Our grown children have been staying at the Chateau and recommended it to us as an less expensive but clean and friendly place to stay in PCB. We took our teenage children who live with their mother in Minneapolis to the beach for the 1st time, they had never been to a beach and not having an unlimited budget we decided to try the Chateau. Although the motel is 50 years old we were pleasantly suprised!! Due to my husband and my respiratory issues we did not make reservations as we wanted to go into the room 1st to see if we were going to be affected. The 1st room we went into had had some heavy smokers previously, although the motel rooms are non smoking the management cannot control what people do in 150 rooms. The desk clerk was very happy to let us enter other rooms so we could see if our breathing was going to be affected. We were given the key to room 429 which has tile instead of carpet, the room was especially clean and fresh smelling, and no hint of having a smoker in it. The kitchenette was very clean and had all the things we needed to have a meal in the room. The room was perfect, an awesome view and the staff could not have been more friendly, kind, and helpful. The grounds were clean, the beach beautiful, plenty of lounge chairs for all, nice pool, and a movie night by the pool on Saturday night. Every time we needed more towels, a trip to the office and that need was taken care of no questions asked. I have read other reviews about the Chateau and saw the complaints about the multiple floors and no elevator. Even with severe breathing difficulties the way in which the motel is built does not mean climbing 4 flights of stairs tho we were on the 4th floor, the parking level is the 3rd floor level which meant one flight of stairs up. The pool level is on the 2nd floor and the cabanas ont the beach level. The stairs were not an issue for us, and the staff is very happy to help carry your luggage to your room if necessary. The beach and pool cams allowed the kid's mother to go to the motel website and see the kids having blast on the beach and pool. We appreciated our stay at the Chateau and loved the "old PCB" feeling of the mom and pop home away from home. We look forward to our next stay ... hmmm wish it were tomorrow!!! If I had any comment I would have liked to have a broom in the area where the ironing board is, it would be nice to sweep the sand from the tile floors. So pleased, Thank you Chateau!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Panama City Beachfront motel sits on a 500 foot stretch of sparkling, emerald green Gulf shoreline. Relax beside our lagoon-style, gulf side pool. Take a leisurely stroll at sunset. Grab lunch or a daiquiri at Treble Hooks, our pool-side Bar & Grill. Whatever you desire, the Chateau Motel is conveniently located close to the best Panama City Beach attractions and offers guests 150 ocean-view rooms with 5 floor plans to choose from. Located in the heart of the Miracle Strip, there is no better place to stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Chateau Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Motel Panama City Beach
- Chateau Hotel Panama City Beach