“Wow, what a meal!”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This little whole in the wall definitely lives up to the hype found in these reviews. After a short wait, we were seated in one of the 15 or so tables available for seating. We observed that there were a lot of people working considering the small amount of tables. This place was completely full at 6:30 pm on this cold Saturday night in January.

Our server was on top of things. The entire place seemed to run smooth, like a well oiled machine. My husband and I kept commenting to each other that they were all humping and jumping.

As for the food, my husband chose the grilled fish tacos. He traded his bag of chips for a $1 up charge and collard greens. He states "they were freaking awesome. It was good stuff." The tacos were huge! I chose the creole platter. For $13.95, I received shrimp creole, red beans and rice, 5 decent sized pieces of fried catfish filet, and I also chose a $1 up charge to trade the slaw for collard greens. There was also French bread on the plate. It was a ton of food. All of it was so good. The greens were spectacular. There was no bitterness at all. They know how to cook true southern greens. Since we ordered greens, we also both received a hush puppy. I will just say OMG, this was delicious!

We plan to return prior to leaving the beach to enjoy more hush puppies and try out the oysters. I definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Excellent. We started with a dozen oysters on the half shell. Best I've eaten. Main courses were blackened fish tacos with a side if sweet potato fries and a shrimp Po Boy.
Food and service was excellent.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Looking for Cajun food in the Florida Panhandle? Panama City Beach's Dee's Hang Out is the place to go. I know of three restaurants on the beach featuring Cajun food, but the best, in my opinion, is Dee's, just down the road from Walmart. We're always searching for Shrimp Creole, since it's a little healthier than the more popular Shrimp Etouffee. Dee's doesn't always have it as a special, but when they do it is Très délicieux. Two portion sizes work out well for us; the bowl for the husband, and the short for me. Working up to Mardi Gras season they have great specials, like Grilled Grouper with Creole Cream Corn Crab Sauce. Or try Cajun grilled Mahi Mahi with Etouffee sauce. I always walk away full and happy.

1  Thank Peg C
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I had the shrimp PO Boy. Best I've had in a long while. Perfect bread, cold beer and excellent service. Who could ask for more

1  Thank Eherby
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Large portions, reasonable priced, good food, very friendly staff, will go back when on vacation again

1  Thank James B