“Needs a good cleaning!”

Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights last week and I will try to be fair. We choose this hotel for location we wanted to be close to family that was staying in condo's down the street. Well the location is the only plus I could see.. The hotel has good " bones" but it's just so dirty! I wanted to leave when we got in the room it had stains all over the doors and walls and it wasn't just from luggage being banged against the walls. after realizing we had to stay there or forfeit our money I went and bought disinfecting wipes and wiped the walls down all the stains came off! It looked like some one was eating and ran thier hands all over the walls. I also cleaned the bathroom and the wipes where black after use! I found hair in my bed and everything had loads of dust on it! This hotel accepts pets so it should have a higher standard of cleanliness! When we first got to our room the door connecting the rooms was still open we told the front desk he asked if we wanted him to lock it! I don't think we wanted an open door to a room with strangers! But the worse was the second night after staying out late I pulled back the covers to find the sheets unchanged and the bed full of ants!!! So we had to change rooms at 2:30 am! I imagine we slept with the ants the night before! The hotel did have a breakfast area but I felt if the rooms where dirty the kitchen would be dirty! And the shower curtain was so gross I left it open outside the tub! Most of the staff was nice but my advice go elsewhere if you want a clean hotel! If you just want a place to crash this hotel is for you! And I also tipped the cleaning staff .... Didn't help!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank trvbugz
sleepinnpcb, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Trvbugz,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. We apologize you did not enjoy your experience with us. I believe the room that I moved you to met your expectations. I did speak to our housekeeping staff regarding the condition of the first room. Hope you consider us again for your next visit to the Panama City Beach area.

Best Regards,
Sam H and the team of Sleep Inn PCB.

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have stayed here in August 2012. For the price you can not beat it, it is very convenient to anything you want to do even though it is not directly on the ocean. The rooms very very clean and Sam at the front desk was very helpful. They have a hot breakfast that my family took advantage of every morning, my kids love the waffles. They even had a nightly movie with popcorn that was free and with 3 kids with me they really enjoyed it. My family and I have a trip planned again in October and will be staying here again. Thank you to the staff for helping make our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank crazedmomof5

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you all again in October!
Best Regards,
Sam H and the Sleep Inn PCB Team.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

This motel is so Dirty. I have Picture to prove it. I booked over the phone,once you check in it is to late. You can't get out of it. I had a whole week. Don't Stay Here. The laundry room was so Dirty, pictures to prove it. The ironing board was all full of dirt. I could haves ironed on the street. The carpets are black down the halls.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Oo7r

Dear Oo7r,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. We apologize you did not enjoy your experience with us during your week long stay. I'm available 7 days a week and would have loved to speak to you during your stay and would have taken care of any issues. I'll make sure to speak to the staff about your concerns and we hope you stay with us again in the future.
Sam H and the Sleep Inn Team

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed at the Sleep Inn for one night due to having to leave our condo on the beach early for a variety of reasons including pests and cleanliness. The front desk staff (a mother and son staff) were awesome and took care of my wife and me and were very friendly. We walked in and they were able to give us a great rate for a one nights stay. It was late and we were tired of looking for a place to lay our head, but these two took great care of us and set us up with a nice, clean room. The rooms themselves need a little touch up but nothing too severe, just some painting here and there. The hotel itself is in great condition and the cleanliness beats much of the higher priced, beachfront hotels and condos on the strip. The hotel is adjacent to many of PCB's attractions and is relatively close to the beaches. Our room was very nice, clean and the beds were very comfortable.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael D
sleepinnpcb, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you all again in the future!

Best Regards,
Sam H and the Sleep Inn PCB Team.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

well the front desk people was awesome. the manager was so nice , and the breakfast lady was super sweet and helpful . house keeping lady that is in charge not so nice. and don't smile or acknowledge a guest. she frowns at you. so avoid her. the hotel was clean not so much the room. had hair on the bathroom floor and in dresser drawer, but the lobby and dining area was real nice and clean. can not say my visit was bad.

Room Tip: first floor suites nice and roomy. close to pool fourth floor nice and quiet
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2012

As a Choiceprivileges member, I cashed in a ton of points to stay here with my family for a night in mid-July. I probably was lucky to get a room as the hotel was packed (as one might expect considering it is close to all the action in Panama City Beach without being directly on the beach). The hotel staff did a pretty good job juggling all the individual requests from its guests and the overall service was fine. I was disappointed that the pool was not open upon our 5pm check-in time. The manager said it would reopen in the morning, but we didn't have time in the morning to take advantage of it. We were hoping for a swim considering that the beach in Panama City was littered with seaweed that particular night.

Rooms are ample in size with a good size, wall mounted flat screen TV. Bathroom appeared clean. The breakfast area was packed in the morning and there were no seats so we wanted to take our food back to our room but there were no trays and a handmade sign said, "No taking food back to room" or something to that effect. I imagine that people try and take extra food back with them, but if they make you eat in the breakfast room then make it large enough to accommodate your guests. I also wasn't thrilled to see guests bringing their dogs to breakfast with them. I don't mind pets, but not around food. There was a nice selection of hot items for breakfast - more than the ubiquitous waffle maker - with eggs and sausages. Overall, we had a decent stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel is great. It is the best value you can get if you wanna stay in panama city beach. Most hotels there are directly on the beach but are more expensive. The beach is about 5 minutes by car. There's a lot of restaurant near (not just fast-food) and a wal-mart, a liquor store, etc. Rooms are spacious and clean, service is great. There's a clean pool and gym. The only thing is that breakfast ends at 9AM, which can be a problem if you are note really an early person...But nice place overall.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends