrimp, oysters, and instead of fish, extra shrimp. The price of this meal was great for the quantity and quality of the food. We will come back again every year. They had a small problem with their credit card machine when we visited so we had to go down the road and take cash out, they made sure they took a decent amount off our bill for the trouble. If you want great seafood at a reasonable price, I highly recommend Dee's.

• Visited May 2014