“Fun times”

Shipwreck Island Waterpark
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Plunge, ride, whirl, dunk, swim - whew! At the end of your day at Shipwreck Island, you'll be exhilarated, exhausted and soaked. Visit our tropical themed water park in Panama City Beach, Florida. Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My son had the best time here. Almost as much fun as me. I would definitely stop by and have a little fun while your in Panama City!

1  Thank BigEFortSmith
There are newer reviews for Shipwreck Island Waterpark

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time taking the family to Shipwreck Island. The facility was very well kept and clean. The water in the pool areas was also pretty and clean too. My kids enjoyed going down all the different slides while I enjoyed relaxing on the lazy river. The chili cheese nachos were delicious for a snack! We had a fun time and I would recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank Havinfunhere
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Although we have been visiting this beach for decades, we just visited Shipwreck for the first time this year. I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the facility and the friendliness of the staff. The parking area could be better marked and kept up though. The lines were relatively short and there were plenty of rides to choose from. There were rides for every age/ability so my children were able to do their favorite rides over and over. They have lockers available to rent but also have little cube/shelves for storage for no charge. We did not eat there although there is food and drink available. We had so much fun!

2  Thank Linda S
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I liked the fact that the wait time for the rides were never over 5 minutes. No spectacular rides. The grounds seemed to be very clean. Very good spot for younger kids (1-9). Have a lot of room and rides to keep them happy.

1  Thank nmgibson
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I go to Panama City Beach every year, and Shipwreck Island is always a must do part of our trip. The place is clean, and the staff members are friendly.

I know rules are rules, and rules are there for a reason, but sometimes your kids are not allowed to use their common sense or something. For instance, on the Free Fall it states that eyewear must be secured with a head strap. Because I wear contact lenses, and because last year I washed a set of them out of my eyes, I purchased from your gift shop a set of goggles that strap securely to my head. The water coming down your bigger faster slide pelts you in the eyeballs so the goggles made sense to me. They protect my eyes, make the ride more enjoyable, and they are secure.

I also stepped on a chunk of glass that I had to dig out of my foot. Because of this I purchased (from your gift shop) a pair of those nifty swimming shoes. The ones that take an act of congress to remove. Once again very safe and secure, and made my visit more enjoyable. I think I used common sense when I made these purchases. Maybe you could teach your life guards to do the same.

I rode the Free Fall 5 times without a hitch. On the 6th trip there was a brand new staff member there. He made me remove my goggles and my swim shoes. Even after I pointed out that the sign says I can wear secured eyewear he still insisted I remove them. Well guess what. Lost one of my contact lenses! YAY!

My point is this; Why can't your life guards be encouraged to use common sense, and why can you not allow some of your paying customers to use common sense as well. I know you cannot have everyone running wild down the slides with flip-flops and sunglasses flying off the rides and getting into your water pumping systems, but come on.... Goggles and swimming shoes? Also why are these things fine with some of the staff yet the next one makes you take everything off? Are you not clear with them when you discuss what is and what is not acceptable? Is there no consistency?
Also, if you're not going to allow your customers to wear the goggles and swimming shoes they purchased, you might want to think of the hypocrisy in selling these items to them in the first place.

3  Thank MisterEzell