“Nightmare” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cabana Cay by Oaseas Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
Cabana Cay by Oaseas Resorts
“Nightmare”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Last year's stay was so wonderful we recommended them to family and friends! This year was absolute nightmare, took overcharged $$ out of account even when we called to attention upon check in were told would not be charged, when we found out it was charged were told it would be 3 to 7 days before refund put back into account - haven't received $$ to date, limited kitchenware, moved rooms 3 times! Kitchen sink clogged, disposal broken, dishwasher left dishes dirtier than when they were put in to wash! No broom to sweep up sand or crumbs or dirt. Pool locked because they said storming when only cloudy or misty rain, closed pool hour early on a Friday night to shock pool. Although prices are reasonable, amenities have not been taken care of!

I challenge the CEO and the wonderful Oaeas "Team" to stay here undercover and see what they and their families think! Don't see it happening or doing any good, since complaints listed this year until now have not been taken care of, although their statements say issues have been addressed and are being resolved! I DON'T THINK SO!

My recommendation to family and friends that have made reservations or going are too, cancel or don't stay here!

• Stayed September 2012
5 Thank Grambee52
OaseasResortsGM, Guest Relations Manager at Cabana Cay by Oaseas Resorts, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We truly pride ourselves on attention to detail and our property upkeep, but clearly we were not up to standards during your stay and for that I apologize. If you wish to contact me directly concerning your bill, I will gladly follow up with accounting for you.

Rest assured that your experience, safety, and enjoyment of the facility is top priority to us, which is why we take all precautions in treating our pool and closing it during storms.

I have followed up with my team and have addressed your housekeeping and maintenance concerns. I can assure you that they will be resolved.

I am eager to restore your confidence in our company and regain your goodwill. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Keisha White
Director Customer Care
877-808-4323

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Very nice properties, have in mind that is not on the beach and you will have to cross the street and walk some to get there but got great pool area and its close to the Pier park. Also there are additional fees, ORBITZ advised no fees but when we got there there are $130.00 extra fees, depending on the room it can be more. The rooms are comfortable and very updated. It was a little pricey but worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms are better if close to the pool if you have kids.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mimimua
OaseasResortsGM, Public Relations Manager at Cabana Cay by Oaseas Resorts, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Cabana Cay. Our third party travel agencies should be disclosing to guest that certain fees are not included in their totals. I will follow-up with our team to ensure this is standard operating procedure. We feel we provide good value given our central location and extensive facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Conyers, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I came across this location through looking at another property. I wanted a low budget price for a last minute trip. I saw all of the negative reviews after I booked it BUT DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU SEE WRITTEN! No, it is not directly on the beach but the beach is just across the street. No, it is not a GRAND RESORT , otherwise you should pay for just that someplace else. I did find for the price that this was MORE THAN I EXPECTED!! It was clean, neat and the POOL WAS THE BEST!!! I don't have anything negative to say about the place..............including the front desk...............very nice group of people. And, there were no hidden prices..................everything that I was to pay for was listed on my reservation up front. So, again, I would rate this as a very good place to stay while visiting PCB.

1 Thank marsharu
Thank you for your comments. I was particularly happy to read that you found Cabana Cay to be nice accommodations for a great value. I must agree that the centralized location and pool deck are unbeatable. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!!
Ringgold, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have literally 60+ bed bug bites on me, predominantly on my arms and buttocks. Didn't see the first one until we were home for five days, and luckily, they are only on me. (I gave the kids' bunks a good tossing before I let them sleep there). I'm pretty easy to please - prior to this breakout, I thought it was a good deal, and not too terrible, centrally located (not too close to the hullabaloo, but not too far either). Great place to crash at night between playing all day. The pool is huge and has something to offer every level of swimmer, and the hot tub was nice. I didn't even think to examine my bed closely, and I regret that decision now ... OH how I regret that now! The carpet (white) was pretty dingy, the ONE outlet in the main bathroom did not work, the televisions were oddly small, and not a flat screen to be had anywhere. The dishwasher leaked water all over the floor, and SOMEHOW management has managed to charge me for a towel?? Really??? And what do I get for this - we had a great time while we were there, and the kids loved sleeping in the bunks, albeit there were no blankets and no one bothered to tell us before we got there - all of which I can overlook. But bed bug bites. HORRIFIC. SIMPLY HORRIFIC!!! Not worth the savings, not at any cost!!!!!!!!

3 Thank 24ktop
OaseasResortsGM, Public Relations Manager at Cabana Cay by Oaseas Resorts, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
We pride ourselves on our property upkeep and attention to detail, but clearly we were not up to standards on your stay, and for that I apologize. I've followed up with my team, and the maintenance and housekeeping issues have been taken care of. As far as "bed bugs" are concerned after your report of the incident, the State of Florida's Department of Business and Professional Regulation (Division of Hotels and Restaurants) did an inspection of the property. Their evaluation reflected that we did not have bed bugs. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further. I can also give you the incident report # , licensed inspector, and the contact information to verify this evaluation. Again, we are truly sorry that your trip did not meet expectations and we appreciate your feedback.

Keisha White
Director of Customer Care
1-877-808-4323

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

My friends and I just got back from Cabana Cay last night and we had an absolute blast. This is definitely a place for younger couples and groups but it is Panama City....what do you expect? Check-in took all of 5 minutes and the lady was very helpful in telling us places to eat and things to do. When we walked into our room it was much more than expected after reading the reviews on here. It was spotless and comfortable. The furniture is not high quality but that can only be expected from a place that is highly sought out for spring break.

The first morning we woke up there our AC was broken and within 10 minutes of calling someone was there and it had been fixed. Same goes for when we ran out of towels, we called and someone brought them up right away.

I noticed all of the complaining about the fees on here and they are all very clearly stated not only on most travel websites, but also at check in there are multiple signs. We had no surprise fees because all did was simply read the details before booking.

If you were expecting this place to be some grand resort like the Marriott or Ritz, first you should have taken the price you paid into account and secondly there are plenty of pictures that are a very accurate representation of what type of place this is.

The pool was amazing and we loved that we could bring a cooler full of drinks down and a radio and just relax, we really enjoyed that.

We had a great time, but maybe that is because we knew what we were paying for and did not expect some high end vacation place. I would recommend this place to people who are looking to have a good time, want a comfortable and clean room and do not expect more than what they paid. I would not really recommend this place for families because since it is Panama City there is a lot of drinking and partying going on.

Simply put this place was clean, comfortable, laid back, and a ton of fun. Just use common sense when booking anywhere and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stayed at this resort last year and it was great. I wish I could say the same this year. The room was run down, dirty carpet, marks on the walls, I was afraid to sit on the couch in the living room as it looked pretty bad. It was supposed to have a fully functioning kitchen but dishwasher did not work, coffee maker was broken, had one spoon in the kitchen drawer. The bathrooms were clean except for the inch of dust sitting on the bathroom vent! The shower head was broken. It seems like they clean the place but do nothing else to maintain the rooms. On the positive side the pool area was nice and the outside of the resort was nice but I would not stay again next year. Price was not too bad, no hidden fees. When I checked out they did not even ask how my stay was, just took my keys and said thank you.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a clean room! check in is at 4:00, most hotels let you check in at 3:00 and th...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BigBoy4410
Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your comments with my team. We pride ourselves on our property upkeep and attention to detail, but clearly we were not up to standards on your stay, and for that I apologize. I have followed up with maintenance and housekeeping, and these issues have been resolved. Thank you for bringing them to our attention. It is from comments such as yours that we are able to evaluate ourselves and improve.
Destin, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband and I had planned an anniversary weekend to panama city and thought this place would be great. But were we wrong! First the check in building was dirty and the people we were checking in next to we're complete low life trash. Then when we opened the room the walls were filthy the carpet was filthy and full of stains the sheets were dirty and the pillows smelled. Also the hand towel in the bathroom was on the floor along with the complimentary toiletries then there was trash in the kitchen and on the balcony and the white chair in the room looked like something that would be on the side of the road for the garbage men to pickup with a huge knife like tear down the center. Also the kitchen floor and refrigerator and couch were disgusting and dirty as well. We didn't even stay one night and attempted to look for accommodations for three hours to no avail. So since no facility had any availability we drove all the way back to destin. And we are now staying at the sandestin golf and beach resort. Hotelsone was very kind and prompt in refund however cabana cay told them they wouldn't refund us the first night since we checked in. I will never stay there or anywhere else in panama city. The whole town besides pier park is ghetto and I never will come there again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family