“Great food and oysters”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is my second review of Dee's Hang Out. I had another excellent experience
there with a large group of friends. They are so accommodating, we enjoyed oysters
and wine at the bar while they readied a table for us. It was spring break and very busy
but everything was delicious as usual. I love the lunch special and of course Momma's
Carrot Cake is the bomb.

Great Job Dee and he does catering too so don't forget the tuna dip platter for beach.

Date of visit: March 2013
2  Thank bellacraftella2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,564)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were staying not to far from this location and hit up a few seafood restaurants in the area. This was, by far, our favourite with tasty chowders and soups, fish and of course the raw oysters .....they were outstanding and very fresh. There is an extensive menu with many daily specials and all items were reasonably priced. Happy hour was even more of a bonus.
We'll be back next February for sure.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

In town on Spring Break. After reading all the positive reviews decided to give this place a try. Was not disappointed. I consider myself to be something of a gumbo connoisseur. Dee' s gumbo ranks in the top 3 restaurant gumbos I have ever eaten. Didn't skimp on the shrimp, crabmeat, and oysters. Excellent dark roux. Will definitely be back to try something else on menu. Authentic Cajun food.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stopped at Dee's the night before we left Panama City Beach. I wish we would have stopped earlier because of their huge portions. I ordered a small bowl of Jamalaya and it was huge! I had the chicken and sausage and could only eat about a third of it. It was delicious though and will go there again next time we are in PCB.

Date of visit: February 2013
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This place is Family owned and operated with tile floors and dinette style furniture. It's loud from crowd noise and hustle, bustle. Food is mostly fresh, not frozen, and delicious for casual fare. Two had skirt steak tacos or fish tacos, all fresh, all great. Another had fresh oysters, just great. I had fried seafood combo; all fresh and handbattered. Service is fast. It is a casual T-shirt and ballcap kind of place. If it weren't for Spring Break kids we'd gone back, but it is located in the center of west beach. You should try it!

Date of visit: March 2013