“Would stay there again”
Review of Whispering Seas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
Whispering Seas
Reviewed November 5, 2012

First of all, please understand that I don't just give out 5 stars on my reviews. From what I saw from other rooms and places to rent, this place was in a class by itself. First of all, I would like to go over the items I found to be somewhat negative. 1. Internet is very, very, very slow. I was able to get faster internet on my phone. I was unable to watch a movie on netflix if that gives you an idea of how slow it was. But, at least it was free and I was able to check email and update facebook. Secondly, I had a room next to the stairwell and it was hard to sleep at times due to people walking down the stairs. I eventually slept on the couch and found it to be quite comfortable. Another drawback is there is no elevator, but this is only a 3 story building.

Now for the good. The place had about everything you could ask for. You really could almost bring your toiletries, clothes and groceries and you could move in. I found the people who rent this facility to be very friendly and easy to work with. The layout of the rooms were conducive to privacy for those traveling in larger groups. I traveled with another family and the rooms are located on opposite sides of the unit. So, neither one of us woke each other up when we got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. They had modern tvs with a large range of channels to watch. Best of all, they have one of the best sunsets in all of Florida. Although the stretch of beach isn't that far from the pier, it was fairly deserted which I found to be nice.

Overall, I judge a place by whether I would stay there again, and I have no doubt that I would. It was like having two hotel rooms combined into one. There was ample parking and I couldn't find a thing that I would add to make the place better.

Room Tip: If you don't mind stairs, the third floor offers the best view and the most relaxing experience.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Jeff G
wsprnseas, Manager at Whispering Seas, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We had just upgraded the wireless network at Whispering Seas a few weeks prior. We did not realize there were speed issues. Please let us know right away about any issues. We are following today up on the network issues and will have that fixed for your next visit. Thanks again.

There are newer reviews for Whispering Seas

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed in UNIT 203 this weekend. It's only a one bedroom one bath, however it has two double beds in the large bedroom with a nice desk, dresser and night table. Also has a fold out couch in the living room. Has an ample Kitchen and dining area for 4 people. On the private balcony you can overlook the pool and ocean as if they are in your back yard. Whispering seas is not brand new however has been maintained and updated over the years and is still a great place to stay. The management are excellent and genuinely concerned that you have a good experience.

Room Tip: great value for a one bedroom! On second floor but very easy quick access to parking lot. Perfect v...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Craig S
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed in Unit 205A from Sept. 8 through Sept. 15, 2012. The unit was clean and perfectly furnished. I can't think of a single item that was lacking; there was everything from a corkscrew to a washer & dryer. It is beautifully decorated, obviously with much thought put into the selection of the decor.

The location is convenient to every attraction in PCB one might read about on Trip Advisor. On one day, I walked the beach three miles to the west and back and my belief is that the beach fronting the Whispering Seas is the best of the area. We had a very comfortable and relaxing stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank David_A_Ohio
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have stayed at Whispering Seas several times. This was our first time in Unit 205A. The unit was well appointed. The bed was probably the best I have slept in for a long time. The furnishing were very nice and comfortable. All of the appliances were up to date. I will definitely stay there again. Whispering Seas is a hidden gem in Panama City Beach.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Luco57
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed end of july. Once again trip advisor came through. Room was good size and very clean. Rates cannot be beat for this quality of lodging. Don't let the plain exterior fool you, would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Rodeocards
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Beautiful place to renew the spirit, body and mind. I stayed after husband passed in June and let the sound of the surf and the warmth of the sun soothe and heal me. So homey and comfortable. The bed was extremely comfortable. M.Rice

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Martha R
Reviewed July 21, 2012

From the outside of this condo, we were hesitant about the cleanliness, space, and satisfaction. We went into this place sort of blind and didn't know what to expect except for the reviews here on TripAdvisor. We took a risk and were so grateful for booking this place! We had stayed at the other end of PCB the 2 days before (near Pier Park) and didn't enjoy it. We absolutely fell in love with this hotel and the beach. The crowd was minimal and you could always find a place to set up your chairs on the beach no matter what time you decide to go lay out. It was like being at a completely different beach. It also felt safer to walk out at dark because there are lights on the beach area. During the day, the water was cleaner, less waves, less seaweed, and better sand quality. There was a lot of people surf fishing during the early morning and evening times. There is a sand dune about 30 feet out from the shore that you can walk out and enjoy more surf or cast out further to fish.

The room we stayed at was on the very top floor (3rd floor). The only negative part about being on the very top is that you have to climb 2 flights of stairs. The condo has no elevators. But, they were short staircases, and it was no problem. We had good exercise from it.

Every room at this condo has a view of the beach. We took advantage of this every night and sat for hours watching the waves and feeling the nice ocean breeze. We ordered out or cooked to eat in every night because we enjoyed being in the condo and on the balcony so much. The room living room, bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom (the ENTIRE place) was huge and extremely well kept and clean. We had all the basic amenities there that we needed except for detergent for the washer and dryer. We made trips to the Walmart (about 5-7 min drive) down Thomas Dr. daily for supplies and stuff to cook with.

I've stayed in many beachfront hotels and hands down this is the best one! We knew it would be a great stay from the warm welcome by the office staff the first day we arrived to check in. We will return every time we travel to PCB.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple