“Wonderful stay at the Inn”

Carillon Beach Resort Inn
Georgia
“Wonderful stay at the Inn”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I do not understand how or why anyone could give this place a bad review. We just got back today after a 6 night stay at the Inn. From the beginning everyone on the staff was so friendly. Nikki at the front desk was such a sweet pleasant and friendly person. Yes the beach is a golf cart ride away but we were taken there within minutes of requesting a ride and picked up with minimal wait after calling the desk when we were ready to leave the beach. The beach was nice and quite. There are 4 pools to choose from but the one right by the Inn is by far the largest and best. The pool by the beach has a great view and wonderful breeze but the water was heated which is not what I wanted on a warm day. The room was very clean and I am a picky person about cleanliness and was very pleased with the room. We did have to change out our linens at the front desk but that was no problem. We did not have to use any of the beach towels we took with us as they provided a clean one whenever we took the used one back even if it was several during a day, so I do not understand what the person was talking about in the earlier post about having to use the same beach towel for a week, nonsense... If you hate dogs probably best you stay somewhere else as this place is very dog friendly. My sister and I both took our dogs and they had a wonderful vacation there with us. The stores in the little village there are also dog friendly. On Monday nights the have a concert on the " green" there and we enjoyed that very much. The restaurant there called the Castaways has a Philly cheese steak to die for. The Inn also has bicycles you can check out for free, for an hour at a time, which is enough time for a great ride around the beautiful property. The only complaint is that for the price maid services should have been included and not only provide if you were willing to pay extra(which we were not) and there should have been free beach chairs and umbrellas on the beach as part of their services. I hear the rent on those is $30 a day, ridiculous. All in all a wonderful place for a get away especially with your furry friend in tow. I do not know what some people expect these days after reading some of the reviews. No place is completely perfect. Those people who are so picky need to get a life or maybe just stay at home

Room Tip: First and 4th floor are the pet friendly rooms. We stayed on the first floor and it was wonderful to...
2 Thank PTJKJ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We were a little concerned when we read the reviews because we rented from the unofficial rental place. Overall we had a positive experience. Our room was clean. Fine size for our family of 5 for 3 nights. Had to request towel service - would recommend doing so at check in. No extra rolls of toilet paper or trash bags - but publix across the street so no big deal. Beach was great - actually enjoyed the walk - may be a little long for families with toddlers and/or lots of gear. Beach not too crowded. Favorite pool was the one by the inn - nice hot tub and plenty of room. Other pools were nice but a little small and subsequently crowded. Community was quiet. Loved running through the community each morning!! My only complaint is that people didn't always clean up after their pets. Would consider staying there again!

• Stayed July 2013
DES MOINES
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I just want to say we were very disappointed in our stay in july 2013. We went there for a wedding and was disappointed on how dirty the room was. There was food all over the carpet and we did not have any food in our room. The resort it self was covered with dog poop. Even on the side walks. The garbage looked like they would drag the bags on ground and leave smelly stuff all over the sidewalk. I would never stay here if I went back to Panama City Beach.

alabama
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I agree with the following from a previous customer. I thought I rented through the right place until I arrived. I had the very same experience. Awful customer service. Where are they on trip advisor????? Not on it because of their reputation. I am reporting them BBB--false verbal advertisement and misrepresentation.
Ami (previous customer) reported: When I made reservations I was told we could be shuttled to the beach because it is about a 5-7 minute walk and is very difficult when you have chairs, towels, bags and coolers. HOWEVER, when I went to the front desk the lady told me that a shuttle is not offered for anyone who is staying at the Inn, but only for the renters of the Carillon houses. We then proceeded to try and rent a golf cart...she then told me we were not allowed to rent a golf cart because we did not have hook up for the electric carts. After all of this we decided to go to the guard gate with our personal vehicle to simple drive to the beach walkway access to drop our things off and drive back to walk, but the guard would not even let us in. He said that we were not allowed to take a vehicle inside even if we were staying at the INN. We were so disappointed. We had to go to a public beach access down the road because it was the easiest thing since we had so much stuff. It was almost like they treated us "less than" because we were staying at the inn and not the houses.The phones inside of the condo did not work and we didn't have cell phone service through verizon. In the 3 days we were there we got no housekeeping services. We ran out of towels and our trash was so full we even had to stack it in the kitchen floor. We had to pay a cleaning fee but yet got NO services. We were told we had to come get towels and take out the trash ourselves. Why do we have to pay for room service?! The lady at the front desk told us that the cleaning fee was for AFTER we left. Although before checkout we still had to empty the trash and was the dishes. My overall experience was NOT pleasant. I would have rather paid the extra money to stay at a roach motel on the beach. It's a shame that it is such a beautiful resort, but yet the service was horrible. The check in desk at the main entrance was much more helpful and advised us not to rent through the ones around the corner (Carillon Rentals). I would love to stay in one of the houses if they weren't so pricey, but I will never stay at the Inn again.

5 Thank sammiesap
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I was dismayed at the misrepresentation of what the resort offered. They say they have a 24-hour front desk, they don't. An ocean view....no ocean for several hundred miles. Pay extra for a gulf view...yes they will put you on a higher floor so you can see the ocean a quarter of a mile away. Black out blinds in the room...yes, but in the living room, not in the bedroom. A select number bed in every room but its just a standard bed. On top of this, as other reviews have touched upon, the room was dirty and unclean when we checked in. Coffee still in the coffee maker, food on the floor, cooked on food still in the fry pan and soaking wet glasses in the cuppard. I complained to the front desk and they wanted to send housekeeping back up. I declined as we would clean it ourselves. She showed up anyway saying it was her fault and it was, 'her bad'! We also found long black hairs on the bathroom floor and in the shower. Nasty.

The accommodations in the kitchen are nice but the coffee cups are the size of tea cups so bring your own. Cereal bowls are something you would give to your children. Very small. And don't expect the front desk to pick up when you call....but you can leave a message and they will call you back. And that's from our room.

For what this hotel asks to stay here nightly, it was a severe disappointment. Save your money and find a nice Hampton Inn for a fraction of the price.

1 Thank ruggy33
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Bottom line: Do not stay here. The "resort" indulges in extremely deceptive advertising and took a significant amount of our money for something that was billed as a "Deluxe King Suite" but was missing several of the key amenities that were advertised on the website. Furthermore, the room itself was dingy, with someone's hair plastered over the back of the shower, a large black stain on our bedspread, an absolutely filthy balcony (bits of trash and sand which should have been easy to sweep up and remove), and a scuffed, stained wall and dirty carpets. I don't even want to talk about the glassware in the kitchenette.

The website specifically states that the "Deluxe King Suite" comes with a gas fireplace and a jacuzzi on the balcony. We tried to find these items but were unsuccessful.

We arrived on a Friday night to discover that the "resort" closes its front desk at 8 PM (admittedly, we discovered later that Carillon buried this fact in their confirmation email) and only reopens at 8 AM. No one answered the phone; the hotel left key cards for us so that we could gain entry to our room. Not really an auspicious start.

Once we got to the room, we assumed there'd been a mistake and that we were given something less than the "deluxe" suite. So we decided to head down in the morning to correct the problem.

We quickly discovered that Carillon is playing a very unpleasant game. When my wife asked the front desk attendant why we didn't have the fireplace and jacuzzi, she was told that such amenities were for owners only (and even if you rent those rooms, only the owners can use them). When we pointed out that this critical piece of data wasn't stated on their website, the attendant snippily told my wife that she wasn't responsible for the website and that they had to include "owners' information too." So much for truth in advertising.

I walked down to the lobby and listened to this back-and-forth for a minute, and then told the attendant that we'd basically been lied to and that we'd want a full refund...which, as you might imagine, the attendant wasn't interested in providing. At this point, it was clear that I was being taken advantage of and that this is standard business practice at Carillon. And yes, I raised my voice. I don't like being lied to.

We vacated immediately, and headed west down the coast to stay at an absolutely wonderful resort which doesn't attempt to deceive its guests. I intend to file a complaint against Carillon with the BBB when I get back.

I'm sure that Carillon will have an entertaining response to this. Whatever they say, I recommend you look elsewhere on the Gulf Coast for your vacation stay. You can do so much better, and pay less.

• Stayed June 2013
6 Thank Felix_That_Cat
Alexander City, Alabama
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My party arrived on a Friday and checked out Monday. We stayed for the Memorial Day Weekend. The only reason I am giving this place a 2 is because they let us check in early on our first day and also the resort in itself was beautiful. When I made reservations I was told we could be shuttled to the beach because it is about a 5-7 minute walk and is very difficult when you have chairs, towels, bags and coolers. HOWEVER, when I went to the front desk the lady told me that a shuttle is not offered for anyone who is staying at the Inn, but only for the renters of the Carillon houses. We then proceeded to try and rent a golf cart...she then told me we were not allowed to rent a golf cart because we did not have hook up for the electric carts. After all of this we decided to go to the guard gate with our personal vehicle to simple drive to the beach walkway access to drop our things off and drive back to walk, but the guard would not even let us in. He said that we were not allowed to take a vehicle inside even if we were staying at the INN. We were so disappointed. We had to go to a public beach access down the road because it was the easiest thing since we had so much stuff. It was almost like they treated us "less than" because we were staying at the inn and not the houses.The phones inside of the condo did not work and we didn't have cell phone service through verizon. In the 3 days we were there we got no housekeeping services. We ran out of towels and our trash was so full we even had to stack it in the kitchen floor. We had to pay a cleaning fee but yet got NO services. We were told we had to come get towels and take out the trash ourselves. Why do we have to pay for room service?! The lady at the front desk told us that the cleaning fee was for AFTER we left. Although before checkout we still had to empty the trash and was the dishes. My overall experience was NOT pleasant. I would have rather paid the extra money to stay at a roach motel on the beach. It's a shame that it is such a beautiful resort, but yet the service was horrible. The check in desk at the main entrance was much more helpful and advised us not to rent through the ones around the corner (Carillon Rentals). I would love to stay in one of the houses if they weren't so pricey, but I will never stay at the Inn again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Ami J
CarillonFrontDesk, Manager at Carillon Beach Resort Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Hello,

I wanted to take a moment to respond to the review you left on the Carillon Beach Resort Inn Trip advisor page and to clear up some confusion.
This page is set up for the Carillon Beach Resort Inn office. We are located inside the lobby of the Carillon Inn. Guests that book with our office receive the highest form of service.
Unfortunately, Carillon Rentals is an office that is here on property and rents a few units inside the Inn. Their amenities package is far less accommodating than the one we offer here at the Carillon Beach Resort Inn.
Guests booking with us, the lobby inside the Carillon Inn, receive several amenities included with their stay. Free golf cart shuttle to the beaches and pools on property, free bicycle rentals, kayak and paddle boat rentals, free wifi in the lobby, in room phones with free long distance, daily towel exchanges and pool/beach towels are always available in our lobby. We also have onsite housekeeping and maintenance that is here daily to take care of any issues that may arise.
On behalf of the staff at the Carillon Beach Resort Inn we would like to offer our apologizes that the other company was not as welcoming or accommodating.
We do hope that you reconsider visiting the Carillon Beach Resort and book with our office next time. We would love to show you and your family our standard of service is what you were looking for.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panama City Beach
The Pearl
The Pearl
#1 of 1 in Rosemary Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach Pier Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama Ci...
#13 of 48 in Panama City Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Panama City B...
#2 of 48 in Panama City Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,499 reviews
Long Beach Resort
Long Beach Resort
#17 of 83 in Panama City Beach

Been to Carillon Beach Resort Inn? Share your experiences!