“Plan to stay here every year”

Tidewater Beach Resort
Trenton, Georgia
“Plan to stay here every year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Tidewater in Unit #0208 and absolutely loved it. Breathtaking views of the coast, balconies in every unit, incredible pool and sauna access. We loved everything about it. It was just like having our own home right on the beach. No complaints here whatsoever. Great location. Close to Pier Park and several restaurants but not right in the middle of all of the crowds. We plan to go back to Tidewater for our family vacations every year. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
10 Thank katiej711

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

We just returned from a week at the Tidewater Resort. I was very skeptical after reading some of the reviews, but was pleasantly surprised. Our condo was beautiful and very clean. The kitchen was well stocked. The resort staff was very friendly and helpful and we saw people cleaning the common areas quite often. We were on the 8th floor and never waited more than 3 or 4 minutes for the elevator, but they were very hot. My only real (but minor) complaint is there are no markings on the parking garage to tell you what level you're on. The resort was not super crowded during our week, which I'm sure had a lot to do with the how pleasant our stay was. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank kytravelmom
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

**WAS TOLD THIS WAS A NEW PROPERTY**I have used Resort Quest many times in the past at other locations. Room was filthy, elevators were so slow you need an extra day of vacation, staff just blames the owners for condo being a dump and says there is nothing they can do to help us. The "guests" do not matter at this dive. I'll never do business with Resort Quest again. I'm guessing the 5 star reviews on here are just Resort Quest's staff writing so they can sucker people into renting there. Run don't walk from this dump.

10 Thank bama1965

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Americus, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

I was concerned from reading some of the negative reviews and went in expecting some issues. But when we arrived, group of ~18, check in was a breeze, plenty of luggage carts, elevator was extremely slow maybe twice that weekend. Great location and I booked through resortquest. I would def. stay at tidewater again or venture out to other condos as well as through resortquest. Their customer service is always awesome when I call and I enjoyed the passport to fun passes. not the best sleeper sofa and sometimes my key did not work so make sure you ask for atleast 2 keys

Room Tip: look online and request for the room you like
2 Thank mrspickett
Cadiz, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

We stayed at VRBO #360638 - Tidewater Resort unit 300 – 3rd floor overlooking the pool and beach - the week of July 10, 2011. The condo is immaculately clean, and very well decorated. It’s at the end of a long hallway, which provided us with privacy from the noise that was coming from other vacationers in the hallways and elevators. The view from the balcony was wonderful – right out to the beach! Below us was the pool, which is beautiful but a bit noisy during the day and into the early night hours.
The beach does offer beach chairs, but they rent for $33 per person per day. This was not included with our condo stay. I would recommend the owner purchase a seasonal pass for the chairs to give his/her guests the added amenity of having chairs on the beach and not having to bring their chairs – and the sand on their chairs – into the condo.
We had to purchase a few things for the condo – additional hangers and washcloths being the main things. We didn’t have a robe hook in the bathrooms, but found that we could hang our dripping suits over the shower head. The kitchen if furnished perfectly – even with the same kitchen stove and fridge I have at home! But other than cooking a pizza – we didn’t use it much.
We really liked that you don’t have to have a key or key card for the door – just a simple combination that you can memorize. We didn’t have to worry about having enough keys, or who had the key.

Parking was included in our rental, and the parking garage has a walk-over on tne 2nd floor. We liked that since the road is very busy, and we'd not care to try to cross in traffic!

Tidewater is a beautiful resort – only a few years old - on Lullwater Beach, which is very close to Pier Park. We walked to the pier a couple of days. The beach the week we were here was FULL of sea weed. We heard one local say they called it “June grass” and it was always here between the last two weeks of June and the first two weeks of July. It really stunk – like dead fish. I’d recommend coming at another time to avoid this stuff. We couldn’t stand to lay on the beach for the smell. No one was getting in the water – it looked like country pond scum!

Room Tip: Rent from VRBO.com where you can rent directly from an owner. I've done it many times.
6 Thank limeadelover
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

Even though my room was very nice, I will never stay at Tidewater again. The elevator wait was terrible and when you did get one they smelled like a guy locker. i didn't see one person cleaning the commons areas. I realize that the week before July 4th is very busy, at least this was the reason that I was given why the elevators were so slow, but I've stayed in large complexes before the same week and never have I had to wait for an elevator for 30 minutes every time I would go to the beach. Then the 500 plus chairs in front of the condo is ridiculous. Half the chairs were not being used, due to them being on top of one another, so all the beach area in front of the condo was taken up. And the free wireless Internet, we'll you get what you pay for. A dial up modem is faster. Pitiful for such a nice facility to be degraded by the lack of design and functionality of the space.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank nascardan
St Louis, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

Was here over the fourth and it was packed. Elevator and cart wait time was insane. The facility and condo is very nice, clean and well stocked. Great supply of dishes, blender, toaster etc. It is newer therefore still very nice. Was in a 2 br, with bunk bed room. Walking distance to the pier, restaurants and shopping. The view from the 23rd floor was nice of the water.

Negatives... you can't put your own umbrella up in front of the condo umbrellas. 40 bucks a day to rent an umbrella is nuts. However PCB is overpriced in general. Wait time for the elevator to get up and down was very frustrating-some waiting an hour for an elevator on arrival. Nothing in the room to explain how to access the internet, had to call.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends