“Great place to stay.”

Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed May 5, 2010

Great front desk clerk; clean rooms-wonderful housekeeping staff.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
sleepinnpcb, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2010

Thank you for your kind words. Please come back and stay with us again. You are always welcome here.

Reviewed April 19, 2010

I stay at hotels 7 nights/month. I usually stay at Hampton Inns. This hotel compares favorably. Clean, comfortable rooms with good service. Brakfast not as good as Hamton Inns, but I only eat cereal anyway. My only complaint is that the cereal bowls and juice glasses are considerably smaller than I used to in other hotels. I wil continue to stay here when I'm in town.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I will check on the bowls and glasses to see if we are within Choice Hotels standards. Thank you for thre review and bringing this up.

Reviewed March 3, 2010

We stayed here for Thanksgiving week, visiting family. We normally stay at Holiday Inn Sunspree but wanted to save up our points for a summer stay, so we chose this hotel.

It is a clean hotel, VERY CLEAN! I mean, there were some dogs in the hotel and it did not spell of pets at all. It smelled pleasant and clean.

It was a very comfortable hotel. We were able to sleep well and it was QUIET.

The breakfast was adequate, they put little out at a time, but I can see not wasting food. It was kept very clean and the man staffing the area was very efficient in keeping it clean and refilling stations.

The front desk was mostly friendly.

The issues we did have was that they have NO WIRELESS internet in your room, and they do not have enough ethernet cables to go around. I bought an ethernet cable and the cable did not work. I had a paper due when I returned home to SC and I could not work on it. A couple of employess tried to help and another one could not be bothered. They handed me an ethernet cord on the day i was checking out. My husband travels extensively for business and he would not be able to do his work here. They do have wireless in the public area....one does not pay for a hotel room to sit in the lobby and if you are staying for business purposes and have sensitive paperwork, this does not work.

My husband and I answered a review sent to us by Comfort Inn. We have never complained about a hotel before and the only thing we complained about was the internet issue and the help less but mostly friendly staff. We recieved a rude letter from the General Manager and he basically told us to find another hotel to stay at...which we have, we went back to Holiday In Sunspree where we receive everything we need and more. We stick mainly to Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn now and my husband used to stay at Comfort Inn about 100 days in a year. So Comfort Inn has lost a lot of business from us because of this one rude General Manager who needs Anger Management and Customer Relations classes.

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The staff was very friendly and helpful. This is a newer hotel and is quite comfortable. Watch out turning left out of the parking lot. Median is not marked and will damage cars.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
sleepinnpcb, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2009

I am sorry that you had a problem with our curbing. The state added that when we opened. I have since added 4ft. markers on that curbing to prevent any further problems. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed October 4, 2009

We stayed here for two nights in summer 2009 on the way crossing the US. We looked for something affordable, safe and clean. Beachfront Hotels were too expensive (it was high season) and other beachfront places that did fit our budget were too shabby. So we chose this place. By car you'll get to the beach in only a few minutes anyway.

The check-in was pretty fast and friendly. Location was close to the main street, but it wasn't noisy.
The rooms were nice and really clean. They come with a flat screen TV, microwave and a fridge. We had two really good nights here...quiet and safe.
If you are heading to Schooners (best restaurant in town!!), just take a left at the Hotel exit, that's the fastest way... and you'll get to the beach without much traffic.

So we were really happy with this place and would stay here again...nice Hotel...and a great town!!

Wanna know more about my trip? Click on my profile or visit:
route66traveler.jimdo.com

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2009

The room we stayed in was very clean, the beds and pillows were nice. There was a plant in the room. We weren't here for the beach or entertainment, so I cannot comment on those things. But the room was good and the staff was nice. Breakfast was standard for this type of hotel - cold cereals, bread, yogurt, some fruit, waffle maker, coffee, and biscuits and gravy. Overall I was very satisfied with the room for the price we paid, which was $80 for two queens during the off season.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Me and my hubby decided to take a quick trip to Fl for Valentines Day. We found this hotel online and booked it. We thought it was maybe closer to the beach,but its not. It was a min. away from everything. I wanted to drink and my husband doesn't drive so I had to do it in the room. My husband had a great time speaking to the staff members. They are friendly, the rooms are nice for the price. We didn't get the one we thought we reserved. Oh the best part were the flat screen tv's. They really need to improve on the breakfast. Not worth my time waisted!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple