Message from TripAdvisor:

“just perfect”

Laketown Wharf Resort
Reviewed October 31, 2009

We arrived 9;30 10-23-09 security was great they were expecting us gave us info to get in room. The room was much nicer than pictured it was beautiful, very comfortable . Location is great so close to everything. Walk to beach was no problem. Best thing about our room is the balcony with such a great view of the gulf. The hot tub was big and wonderful . they do have a heated pool though, my grandson was dissapointed with that. Hope to go back soon. We were treated very nice and workers at location were very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed October 10, 2009

I had high expectations after reading the reviews....but it's not what we expected. If you want to be on the beach this is "not" the place. You have to cross a busy street and go thru the parking lot of Pineapple Willy's to get to the beach.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We traveled to Panama City Beach on August 26th for 4 days. Wow! is all I can say. This was our first time at the beach and even in Panama City Beach, Florida. We were directly across the street from Pineapple Willy's and enjoyed easy access to the beach. It was less than a minute's walk! We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo. We had 8 people and it was more than enough room for us and then some. We enjoyed the modern kitchen and breathtaking balcony in the living room area and the master bedroom. Each bedroom had a bathroom which was very convenient. No fighting over the bathroom! Yay!!! We were on the 10th floor which was not too high. There are 21 floors I believe. They have a gameroom also, but we were too busy in the pool to really check it out. I know I saw an air hockey table in there. We enjoyed the breathtaking scenery of the beach while hitting the waves and letting the waves toss us too and fro. We enjoyed the nightly watershow at Laketown Wharf with the different musical themes and the awesome colors displayed in the water. It was like being at a Las Vegas Bellagio show. Wal-Mart was conveniently located just a stone's throw away for those last minute forgotten items. We visited Pineapple Willy's for lunch. Very nice restauraunt. Also we brought back some T-shirts for souvenirs. We also went to SeaBreeze Winery and toured their facility. We taste-tested some Blueberry wine. Delicious! Next time we go, we plan to go to RockIt Lanes and do a little skating! Gulf World Marine Park is nice too. Very good value for the amount of shows they have. We especially loved the high diving act. Those divers are truly skilled. We especially loved Seth! He''s a hoot!!!!! We got a chance to go to Pier Park and eat at Five Guys hamburgers and fries. We were stuffed after we left. Their hamburgers are fantastic. We also visited the Beach congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. They have a lovely Kingdom Hall and we look forward to visiting with them again. The hotel constantly had hotel security driving around which was very reassuring. All of the personnel were very nice and made our hotel stay enjoyable and one we will remember forever. Also they have 5 pools and our kids loved the kiddie pool with the turtle and splash slide. They are adding more shops. They have a gym on the 4th floor. They are adding more businesses such as restaraunts. They have internet on the lobby floor and free wi-fi- in the rooms. All in all, we loved the beach, food, scenery and our hotel was exceptional.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank prettybrownduchess
Reviewed September 18, 2009

we arrived on a wednesday in september i guess it was a slower season but thats the way i liked it . we stayed in room 814 it was way more than i expected . it was a surprise for my wife and daughter and boy there was no disappointment for us at all. very clean . the staff was working on the upkeep of the property everyday. i seen reviews where people were being picky on a broke elevator button whoopdoo do. i will go back one day after all the renovating is complete . a ten in my book . dont be detoured by some of the other comments this place will surprise you.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2009

I along with my soon to be husband and two sons ages 9 & 14 stayed at lake town for our summer vacation and oldest son birthday. I must say we were not disappointed at all. We had a wonderful time, our room was beautiful as was the view. We got a great deal on the internet and the stay was well worth it. The only thing i was disappointed in was the elavators where hot and(which I knew up front) was that none of the the shops(except for the golf shop) or resturants were open for business but there were plenty around the immediate area so we didn't have to go far unless we wanted to.
We loved this place so much we didn't want to leave and actually looked into the price of the long term rentals and I loved this place so much I recommended it to my boss who came the week after I returned and she loved it just as much.
I suggest renting the scooters (the $10 an hour ones) and taking a ride and really getting to see panama city.

1  Thank lenise25
Reviewed August 7, 2009

Just returned on August 1st from Laketown Wharf at Panama City. This was a great place to stay. The rooms were very roomy and quite with a great view of the gulf. The staff was great and parking was very convenient. There were several pools at the resort but the best was on the private lake....it was like we had our own private pool! The nightly fountain show was beautiful. I would recommend this place to anyone and can't wait to stay there again.

Reviewed August 4, 2009

words cant express how satisfied i am with laketown wharf!! First off we arrived early at 9 am and check in at 3pm and they got a room prepared for us fast!!! The rooms are beautiful and the beach view is amazing eventhough u are not directly on the beach!!! We were on the 20th floor !! We had a 2 bed and 2 bath it was spacious and big!! It was my husband and i and 3 kids. I like how they set up the masterbed on one side and the kids rooms on the other. I can go on and on. The kiddie pool is amazing with the slide my kids went everyday we were there. U have restaurants , shopping, clubs, etc. around u. A great place for a vacation and laketown is new!!! A must see