“Very Disappointed”

Tidewater Beach Resort
Fort Worth, Texas
“Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

Haven't had such a hotel/condo experience EVER. The bathrooms had no towel hooks was the first thing I noticed. The toilet bowl was filthy, there were no washcloths nor was there a hair dryer. The kitchen had no paper towels, coffee filters, nor dish soap and the pantry was locked so all food stuffs had to be "stored" on the countertops. The living room carpet was cheap, stained and otherwise dirty. The two land lines did not operate. There was no connectivity for our computers or cell phones as offered by the front desk. The wait for an elevator was from three to 20 minutes. The parking lot which is accross the street has no directional, exit or floor markings. It is dangerous to drive or walk in it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Tidewater55857

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Morgantown, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

loved the hotel it is beach front 31 floors only 3 years old. it has a theatre in the lobby and it is just awesome definetly stay here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

do not stay here unless you want your car vandallised, terrible security and staff, they need 3 times as many elevators as they have. I have been coming to PCB for 40 years and I will never ever stay at this property again.

Room Tip: stay away
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank PCBKing

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Tidewater was awesome. We had a wonderful vacation. The only problems I could find was the room could of been cleaned a little better, I am a neat freak. Also there was one security guard the last night we stayed that gave us a little trouble. He would not allow us in the hot tub inside the gym with our children. I am still confused why. He said something about shoes but we all had on flip flops and something about under 14 have to be with a parent? Which made no sense we were the parents and way beyond 14 years old I am 34 but If he thinks I look that young way to go for me! He had a bunch of teenagers sitting in the hallway who was in trouble with him but it had nothing to do with us and when we asked to go in that was his reasons why we couldn't go in??? Anyways other than that the hotel was great. We enjoyed alot of the amenties such as the passport to fun we used the Gulf World and Shell Island tickets. We also enjoyed the free DVD rentals. I tried the free beach chairs they offer but you have to be up early to get in line to get a good one and you can't move them so it was not worth it to us. The pools were nice but one of the hot tubs didn't work at the outside pool. I also think there needs to be more light in the outside pool areas at night its dangerous with small children. We also attended a movie at the hotels theatre which was nice but we would of like to brought pop corn and drinks but the owners would not allows this. It was nice though plus it was included at no exta charge. Panama City beach was wonderful. I have been to many beaches in both the gulf and east coast and panama city thus far is the best yet! They is alot to do and the beaches are clean and nice and waves are just right.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
13 Thank bk2135
Grant, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

We went for a family trip and will not be back. Our condo was nice but dirty.There was needles from shots in the garbage and mold everywhere.The beach area was dirty and if you pay for a chair people will just sit in it when you get up or put big lounge chairs in front of your paid for chair.Plus not enough staff,no security, and the elevators are horrible.The pools are ice cold.The jacuzzi would have been nice if parents was not letting the kids play in them because the pools were tooo cold.The lack of enforcement of rules bothered me severely.People had open beer in the pool and kids were unattended and jumping in the pool.The parking deck area had no signs at all to let you know which way to go.The Resortquest agent really sold us a LEMON.. We paid $200 a night for teenagers to ring our doorbell at midnight and to have to walk up and down the stairs anytime we went anywhere.Also when we was leaving we had to carry six peoples luggage to our car because no carts.I could go on for a hour but just a heads up to anyone who looks at this place , looks are decieving. I had SEEN THE REVIEWS but did not take them serious i thought it was picky people but now I know what they were saying .PLEASE look around first!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
11 Thank MaeganP
St. Louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

I was very pleased with our stay. Everyone was very helpful and made our stay perfect. The only thing I can even suggest is a better equipped kitchen..but who wants to cook anyway? The pool parties for kids were great. My only suggestion there would be to divide into 3 agegroups in games. My 15 yr old won the limbo contest for the adults! Perfect location beautiful beach just an awesome time. I would also suggest the Sea Screamer!

• Stayed June 2011
7 Thank kjparty
McEwen, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

We have enjoyed our stay @ the Tidewater. We were in unit 1209 which had an awesome view, tastefully decorated and clean (except shower curtain which were mildewed but I put them in the washing machine with some bleach and it was all cleaned up also there was sand in/on the bunk beds but I called and the housekeep came and cleaned it up very quickly). We loved the ocean... EXCEPT THE SEAWEED!! Not sure why it was here but the people that came with us were here in October 2010 and it was still there then. We enjoyed the shops, restaurants (except Bishops Family Restaurant... very PRICEY). Would love to come agin someday. Thanks to Tidwater for having everythng you need just like you were at home. We were here celebrating graduation of the Class of 2011!

Room Tip: The room that we had 1209 had a FANTASTIC VIEW!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family