“We loved our stay and will be back.”

Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Our stay at sleep inn &suites was so enjoyable.We made reservations and i'm disabled,so we had a accessible room.The suites was more than we expected.I had no problem getting around the suite or the bathroom.Front desk was accomadating.My other family had rooms close to ours and the grandkids enjoyed the pool.I was able to go out and watch them in the pool and I was in my wheelchair.We will be back again.

Room Tip: It was quiet and we were back by the door going to the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank whbrown
PCBeachBoy, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Thank you so much for review. They are very important to us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and welcome you back on your next trip to Panama City Beach. My staff and I work hard to make our guests a part of our family. Please come see us again soo.

Reviewed July 24, 2011

Stayed one night at the Sleep Inn this month and we had an accessible room with a king-sized bed. The room itself was a good size, plenty of space for a playpen for the baby. The bathroom was clean and bright. The carpet in the room is showing the traffic with a few spots and stains to be seen, but the bed was comfortable and the A/C didn't keep anyone awake.

I appreciated the in-room fridge and microwave and the flat panel tv on the wall.
We also appreciated the free internet access to keep in touch. The pool was small, but nice to use. Breakfast in the morning was good for a bite to eat, but a bigger selection would have been nice.

If you're looking for a beach resort, this isn't it. But if you need an inexpensive place to stay for a night or two this will do.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ridiculous888
PCBeachBoy, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2011

Thank you for your comments. I dont quiet understand the review. You seem to have liked our hotel. Our breakfast (Sausage, scrambled eggs, sausage biscuits and gravy, hot waffles, cereals, breads, muffins, pastries, fresh fruits, juices and coffee ) seems to be a very big hit with our guests. For a Sleep Inn it is a very good value. Have a great day and I hope you will return soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

Last year, July 2010, I had booked a room at this hotel. About 2 weeks prior to my check in date, I received a call from the hotel. They were canceling my reservation. Due to the oil spill, FEMA was taking over their hotel. In a panic, I got angry, the person who had called me assured me there were rooms available at a nearby hotel and he would help me get in contact with them. Instead of heeding his words, I contacted Choicehotels.com, (which I believe is the parent company). I was rebuked at a nearby choice hotel. My stay there was great, but my experience with SleepInn & Suites doesn't end there. Upon my return from PBC, I had received a letter from SleepInn. It was an apology for my inconvenience and a coupon for a DEEP discount on my next stay. I re-booked this year with SleepInn, and am looking forward to some of the same amazing customer service I have received to date. I have yet to spend a nickle with SleepInn, yet the staff has treated me very kind. Can't wait to review again after my return!

Room Tip: Very few people review when things are GREAT!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed at the Sleep Inn a couple years ago when they first opened. They have come up since then. They have a full breakfast, movie theatre (daily movies) and refreshements for kids. They had a comedy show and most of all, the atmosphere is wonderful. We normally stay in a condo but this was a spur of the moment trip. We (my husband and 5 kids) have decided we will keep our time share for other places and definitely stay at Sleep Inn when in PCB. We were able to walk to the Cobra Adventures and other places nearby. The hotel is very clean and the housekeeping department are wonderful!

Room Tip: Had King Suite and Double bed rooms
Management response:Responded June 28, 2011

Thank you for your kind words. We try very hard to make everyones stay a memorable one. I take great pride in my staff for keeping our property clean and guests happy. Hope you had a chance to see our Hypnotist Mike Harvey Show. He's alot of fun. Please come come and see us again soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2011

We needed a place to meet and sleep before starting a family vacation nearby. It was very convenient to the attractions of Panama City Beach, particularly go carts, Ripleys, Wonder Works, etc. and close to Hwy 98 a main thoroughfare. The staff, beginning with AM Kelton and including housekeepers was very courteous and welcoming. Good value. Would stay again and recommend.

1  Thank wsmith11
Management response:Responded June 28, 2011

Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed our hotel and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

I booked this hotel for 2 nights to attend a wedding over the weekend because reviews were pretty good, rate seem ok and we were only staying two nights. I booked a suite with King bed and sofa bed because we had 2 adults & 1 child and sofa bed was fine for the child. The rate was ok, $95 per night...I booked directly on Choice Hotels site. When we arrived at 5:00 (check in was 4:00), we were asked if a double w/ queen beds would be better for us. I said no, I would like the room I booked. Then we were told that they had overbooked and King room was not available. I asked for the rate that I would have gotten if I had booked the double queen room which was $89, not $95. Told no, had to pay the same rate as King suite. In addition, the remote was missing the battery cover, things were broken....from the luggage stool, the safety lock on door, hangers in closet. There was mold in bathroom around tub, the coffee machine had old, use coffee grounds in it and old water in the water chamber---wouldn't use. Internet was not available entire time we were there. Good points were housekeeping that observed the "do not disturb" and actually gave us some extra towels and the fact that you couldn't tell it was a hotel that accepted pets---room smelled fresh and clean. (It is a non-smoking hotel, so that helps alot) Pool was nice and clean and parking was also good. Overall, will never stay again, but only because of the change in rooms. The other things you can pretty much expect at this type hotel at this rate in PCB.

Room Tip: Be prepared to not get the room you booked.
Management response:Responded June 8, 2011

I apologize greatly for your disappointment in my hotel. I cant imagine your horror. I wish you would have spoken to me while you were on property. I had a meeting with my staff yesterday regarding this review and it is greatly understood that this will not be tolerated. I have also spoken with my Maintenance staff and the room is being repaired right away. Please call me when you find time. Again, I apologize for the problems.

Reviewed May 31, 2011

This has been the worst service I have ever received from any choice hotels chain. I ask to check in early at 3:30 and was not grated that. I checked in around 5 and when I got to my room I didn't have any towels or face cloths. The room looked like they rushed to put things together. I call the front desk to make them aware and they told me that would take care of it. At 9:05 I still hadn't received my towels. I called and they said they would be up in ten minutes. It is now 10 pm and I still have not received my towels. I have missed the reservations that I had for a restaurant and I'm stuck here waiting for towels. I will never stay at this hotel ever again. This is terrible hotel service and I deserved better on my vacation/holiday.

Room Tip: Don't stay here around the holidays.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple