“Great attraction you've never heard of”

Gulf World Marine Park
Book In Advance
More Info
$31.18*
and up
Gulf World Marine Park General Admission
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Our daily shows featuring Dolphins, Sea Lions, Reptiles, Tropical Birds and other furry animals will amaze you. Pay one price and see all the shows and explore our indoor and outdoor tropical gardens showcasing penguins, sea turtles, alligators and flamingos. Our stingray petting pool is always a popular activity during your visit. Feed the stingrays at our new Stingray Bay attraction! Parking is free and we are open rain or shine. We offer many ways for you to get up close and personal with our animals. You can make a reservation for any of our interactive programs. Our Swim with a Dolphin program is a great opportunity to enter our million-gallon dolphin habitat and get eye to eye with these fantastic animals. The Trainer for a Day program is an all day program behind the scenes working with our trainers caring for our animals. Our Day Camps are filled with fun activities learning about different animals. Our Sea Lion or Dolphin Meet-N-Greet programs allow you to interact with our animals and trainers during training sessions.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had never heard of Gulf World and was reluctant to go when my 10 year old daughter kept bringing it up. I always worry about the quality of the trainers, upkeep, and care of the animals. What a pleasant surprise. The attraction was well kept and the animals were very well cared for. The attraction is based mostly on shows, so you find yourself bouncing from one arena to the next, but it is worth it. I would recommend reviewing the show schedule and planning your visit accordingly so you don't miss even one. The highlight was the dolphin show. If you have kids, you can even pay for them to be "trainer for a day" or to "swim with dolphins". We did not do this, but if you have kids, I would recommend looking into it.

1  Thank James E
Write a ReviewReviews (2,100)
All reviews
in 47 reviews
"trainers"
in 331 reviews

Reviewed October 20, 2013

During our July 2013 vacation, our family went to Gulf World Marine Park. We had a great time. Even though it is smaller then other Marine park attractions, it is very entertaining. The live shows not only entertain but also interact with the audience. My grand kids age 10 and 12 loved it. We would definitely go back the next time we visit Panama City Beach. Not only is it a fun place to take the family but also very affordable and the staff was great.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We brought our grandson for a return visit. He enjoyed the shows, the alligators and shaking hands with a dolphin. The site is small and in need of some maintenance but a perfect outing for a child.

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say about Gulf World. We went in the middle of the day between all of the shows and I was disgusted at the $89.00 price tag. There was a bunch of animals you could look at but no touching. Me being somewhat a redneck you should be able to touch anything you can reach. Not the case at Gulf World. So we got our schedule out and took advantage of the all day pass.
We went and did a few things and returned for the sea lion show which was wonderful. We then hit the fury friends show which was ok but more for killing time. The off for the dolphin show. Now this show was awesome from start to finish. The trainers all acted as if the loved there jobs. They really put on a good show. My son and I were picked from the audience to help with the show.
After all of my rambling I only have one negative. As much as you spend getting in the pictures and touching the animals should be free. I can see extra for swimming with the dolphins and trainer for a day but not touching and pictures.