“Look no further!”
Very good
beautiful elizasplace
10 x 20 pool
Breakfast Nook
new cindy crawford microfibre sofa with lounge, cozy livingroom
master bedroom with rocking chair,  king bed,
third bedroom with double bed and television
second bedroom with queen bed
second bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Look no further!”
Reviewed March 19, 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

I want to start this review by saying that the owner, Elizabeth, really cares about your experience in her home. I rented Eliza's place with a group of friends this past Spring Break, and I must say that each and every one of us was blown away the moment we walked into the house. The home was immaculate and decorated nicely with a beachy theme. Elizabeth made sure the home was well stocked with spices, charcoal for the grill, towels, etc. We literally had everything we needed. There's even a solar heated pool in the back for God's sake! The pool lady came around one time and told us that every other backyard pool this time of year was at 70 degrees, and Elizabeth's was at nearly 80! We were actually able to swim in the pool, which was great when we wanted to just chill at home and relax. The location was amazing! Literally across the street from the beach and walking distance to Hammerhead Fred's, Club La Vela, and Spinnakers. You would think that during spring break it would be rowdy anywhere in PCB, but Elizabeth's neighborhood was surprisingly quiet even at this time of year. I can't say enough good things about this place, and if I ever go back to PCB I know where I'll be staying! Just know this: if Eliza's Place is available, you should honestly hurry and book it before it's taken. It really is the perfect vacation home. Trust me, you will NOT regret renting from Elizabeth!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and solar heated pool!
Liked least: No dislikes!
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 18-24
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Reviewed March 17, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Mar 18, 2015
thanks matt, you and your friends are welcome back in the future, bring your families and tell your friends, I am also pet friendly and do not have a weight restriction.
jillcarte...
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Worst we have ever rented, be forwarned, dont get taken in.”
Reviewed February 22, 2015 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

Dirty, owner difficult, no deposit back, left it spotless, A/C she controlled from her computer. Too hot in house, bathrooms dirty. Owner wanted us to act as go between with her maid, called us all the time even the minute we arrived hot tired and just walked in the door, she said she saw it on her computer. We cleaned and cleaned the place, covered all the furniture, did not even use her sheets or towels. shocked we did not get the deposit back. We even offered to cut the grass for her, then saw it was one of those push mowers with rotating blades. My husband is a disabled Vet in a wheelchair, he could not have a shower. very misleading about the beach access, difficult to get across busy highway and up two streets, we had to deposit cash in her bank account, plus we changed the dates for her so she could put someone else in on those dates, then she asked us to do it again and we had already put in the holiday dates at work. we said No.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Leaving!!
Liked least: Beach access was to far across a highway, filth, owner calling all the time.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Mar 5, 2015
My response to Ms. Carter and guests who stayed at my home beginning of October 2014, why did it take so long to send this review?
The guests were allowed to bring 3 large dogs and a sick cat. Most homeowners do not allow cats and large dogs. They were not charged a pet fee $250. Cleaning fee was discounted $100. Ms. Carter agreed that she was going to do most of the cleaning upon departure. The 8 day rental price was discounted over $300. The house was professionally cleaned before they arrived $160. They did not have to bring sheets and towels. When first discussed renting my home I ask her if she could be flexible on her dates. She agreed. She also told me that they loved the house, the king bed, pool etc.
The guests were made aware of distance to the beach. The outside shower with hot/cold water for handicapped person. Garage was not part of the rental home. Wireless thermostats and door locks. Outside temperature in October is 65 degrees. I always call my guests to go over garbage pickup, wifi codes, etc. I did not harrass these people.
Upon arrival, Ms. Carter was very tired and asked if they could access my garage. They wanted to unload a U-haul trailer. I told Ms. Carter NO as my garage has my personal items. Somehow they got into the garage and used it all week. They stated that the door had been left unlocked. It would not have mattered, they knew that they were not allowed in that part of the home. I have no idea why they asked my permission to use the garage if the door was unlocked in the first place. My housekeeper of 2 years states that the door had been locked. I have made no major concerns in regards to her honesty or cleaning.
A few days after their depasrture, I called Ms. Carter. I was very upset and she admitted that they had gone into the garage. I was trying to be nice as I could have just kept the deposit. I told Ms. Carter that they they would have to wait until I got down end of October. To inpsect my garage for items missing or damages. Ms. Carter was very angry and was not sorry and when I got back into town sent a threatening letter. Once I arrived I found items missing in my garage and small dents in my garage door that could have been caused by a trailer bumper. That damage had not been there when I had left in the spring.
In my 8 years of renting this home I have had many happy guests who do return, especially the furry ones. Unfortunately, these incidents do happen as part of dealing with the public. I hope that this addresses any concerns for any new guests to my property. Most of my guests enjoy my home away from home experience and RESPECT my home.
Rideabike...
“I would stay there again!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

The house was two blocks from beach across Thomas Dr. But on that section traffic was not a factor. Bring a small wagon to tote your beach stuff and cooler. Enjoy the walk to the beach. The house was perfect layout. Had a blast after hours in the perfect sized pool. Only problem was the issue of the grass not being cut, but owner resolved it asap. Gonna do it again for sure.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Sep 1, 2014
thank you please come again, elizabeth
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Oct 8, 2013
thanks for the great review looking forward to having you back next year, i have many new additions planned to make the home even more desirable, elizabeth
Reviewed July 23, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Jul 29, 2013
thanks for the review, please come again, call early as we are getting booked faster and i have lot of repeat guests that keep coming back, elizabeth
Iowa
Reviewed April 24, 2013 for a stay in April 2013
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing