“Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dee's Hang Out

Dee's Hang Out
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

A small, quaint family owned restaurant. We first started going to Dees when it was just a locals favorite. We were so happy to find it. The food is amazing. It has great southern comfort food, seafood and Cajun specialties. Upon retuning it seems the tourists have discovered the place too! If we don't have the kids, my husband and I like to sit at the bar for dinner. If you are in town on Tuesday - make sure you get there for lunch - the have old fashioned fried chicken...amazing.

• Visited March 2013

Mathis, Texas
“This is great food!!.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

The she-crab soup, fried green tomatoes, catfish, greens, and jambalaya are the best we have ever had! We try to try different dishes each time we go. My husband loves the banana pudding - home made!

Visited March 2013
Kingston
“yummy southern eats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I had the cajun platter, great combination of yummy souther US fare....the $1.50 happy hour draft was great too!! Would definitely go back.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank wellsk
WEST VIRGINIA
“Recommended by a Local”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I'm sure this is an overlooked place by most travelers and they are they missing a treat. Food was over the top GOOD! Hubbie had blackened catfish w/ creole cream corn crab sauce topped with a fried soft shelled crab...And I had blackened grouper with a cajun remoulade sauce.....Collard greens that were exceptional and a side of red beans and rice.....whew..makes me hungry all over again just thinking of how good it was!!! Check them out and you won't be disappointed.

Visited February 2013
santa rosa beach, fl
“Really good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

In Panama City Beach alone on a business trip. I'm a southern girl who likes good food. I did a search on tripadvisor and Urban Spoon and came across great reviews on both for Dee's. I was not disappointed. The staff was as friendly as could be without being pushy or annoying. They sat me at the bar (since I was a party of one, I guess), which was great because I was able to converse with the different staff members as they were shucking oysters or filling drink orders. I also got to witness the dishes coming out of the kitchen and everything looked delicious. I had a cup of seafood gumbo that was steaming hot and really good, even for this cajun. I ordered the fried seafood platter with black eyed peas and cheese grits on the side. I took half of it to go, which will be lunch for tomorrow and I'm already thinking about what I'll order next time...

• Visited February 2013