“Take lots of balls” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hombre Golf Club

Hombre Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: The Wes Burnham-designed golf layout features water on 15 of the 18 original holes, with four sets of tees that challenge every level of player.
Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Take lots of balls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great course, but ate up all of my used balls.
Played 2 times and must have lost 24 balls.

Couldn't have been my fault....

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Doug2411

Canton, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great course with some really challenging holes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I was in Panama City Beach with the family enjoying our Spring Break. My wife told me I had one day to golf. The problem was deciding on which course I was going to play. I went back and forth trying to decide on whether to play Bay Point Nicklaus or Hombre. Ultimately I decided on Hombre because I saw some great reviews and it was closer and more convenient from our condo. Well, I was very happy on the decision to say the least. The elderly woman behind the counter was very sweet, and very helpful. The free range balls on the practice range were a great touch before the round! The first nine holes were on the "Bad", which had some challenging holes, and some beautiful holes as well. The fairways were in great shape, although the greens were pretty bad. But I was warned before I played. Very bare and sandy. The second 9 were on the "Ugly"! Some of the holes on the "Ugly" were the most challenging holes I have ever played. Some narrow fairways, challenging doglegs, and tough approach shots with "target greens". But, well worth the 2 or 3 balls I donated to the surrounding waters and the tree lined fairways! Great value after 2 or 2:30. $44. I will definitely play here again on my next trip to Panama City Beach!

Visited April 2013
Panama City Beach, Florida
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Very nice golf course!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you're visiting Panama City Beach and love to play golf then don't miss this course. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly are all great layouts. You'll enjoy them all!

Visited November 2012
Marianna, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best course in the area....always a treat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hombre is always in great shape. I love to play in the spring when the azaleas are in bloom. I just have to practice hitting off the mat of pine needles that I always seem to find deep in the trees. Oh well it's a small price to pay for a great course.

Visited March 2013
Savoy, IL
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Good test of golf”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Booked Hombre through Golfnow which seems to upset most staff members that I've encountered at courses when using that site. After a cordial check in, everything turned out fine. Free range balls was a nice touch, allow yourself time to take advantage of this. Starter was very cool, and got us cheerfully on our way. Carts had GPS, which would have been nice had it not rained the night before, limiting play to cart-path only. We played the Bad to Ugly which were very interesting, and had several unique, fun holes. Course was pretty wet, causing it to play extremely long (though very playable). All in all a good golfing experience. Would definitely play there again.

Visited February 2013