“Small, but very nice”

and up
Gulf World Marine Park General Admission
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Our daily shows featuring Dolphins, Sea Lions, Reptiles, Tropical Birds and other furry animals will amaze you. Pay one price and see all the shows and explore our indoor and outdoor tropical gardens showcasing penguins, sea turtles, alligators and flamingos. Our stingray petting pool is always a popular activity during your visit. Feed the stingrays at our new Stingray Bay attraction! Parking is free and we are open rain or shine. We offer many ways for you to get up close and personal with our animals. You can make a reservation for any of our interactive programs. Our Swim with a Dolphin program is a great opportunity to enter our million-gallon dolphin habitat and get eye to eye with these fantastic animals. The Trainer for a Day program is an all day program behind the scenes working with our trainers caring for our animals. Our Day Camps are filled with fun activities learning about different animals. Our Sea Lion or Dolphin Meet-N-Greet programs allow you to interact with our animals and trainers during training sessions.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Our group spent the afternoon at Gulf World one Friday during Spring Break. The age range for our group went from almost one up to mid-50's. The park wasn't crowded at all, despite the crowds out on Front Beach Rd. We used a $3 off coupon, so our entry price was $25 for the adults. They have the shows at the park scheduled so that you basically go from show to show, which keeps the park interesting. The trainers give good info on the animals, and the park is clean and well-run. Our favorites were the dolphin show and the sea lion and rough-toothed dolphin shows. The sea lion is a hoot! It took us about 2.5 hours to see everything except the magic show and the scuba demo. We had a good time, and I'd recommend it for families.

1  Thank RedbirdFL
Write a ReviewReviews (2,100)
All reviews
in 47 reviews
"trainers"
in 331 reviews

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Well the highlight was definitely the dolphins! My husband said "I'm not going to see some stupid dolphins doing tricks" but we managed to drag him along and he loved it! My eldest got a picture with a dolphin and held its fins. It was at extra cost, but it was probably one if the highlights of her life! I know she cherishes the picture! My youngest was 3 at the time and I think started to get a bit bored so I would say kids who are a little older would enjoy it more. Again, a tad pricey, but we did have coupons so that helped. Some parts of it were like a small scale zoo, so just wondering around and seeing wildlife, but was interesting to see. They also had boards up where you could put your face in, and looked like you were with penguins. My youngest looks at the photo every time and says "that's when I used to be a penguin!" Easily pleased! We didn't manage to see the seal show, so it might be something we see if we decide to go again this year. If you've never really seen dolphins before, it was worth it! To someone who is a regular, it's probably not going to be so much fun!

1  Thank amandacaitlyn23
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I spent a wonderful day at Gulf World Marine Park last week. The day was cool and breezy, but the park was totally enjoyable nonetheless. We were very impressed with the number of animals at Gulf World, as well as with the high quality of the shows, the impeccable cleanliness of the facilities, and the delightful friendliness of the staff.

We did all the shows, as well as photos and meet-and-greets with a sea lion and a dolphin. We also did the dolphin encounter. All were simply wonderful experiences! The animals were well trained and patient, and the trainers were all friendly and patient as well. The trainers shared their extensive knowledge of the animals freely and were happy to answer our questions.

The shows were top notch, from the sea lion and rough-toothed dolphin show, to the reptiles, to the magic show, to the bottlenosed dolphin show. How do they build that incredible trust connection that allows human and animal to interact so seamlessly? Just amazing!

Everything was great, but the dolphin encounter was truly the highlight of the day. We received pre-encounter training from a delightful intern before donning our wetsuits and venturing into the large performance pool to meet the trainer and dolphin. We learned about dolphin anatomy and behaviors and had the opportunity to give the dolphin commands for numerous "tricks" from her extensive collection (everything from singing to chattering to rolling over!). We also swam out into the deeper part of the pool to spin and splash with her and we had our own aerial show as she jumped high above our heads. The best part to me was the dorsal pull, where we got to hang onto the dorsal fin on her back and ride along as she circled the pool. The power of her body as she cut through the water and the motion of how she propelled herself are memories I'll always keep.

We would highly recommend Gulf World Marine Park to anyone visiting Panama City Beach. It was such an enjoyable experience and a great value for the price!

2  Thank pittsburghproud
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great seminar on Rough Toothed Dolphins ...very well presented and educational. Learning the background story on each of the rescues made the day for me. They also provided coffee and donuts and gave away 2 prizes. We spent around 5 hrs seeing the shows and viewing the animals. Great place to visit and learn!

1  Thank KARROTSOUP