“Its a Sleep Inn”

Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
US
“Its a Sleep Inn”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

The first room we got had sand in the beds, was moved to another room that had black hair in the bed.The young guy working at the desk was accomodating and moved us again.
This room was ok. The air condition was so loud and the walls are thin, had an unhappy baby next door. Needs to be painted and updated. Next time I will have to pay more for a nicer place

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
I am truly sorry that your stay was not to your expectations. Sometimes limited service hotels do not meet the expectations of travelers as yourself. I have addressed the issues that you have brought up and have taken appropriate actions to correct this issues. Hope you can stay again with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2011

Actually, not easy where to start..
Usually rooms in humid climate have a distinct smell. The room had no smell at all, which I did not expect. Such can only be achieved by thorough cleaning. Same goes for hallways, pool and all other surroundings. All very neat and in great shape.
As for the people running the place: I have seldom been at a motel or hotel, where ALL the staff was perfect. Here, I found them. From the room cleaner to the guy preparing the breakfast to the assistant manager. It was easy to opt for an additional day in that surrounding.
I recommend this Sleep Inn in all respects and for my next stay in Panama City, I will definitely stay there again.
Thank you so much, guys - I really enjoyed my stay!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank fmfatlanta
Thank you so much for review! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff is very special to me and sure make my job easy. Please come stay with us again anytime.
Lanett, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

One of the best Hotel Suites on the Beach at the best price!

Room Tip: It's right on Front Beach rd
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
Thank you so much for your review. It makes me very happy when a guest takes time from their busy lives to remember us. I am very proud of our hotel and staff and hope to see you soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

I recently traveled to Panama City Beach for Thunder Bike Week and decided to stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites because I work for Choice Hotels. To much of my surprise the hotel was wonderful. The staff was friendly upon check in. The front office manager Kelvin (I think his name was) checked me in. Very nice and informative on the hotel and area. I also encountered Ashley, John, Sandra and another lady during my stay. The other lady was working on the third floor. All of which were super awesome. I will definetly tell everyone about my wonderful experience and look forward to visiting again. By the way, Breakfast was GREAT! The Movie Night Was KOOL too! Thanks to all the staff for making my staff wonderful!

• Stayed April 2011
Thank you for staying with us! My staff works very hard to make our guests part of the family. I'm happy you enjoyed our Movie Theater (it's my pride and joy) and breakfast. We have tried every combination possible for breakfast and I think we have it down pat now. Please come stay with us again in the future. We love Thunderbeach and always welcome our biker friends!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

My rooms was the cleaner than most rooms I have ever stayed in, for it to be a sleep inn hotel. The housek'eeper was very nice,held a nice conversation in elevators everytime I saw her and other housekeepers, Her name was Sandra, didn't get her last name, but she had a smile everytime I saw her. The breakfast was wonderful, the front desk was a little rude, but probably under pressure, but I will return.

Room Tip: Clean Rooms
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank webber66
, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Thank you so much for your comments about our hotel. My Head Housekeepers, Sandra, is a joy to work with everyday and I appreciate your comments about her. I will speak to my Front Desk about your comment. No matter how much stress they are under, they should never be rude. Thanks for staying with us and I hope to see you in the future.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

I stayed at the sleep Inn Panama city beach over spring break with my family. Check in time was a little crazy as there were about 20 of us trying to get into our rooms at the same time. The staff at the front desk was great and was very personable to each of us checking in not sure how they do it even when some people are so rude to them.. The rooms were very clean and breakfast was awesome it is definitely more than just a a basic breakfast. My teenage sons had a blast as a parent I loved be able to allow my 17 year olds some freedom during spring break since the hotel was filled with spring breakers. The staff was really great to them allowing them to act like kids on spring break and not like stopping or yelling at them for every little noise made. Thank you to all the staff at the sleep inn for a wonderful stay and we will be back next year!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
We did it again! Thanks so much for your kind comments about our hotel. I take great pride in our hotel and my staff. We love Spring Break and all the young people who come to visit us each year. Sometimes its hard to maintain the balance in a "Spring Break Hotel" and those who are not here for that, but I think we have it worked out pretty well. Please come to visit us next time your in town. We consider all of our guests a part of our family. Thanks again!
McDonough, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel during my daughter's spring break. The people there were friendly and great. The rooms were really clean and the staff made sure we had everything we needed. The location was great because it was close to everything we wanted to do but far enough away from other college spring break stuff that we enjoyed out week.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments. I am very proud of our hotel and my staff especially. They work very hard to make sure our guests are treated like family and give you the best care possible. We always love to hear from our guests that had a positive vacation experience with us. Please stay with us again when your in town.