“Fun concept, food OK at best”

Hofbrau Beer Garden
Cuisines: German
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Skip the potato pancake appetizer. Yes, we came at an off-time, but it seemed like it was made a while back and heated up on the grill. Even had grill marks and felt like rubber.

The turkey sandwich on Pretzel bread was pretty good, but the pork schnitzel, although an enormous portion (as advertized) for about $16 on a mound of french fries disappointed. It was very dry and the breading had no real flavor.

They have about 8 long picnic tables, as if there was a german show, but when I was there there was no entertainment.

Maybe good beer choices if you're a drinker, but I'm not.

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

The beer selection is fantastic if you like German beer. The staff is always friendly and fun to talk with. I make it a point to stop in for a beer or two every year when we go down for vacation. Absolutely my favorite place to visit.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife and I are German, so we are very critical. We have eaten at this chain at various locations in the US, as well as Munich. One pet peeve we see is Gulden's mustard on the tables. But getting past this, my recent visit to the establishment in Panama City Beach was not very good. While the wurst I ordered was excellent, my wife's port roast was not. She received two pieces of pork, one of which was only cooked half way. I mean how hard is it to cook pork. It was brought to the attention of the manager, and she assured us she would let the cook know. Really? I wouldnever eat at this establishment again.

1  Thank socceroj
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This place is amazing! Over the years I've spent many nights in their beer garden. Their shnitzel is delicious and you can't go wrong with a liter of dunkel.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I have had better German food, but that was in Germany. Let's just say I'm not sure you'll get better within walking distance of a beach. Good atmosphere, service, and portion sizes.