“Great Stay at the Palazzo”

Palazzo Condominiums
Reviewed March 21, 2009

I just returned from my trip with family at the Palazzo and it was great. The beaches in Panama City Beach were beatiful.
We were there during the week of spring break and enjoyed our trip. Eventhough it was spring break the location of the Palazzo is just enough down the block away from the college spring breakers that it wasn't too crazy for the younger children in our group. The people hanging out on the beach in front of the Palazzo were extremely friendly and everyone was very helpful.
I would recommend renting a pontoon boat. I would try to grab a free coupon book to check out some of the deals on rentals. There is a small booth out front on the beach of the palazzo for "Aquatic Adventures." They tried to charge us $220 for a full day and I called a competitor of theirs "Adventures at Sea" who quoted me $165. I told Aquatic Adventures about the lower price and they matched it. I wasn't too pleased with Aquatic Adventures because we used their free shuttle which arrived about an hour late. We were supposed to be on the boat by 9am and didn't get out until about 10:45 am because three boats they tried to start for us wouldn't crank up. Even with the hour and forty five minute delay they still wanted the boat back at 5pm and we didn't get an additional discount. We spoke with another customer on the shuttle who said they were charged $180 for half a day, so I would defnitely recommend negotiating. I did talk to someone that used the other company "Adventures and Sea" and they said that their boat was kind of a junky one too but at least they (company) looked like they had their stuff together and only paid $150 for a day. If you do take the pontoon out I would definitely drive it out to the channel part just prior to where it opens into the gulf. They say you aren't allowed into the gulf but go right before it opens up into the gulf and you will see a sand bar towards the left. Beach the pontoon up onto it in the middle of the channel and you will be standing on a sand bar right in the middle of the water. My group had a blast their and wished we had found it earlier. If you dig in the sand on the side of the sand bar facing the gulf you will find tons of sand dollars. I would bring goggle/snorkle because it makes it alot easier to find the sand dollars. In reference to that I would buy the snorkles/nets at Walmart even though its a headache but its half the price that what you pay at alvins for shovels and nets for the kids.

I heard that Montego Bay was a good place to eat along with Shukums. I never went there myself because we cooked out at the condo most nights. However we did try out "Five Guys Burgers and Fries" which was a pretty good quick meal. They have good burgers and also hot dogs. If you want a late night hang out away from the strip then you might want to check out "Tootsies" in pier park. They had decent live band until 3am and there was no cover charge.
If you want good deals on T-shirts and Souveniers then try out the $9.99 store down the street from Pineapple Willies.
Overall I enoyed this location/condo and will defnitely return.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family