All reviews panama city golf cart shuttle living room gated community off season sleeper sofa nice stay pots and pans up to date pools vacation beach ocean balcony condo microwave linens
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Beautiful resort!! My family and I stayed here April 2012. We have never encountered such great customer service and enjoyed our vacation until we visited this resort. It was a first and will not be our last and we highly recommend this resort. We only planned on staying three days but after having such a stress free, bug free, fun-loving time we extended our stay!!! The resort is great for all reason's of your trip, business, family, friends, solo, and couples. Phillip your awesome thanks for everything. Peterson's

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Lynn @ Carillon was most helpful with just about everything from where to board my dog (on the day of my daughter's wedding) to extending my stay. My family and I have stayed here quite often Jan-March of this year and plan to return as we are building a house nearby. Our daughter was married there just last weekend. the venue is amazing! We have come to find Carillon to be our home away from home. The walking/jogging paths are fabulous and many are lit with little twinkling lights...making it a bit magical. Some of the rooms, particularly the pet friendly ones could use new flooring...tile would be nice... But that aside, I have throughly enjoyed the simple life there. Close to shopping, banking and pharmacy and especially the ambiance of Rosemary Beach without the cramped parking. You have GOTTA GO!

Room Tip: if a little road noise bothers you ask for a room with the floor plan that has the bedroom facing the lake
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My family stayed at Carillon Beach Resort Inn during the spring break season. Fortunately, this five-story condo-hotel is removed from the hubbub of the Panama City Beach strip along Front Beach Road, where the rowdy and raucous spring breakers (college students) convened. If you have a rental car and want to trek to that end of the area, it's fine for restaurants and touristy traps. Otherwise, there's not much in that vicinity that appealed to me or my family with young children.

The resort itself . . . "Resort" is probably too generous of a descriptor, too loosely applied here. It's not a true resort, but guests are charged a "resort fee" for using the basic property amenities, such as a four pools and tennis courts. Otherwise, guests can expect that presumed inclusions, like access to the on-site fitness room, are not included in this fee. The scenic grounds are flanked by the beautiful homes that dot the small lanes and streets and lead up to the beach. Both renters of the homes and guests of the Inn can use all of the same standard amenities. Also, for an additional charge, guests can rent bikes to get around the area and explore the grounds.

The room itself is a two-room suite with a kitchen that has a two-burner stovetop, small dishwasher, full-size fridge and microwave oven. The sofa folds out into a sofa bed; the bedroom, unfortunately, does not offer the privacy of a door. And there is one bathroom. There are, however, two televisions - one in each room. All rooms face a lake area, beyond which are the homes and beyond that is the Gulf of Mexico. From our third-floor room, we could see the Gulf in the distance. It was a lovely sight. Overall, the room is well-appointed, but tolerably small for our family of four. We typically stay in two-bedroom condos for beach trips, so this was a new experience for us.

There is no maid service. We had to make repeated trips to the lobby, which is open from 8 am to 8 pm daily, for toilet paper, soap and towels. Likewise, we had to make repeated runs to dump the trash cans. The staff does not supply rooms with an adequate number of trash bags, dish soap, towels, Kleenex or toilet paper. But they are accomodating when you go down to get what you need.

The Inn is conveniently located about a quarter-mile from a Publix and a Winn Dixie grocery store. There are also a few restaurants nearby, but we didn't try them. We ate one meal at the on-site eatery; the food was pretty good and moderately to higher priced.

Would we stay here again? Certainly in the Carillon Beach community, but perhaps not at the Inn. Instead, we might look into renting a house via one of the online vacation rental sites. I also don't think I'd drive into the area again, as there are no major interstates that take you to Panama City Beach, which made me feel like I was in the 1940s before the Interstate system was constructed. In fact, we spent three hours on back roads and small town highways. Flying certainly would be the preferred mode of transportation to Panama City Beach next time.

For those interested in diversity, which is often a consideration for mixed-race or non-white travelers . . . we saw a few African-American families at the Inn; literally just a handful. And no visitors of other racial persuasions. It is very much a "white-bread" place, but we were treated kindly without incident or disrespect.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the third floor or higher.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank M0therTraveler
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Beautiful area, nice pools, gorgeous quiet beach. Our room was well appointed, on the third floor, with a pretty view.
A couple of things keep me from giving it five stars. We rented our room through the resort itself, and thinking it was a hotel, expected daily maid service, replenishment of toilet paper/tissue, clean towels, etc. However, this is NOT the case. They treat it more as a condo rental with no maid service. If you want clean towels, you have to go down to the front desk between 8 and 8 to get them. The room does not get cleaned till you leave. Also, because there is no one there between 8 and 8, if you have a problem, you are stuck. We had some loud spring breakers beside us, who made noise until 4:00 a.m. one night. We had no one to call, and we saw no security the whole time we were there.
I think they need to let people know all of this before they book. I had no idea that this would be the case.
Otherwise it is a very pretty area and our kids loved the pools and beach. We liked it that is wasn't crowded or busy (unlike Rosemary Beach where we visited for a day and the beach was PACKED).

4  Thank CanadaSunlover
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My family and I just came back from visiting the Carillon Beach Resort. When you drive up, you notice the grounds are immaculate and everything looks beautiful. The lobby is quite small and has just the check-in counter and a bar with a small sitting area. There are outdoor tables and chairs that overlook the lake as well.

We were assigned a beautifully appointed suite with a king-size bed. The room has two-flat screen tvs, a kitchen with a full-size fridge, 2-top burner, toaster, microwave, and all the necessities to complete the kitchen. There also was a living room area with a sleeper sofa bed and a patio that overlooked the lake with a table and four chairs. There are two closets, one containing a safe to stash your valuables. The bathroom was set up a bit strange. You had the tub and toilet in one room and then had to go outside the bedroom to get to the sink (basically the hallway).

The problem we encountered is that there were no sheets in our room for the pull-out couch and there was NO ONE to call to obtain them if it was between the hours of 8pm-8am. We also ran out of tissues and toilet paper and had no one to contact as well. They provide a number in small print at the bottom of your welcome note, but no one called back nor responded. We had to try and make do with what we had.

I should also note that the grounds are LOVELY and there are all kinds of nice trails for walking or running and the beach is within a mile's walk. They also do provide transportation to the beach, but we liked the walk better as we gazed at the gorgeous beach homes.

There are also two grocery stores, a pharmacy, and a small shopping center within a 10-minute walk or a 2-minute car ride.

I would recommend this place, but just make sure you check your supplies and have everything you need before 8pm. I can only imagine if we had a major problem like something breaking, what we would have done.

4  Thank Cynderella43