“Enjoyed our stay except for 1 thing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
Cabana Cay by Oaseas Resorts
St. Louis, Mo..
“Enjoyed our stay except for 1 thing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2009

After reading some of the reviews we were quite worried what we got ourselves into.. We were pleasantly surprised with everything. The major problem we had was they did not have Intenet services available. We weren't very happy about that since we needed to check on things at work & at home while we were away. We ended up going to local free WiFi spots but that wasn't always the most convenient situation. Maybe once they are done building all the condos they'll get it hooked up, hopefully. The view was not the best but they are still building more units so not much they can do about that. I wish the place had been on the beach but we knew before getting there we were across the street from the beach. Having a grocery store in the same parking lot was very helpful for those last minute things. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. We had no problems with anyone that worked for the business at all. A few dining tips.. Joey's On The Beach (very close to the condos) was very good if you like cheesy pizzas and they're priced very well. We also enjoyed Beef O'Bradys (they have a kid's menu) and they are a free WiFi Spot..We enjoyed Calypso's but they did not have a kid's menu but they did have free WiFi. Hope this review helps you..

• Stayed July 2009
1 Thank Momofbaseball

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
louisville,alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

My family and I just recently returned from our vacation stay at the Cabana Cay, First let me say that this place EXCEEDED ALL OUR EXPECTATIONS. The rooms were very clean, spacious & quiet.The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool was breathtaking,my son really enjoyed himself. Words can't explain how much I and my family enjoyed our stay. On our next trip to Panama City, Cabana Cay will be the place for us to spend our money on .

South Point, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2009

So with all the bad reviews on here, I felt the need to take the time to explain this place a little better so that everyone can make a better decision. A group of us decided we wanted to go to Panama City...all friends for many years...and thought a condo would be the choice. I am always the one who is in charge of picking the place we stay...so I began my search and came across the Cabana Cay. Many of the places down here do not allow anyone under 25 to book....and although we are very responsible this was one of the few places I knew we wouldn't have to deal with trying to work the age limit out and it looked very nice. After booking, several friends got on here and read reviews about the place and got very worried and began to worry me. I called back down several times assuring everything was as stated on the site and as quoted to me. **Remember not to book with expedia and other sites as there are fees the hotel charges that they dont...this is expedia's fault...not theirs! Go straight to the source...thats why they can offer "better deals"...not true! We stayed in the 2 1/2 bedroom 2 bath room...and it was very nice other than the beds not being all that comfy and the bunk room not having long enough beds for adults...not sure why that is as there is sufficient room in the bunk itself. While there, my sister had an incident with something falling off and causing her injury in the room through no fault of her own. Although the front desk did not want to help me, the corporate office was more than willing to compensate us for the incident by offering us another night at 50% off and being able to stay in the same room. I will say that the main front desk woman, Corby, is very rude and unwilling to help although the rest seem nice. I would absolutely stay here again as it provided us a nice place to stay when we weren't out enjoying Panama City....who comes to sit in their room? The security staff was very nice and helpful....and the Winn Dixie in front made for easy shopping. Don't let everyone else get you down...a good visit can be had here as long as you don't expect the world to be handed to you on a silver platter like some people do. Give it a shot...I don't think you will be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2009

The first clue that this would be a bad place to stay was standing in line to check in for 50 minutes! Then we get to the room and the keys don't work! At this point I am VERY frustrated. We all get back in the car and drive back to the office. They give us another set of keys & tell us a maintenance guy will meet us at the room. Those keys didn't work either. SO, the maintenance guy leaves us there to wait while he finds the right keys...they evidently changed the locks on the door and didn't update their key system. That took them another 10 minutes. We arrived to check in at 3:50 and didn't get into our room until 5:15 pm. The beach is not in walking distance if you want to bring a chair, umbrella, etc. You have to drive to the Winn Dixie parking lot (located in front of the hotel) and then cross the street. There is also another building being constructed across from this hotel....so if you don't get a room with a view of the pool you get a view of construction. I asked for a room with a view of pool...guess what, I didn't get it! Instead I got a view of construction and a "lagoon". The floor of our room was nasty and I ended up mopping it the day after we got there because I couldn't stand the filthy feeling on my feet. The shower curtain rod was so flimsy you couldn't hang a towel on it or it would fall. The towel rack was broken, the outside light was out, and the lamp in living room broke.

About the only great things about this place are the outdoor pool (which is huge & beautiful), 2 hot tubs, and the convenience of the grocery store. The pool closes at 10pm which I thought was a little early.

Next time I travel this far to get to the beach, I will pay a little more and stay at a beachside hotel/condo.

1 Thank christyalouisiana

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2009

If you are looking for the worst excuse for customer service, then this is the experience for you! Not sure of the Oasis' goals and mission statement but it must include, "We will ensure the proper amount of rudeness, uncooperation, and absolutly a high amount of fecal matter barred none!"

When you want to waste your hard earned money during these economical times, please use it here versus staying on a park bench. The Oasis should receive a "bailout" of money to assist their previous patrons with refunds!

1 Thank bear233
Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2009

This resort was advertised on SpringBreakRooms.com, so a few friends and I thought it looked nice enough and had a reasonable price to stay at for our spring break. It ended up being the most frustrating experience dealing with hotel staff and secuirty guards. The rooms were nice, and fairy new, but the bunk beds are not made for taller people. There were extra charges and huge $400 dollar deposit and as well as a cleaning fee that we had to pay for when we arrived and were not prepared to do, which made our total cost for the condo much more than we wanted. They even threatened to charge for damages that were not marked on the room evalutaion when you arrive. They advertise that there is free wireless internet but it is non-existant. Do next expect it to be like a hotel, it is a condo with no cleaning service: the staff explains that is what the washer/dryer is for but hardly stock supplies to clean. There is a limited time for pool hours and you can't hang any towels off of your balcony, otherwise you will be put on probation to being kicked out. If the security guards even hear a mild noise coming from your room you will be warned and put on probation, about half the condos we knew of were on the verge of being kicked out during our stay. It became an aboslute joke. The distance from downtown and from the beach ended up being okay and we liked that it was by the Winn Dixie, but we were not at all happy with our experience while we were at the condo. If they advertise spring breakers to come stay and don't expect loud noise, it is bad thinking on their part and shouldn't be advertisitng it as a spring break destination with all their security regulations. The staff, as well as the security guards were rude and not helpful. We loved being in Panama City Beach and had a great time in the city and on the beach, but for future spring breakers, do not stay here and have the crappy time that we had.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank em0119
Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2009

Let me say first off that I visit Panama City Beach often and have stayed all over the place. I try to give the beach access places a fair shot since the VRBO rates are usually great, especially in the off-season. I have had good and bad experiences with these properties. I've gotta say though, this one is the worst of the four I have tried off-beach. I really didn't recall how far away from the beach it was, mis-estimated, and was unpleasantly surprised. Folks, this place does technically have its own beach walkway, but it really is a long haul, especially with chairs and such as you will most always have in the summer months. You could say it is 1 1/2 block away from the beach but for some reason feels farther...hard to describe. There is no view...period. You are essentially in the Winn-Dixie parking lot and the property has an almost Holiday Inn Express feel about it. The units are actually quite nice and very new, but the location is a killer. On the up-side, there is a very nice pool area and each unit has a private balcony. The unit we had was very well furnished and was very nice and upscale. I believe there are five floors, so there should be no super long elevator waits or nose-bleeds. If the price is VERY right and you don't mind a hike to the beach, this is fine. But, the rates need to be comparable to an off-beach hotel to be worth it . There are three new off-beach condos (Cabana Cay, Origin, and Laketown Wharf). I have stayed in all three and found Origin to be the only potential "do-over" of the three. God bless these condo owners....maybe they can sell out to a hotel chain or something.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family