“Vegas size hotel near the beach with the world's worst elevators and a management group and that does not seem to care.”

Laketown Wharf Resort
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I read the other reviews that I would rate as "positive feedback" AND I am envious. My experience did NOT come even close.

The pros: 1) the location is nearish to a lot so you can walk to and from and if you can not be on the beach directly, it's a good compromise; 2) the condos are large.

The cons: 1) I would describe the elevator situation as "criminal"... There is not enough of them or stairs for that matter for 700 condos. Speaking of that, there was a fire alarm at 6:50 am and the stairways were clogged up. If there had been a fire someone would have most likely died. I have no idea why the Fire Marshall has not closed the place down. 2) there is no breeze will you are waiting for the elevators and when you get on the elevator there is no air condition; 3) master bed did not get good airflow; 4) the beds are horrible... Just one step better above sleeping on the floor.

In conclusion, would I stay there again or would I recommend it? In all good conscience, I would not. I think I would sleep in my car or a tent first rather than hand over my money to a business that does not value customer service at the slightest.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank daviddkiwi

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Loved our stay . Was worried about the construction , but it was never an issue. The rooms were so quite we never heard it. We loved all the pool options , awesome kiddie pool for the grandsons. Loved the nightly light show !!! And the alligator saved in the lake saved us a trip to Gatorland :) The staff were awesome as well. The rooms are huge and plenty of space we had the 2bedroom unit. Will defintlyy be returning !!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank tinamk23
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I am headed to PCB for a wedding the week after July 4. Being the procrastinator that I am, I waited until the last minute to book accommodations. Naturally, this happens to be one of the most popular and expensive weeks to go on vacation. I quickly realized that by going through bookit.com/hotels.com I would be charged ridiculous extra fees. I decided to call laketown wharf and hope that thy had a decent and affordable room available. I was so pleased with the customer service that I received! Jeremy Hodges is the person who helped me out. He found me a great room and did everything in his power to get me the best rate. I would highly recommend asking for Jeremy if you need help booking accommodations at laketown wharf. This young man deserves a pat on the back (if not a raise) for his excellent customer service. I too often find myself on the phone with rude and hateful people when dealing with customer service. This was quite the opposite experience. So pleased with the service I received!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for Jeremy hodges
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Creighton A
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I just couldn't believe that Memorial Day weekend and the place was under mass construction. The front desk said that all was to be done by that Friday and it wasn't. It was like they weren't expecting anyone for this long weekend. No parking, elevators a joke, no entertainment for the kids. Just horrible and lack of caring by all including desk and security. They would not allow coolers by the pool but at 12:30 in the afternoon there was nothing available for kids or adults to drink or eat. We will never step foot in this place again and BEWARE to those who do.

Room Tip: Spend a little more and go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Dan B
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We just got back from two miserable nights at this hotel/condominium whatever you would like to call it. My husband and two boys. Unless you are 18-22 STAY AWAY. The carpet is like wool is absolutely has things crawling in it. It is rough gross and disgusting. The only thing that has truth to this place is the view. Th elevators move in slow motion. God for bis there was afire or emergency everyone would in fact perish. There are no parking spots after 10 pm only in the North lot of you are lucky and the elevators in each garage are broken!! Good luck carrying all of your luggage down 5-6 flights of stairs!! The noise if you have families at night is unreal it sounds as if people are jumping from their balconies. If they were running a special to stay here again for free we would NEVER return . We checked out early and drove home as fast as we could. BEWARE!! its amazing the scam they are running. We have traveled all over the world and stay in nice hotels and were very dissatisfied with the level of service and the QUALITY from BOOK it.COM and this condo/hotel whatever this place is staff! Go to the Holiday INN down the street we wish we had or to SEASIDE!! Good luck to all of you.

Room Tip: STAY AWAY Or if you must stay stay on lobby level. But we highly suggest STAY AWAY!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank twin98
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Would I stay here again? Probably so. The room was clean with a nice balcony with an ocean view (over a couple other buildings). The only/biggest negative was the elevator situation. There are not enough elevators to service that many units. And the fact that they closed off one of the two for moving furniture guaranteed at least a 10 minute wait.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank TravelingTraveler08
Reviewed May 14, 2013

What a pleasant surprise! After a lousy rental experience at a different property on my only other trip to Panama City Beach, I was expecting the worst. Panama City Beach -- parts of it, at least -- is the worst of the Florida panhandle, and I expected everyplace to be a dumpy spring-break hovel like the last place.

This place erased my terrible impressions of PCB lodging, and even improved my perception of the town. My one-bedroom rental was clean, nicely decorated, and everything worked. I don't know if the unit I stayed in was a private condo or a resort property, but if all of the rooms are like mine, I highly recommend it.

It looks dreadful as you drive up -- it is the largest monolith among dozens of monolithic buildings. But check-in and check-out were very efficient and no part of the visit -- apart from the high-floor room that felt like a plane ride -- made me feel like I was in a mega-property.

Room Tip: Higher floors -- over about 15 -- will have views over the top of other buildings.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends