New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Rainy weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Clean & comfortable Friday & Saturday evening sleeps on an extremely rainy weekend. Staff was good about giving us extra laundry bags for our drenched clothing and shoes. Breakfast server was very accommodating keeping tables clean & food available for those that were hanging out trying to stay dry.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank abcmac
Sam H, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Abcmac,

Thank you very much for taking the time and writing a review about our hotel.
Every member of our team, including Ms. Sylvia, the breakfast host, greatly appreciates your comments, and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us; even though it was a rainy weekend.
we look forward to seeing you very soon.

Best wishes,

Sam & the SI PCB Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I were on our way to Destin and needed to stop in Panama City for business so we spent the night here. We chose this hotel because of my husbands points.
First: We were given a room key to a "non-smoking" room. The smoke smell was so strong in this room it made me nauseous. As I stood and waited for husband to get another room key, the maintenance man walked down the hall spraying the strongest deodorizer that took my breath away. My husband went down to desk to get another room assignment. THAT room was just as bad. Worn out we decided to stay there anyway.
Second: There was a lady about 22 years old with her luggage and backpack sitting on the couch in the reception area when we checked in around 3 pm. When we returned from the movie at 10 she was still there with her luggage. This story will be continued at the end...
Third: Room was so dirty - carpet, floor and bedspread. Sheets were so thin and threadbare you could read through them.
Fourth: At 2am the phone rang and woke us up with a start. There was a man on the line who said that the computer in the lobby had crashed and we needed to give him a new credit card number. Dazed and confused I asked him "now?" He said "yes" our room was showing vacant. My husband awake and alarmed took the phone, told him he would be right down, then went back to bed. It was a phone scam which has apparently happened so many times at this hotel they had to put a sign at the front desk warning people NOT to give our CC numbers on the phone. (Apparently we missed that when we checked in.) My husband went to the desk the next morning and the receptionist said the same thing happened the day before to a woman traveling alone and she was naive and gave the man her CC number and thus had to have ALL her cards cancelled the next day.
Fifth: breakfast hours were posted and when we arrived to grab some coffee and a pastry 20 minutes before it was supposed to close, it was closed up tight. We couldn't get out of that nightmare place fast enough. We checked out, walked to the car, and guess who had her luggage, backpack beside her sitting at the pool? The apparently homeless lady who was in the reception area the day before. This place needs some SERIOUS monitoring from someone in headquarters. BEWARE and choose another hotel or just keep driving!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Barbara T
Sam H, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Barbara T,

I tried to do some research, but could not find anything that relates to your story. Please contact me at your conveince at 850.249.2501 to discuss your stay.

Sam H & the SI PCB Team
Florence, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This trip was for R&R, not the beach or strip, drama free check in, relaxing breakfast,quiet, just what we were looking for.....If you want to deal with noise and traffic, get a room up Front Beach Rd.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shel M
Sam H, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Shel M,

Every member of our team greatly appreciates it, and we hope to see you again very soon.

Best Regards,

Sam H. & the SI PCB Team!
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband didn’t want me to plan ahead as always and could not find a place to stay that was of our family standards, however he went literally door to door and found this hotel, it was super clean, great free breakfast that included eggs, just when we were leaving the TV’s where been replace by LED 39" TV’s, not that I was going to PCB for the TV’s but it was something extra. Great old style American service, not on the beach but for next fishing season will think staying here instead of a hotel on the Beach would not have expected this from a Sleep Inn, Loved it!

3 Thank Mimimua
Sam H, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Mimimua,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and every member of the Sleep Inn team greatly appreciates it. We're glad we were able to help you find a room on a sold out night and that you got to enjoy the Free Hot Breakfast. The 39" LED HD TVs are now all installed! We hope to see you again soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Before I booked a room at this hotel I asked several questions about the accommodations. I was told that the hotel could accommodate my family and I needs. I then booked only to arrive and not have any of those accommodations met. when I asked the two gentlemen at the front desk about it, they were very rude and nonchalant. Instead of trying to find other ways to appease us, the two became very argumentative. I am not sure because the hotel pretty much already had our money because the beach surrounding hotels were sold out or what. the next day we informed the staff that we were in need of hand towels in order to take showers only to be told that they did not have any available, by this time it is almost 12 in the afternoon and were told by house keeping that they were in the dryer since 6 am and are still not dried. I will say that the lady at the front desk was helpful and very police as well as the GM, but the rest of the staff may want to find another profession because clearly dealing with guest is not their cup of tea.

Room Tip: Run or drive past this Hotel. do not stop on go or collect $200.00.
3 Thank I95Bound
Sam H, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear I95Bound,

You never mentioned what accommodations you needed that we did not meet, but on behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Sam H and the SI PCB Team
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here in June 2012 for our whole vacation - excellent stay!! This year, June 2013, we thought we would stay the first 2 nights directly "on the beach" and the rest of the week at Sleep Inn. We made reservations at both hotels. When we got to the "on the beach hotel", we checked in, inspected our room and knew that we had to check out right away!! While in the disgusting room, we called Sleep Inn and spoke with David. We explained our emergency situation and asked if we could check in 2 days earlier than what our reservations were made for. He took us in immediately. We asked if we could have the same room on the 4th floor, that we had last year, a great view of the strip towards the ocean. He accommodated our every need and helped calm our nerves after making a bad decision to stray from our Sleep Inn. Thank you, David, you are a doll and have patience of a saint!!!! Thanks, again, for everything!!!
Additional, note - Joan Ave. the side road next to the hotel - turn left - leads to Lagoon Dr. (Shell Island tour with Capt. Anderson's) Thomas Dr. (have dinner at Schooners) ***Joan Ave. is a short cut to these area's. This Sleep Inn is in an excellent locatation if you want to stay away from all the PCB traffic. They have a movie theatre down from the lobby with stadium seating and play a movie every night at 7p and serve popcorn!!!! The breakfast is plentiful with eggs, bacon/sausage, waffles, blueberry/asst. muffins, oranges/apples, bagels, toast, oatmeal, cereals, orange/apple juice & coffee. David and staff are the best, and THEY REALLY WANT to make you feel comfortable!!! See y'all next year!!!

Room Tip: 1st & 2nd floors are pet friendly
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank FamilyVacationPCB
Sam H, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear familyVacationPCB,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and your home away from home! We could not of have said it any better. Every member of our team, including David, greatly appreciates it, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Sam H. & the SI PCB Team!
Jefferson, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Only stayed one night till our condo was ready the next day......I am so glad it was only one night. Not the cleanest room.......hairs all over the sheets when I pulled the stained top cover back on the bed, soiled towel stuck behind the coffee pot ( not sure how long that had been there), carpet not vacuumed all the way. I let the front desk know about the sheets so that they could change them out before I went to bed and went to the pool with kids to get out of the way; came back a couple hours later, found sheets unfolded on the top of the bed for me to change out. I would suggest looking at the room before booking! Not one of the better hotels that I have stayed at.

3 Thank Julie35032
Dear Julie35032,

Sorry to hear about your recent experience in our hotel. We work hard every day to exceed guest expectations. I wish you had brought this to our attention during your stay and we could of taken care of it right away. I'm available on most days, so please feel free to contact me by phone at 850.249.2501 or by email at gm.fl950@choicehotels.com, if you would like to discuss this further.

best regards,